PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 25th September

Grunt
27th September 2006, 02:02 PM
Well another week of golf results.

Played Campbelltown this morning, what a game 40 points with 3 wipes and 9 pars. Played the back nine in 4 over, could have been less but who cares. Was running 3rd when I left the club.
Very happy with my game, ballstriking was supurb, putting could have been better, left a few birdie putts short of the hole, but with greens recovering from coring can't take too much notice. Wipes were due to me trying to play shots that I am not capable of playing. Overall very happy, plus card will go in ;)

dc68
27th September 2006, 03:05 PM
Nice one mate 9 pars for a 20 marker is super stuff.

Grunt
27th September 2006, 06:47 PM
\\:D/Woo Hoo Card is in, new handicap is now 19.4:)

cazandpaul
28th September 2006, 04:50 AM
Well played - don't peak too early!

Jarro
28th September 2006, 05:36 AM
nice work Grant.

gotta work on those wipes mate ;) they're killing ya

Grunt
28th September 2006, 05:49 AM
I know mate, I know. Yesterday's ones were due to single poor shots, and a very unlucky bunker lie. It plugged in the face of the bunker just below the lip:shock:, took me 2 shots just to get it onto a plaable spot in the bunker. The other 2 were me not taking my medicine for a bad shot and trying the miracle shot, not good course management. Playing Ashlar this morning, lets see if I can play smart.
Had a very weird sensation yesterday on the last hole. I think it may be how good golfers feel when they are in winning situations. I had hit my drive into the middle of the fairway and was looking at a 165m shot to the green with the last 70m all water carry. I had to get the shot right, the hole was also a double bunger for me ;) The shot was a 5 iron in normal conditions, lie was ok, a little downhill. As I addressed the ball, had all these thoughts in my head. Normally I would have played the shot and more than likely swung too hard, hit it fat & the like and saw the ball go straight into the water. I pulled away and started all over, I even changed clubs and got the 4 iron, choked down the grip a little and hit a great shot to the centre of the green, I did not go for the sucker pin either :-D. Too bad I 3 putted but it was still a 5 a 3 to end the round on a high.

Grunt
28th September 2006, 02:07 PM
Played Ashlar this morning. 33 points. Had one of those days, good ballstriking, not too bad putting and 3 ****ed tee shots that caused 3 wipes. Cored greens again so some putts may have dropped and some didn't, not too worried with putting conditions, it was the same for everyone.
Oh well had a day as a 19 marker yet again but could not hold onto it. Hopefully another good round is not too far away and Ican crack into the teens properly. Will post some stats later.

McMw
28th September 2006, 10:17 PM
played against my mate who's a 9 marker today (9holes)...
gave him 1 hole advantage [index 1 - hole 8]...
I shot level for the 9, and yet didn't win a single $$$ off him...wat a pisser... :evil:

cazandpaul
29th September 2006, 03:37 AM
29 points Wed - net 73 yesterday - good weather, good company, good beer, lousy putting and now a week of work.

Flowergirl
29th September 2006, 07:38 AM
2 ball mixed ambrose yesterday. Started with a shocker drive - and was downhill from there. My pro was in the group behind and I just knew he was watching so instead of standing over the ball and feeling confident I kept on thinking of him and trying to do the right thing. Too many thoughts = stuff up. Isn't the mind a stupid thing:evil: And how friggin vain am I. That I think my pro is watching me play my shots. Get a grip Reenie - just get a grip:mrgreen: :smt002

I'll go back to the practise range today - hit a few balls without THINKING and get my groove back. Good thing was I didn't really care or get mad with myself. Tomorrow is another day.

BY the way - I think Natalie and I will become really good friends. I love the way she feels in my hands, she's long and cool to touch and when I stroke her properly she does everything I want her to do. Those Yes putters sure are good:smt002

AndyP
29th September 2006, 12:10 PM
29/09/2006, Pacific GC, Blue Marker Comp

Score 54-55-109 nett 98 (Par 36-36-72)

Let's get this out of the way now, so I don't have to dwell on it too much longer, and I can move on.

Woeful off the tee, mostly right. That's pretty much where most holes ended, so the rest of the game didn't have much of a chance, but when it did, it generally failed.

Positive: Didn't have worse than triple bogey on any hole. Bonus!

Next round: 07/10/2006, Bribie Island GC, Monthly Medal
Yes, I am a sucker for punishment........

AndyP
29th September 2006, 12:11 PM
BY the way - I think Natalie and I will become really good friends. I love the way she feels in my hands, she's long and cool to touch and when I stroke her properly she does everything I want her to do. Those Yes putters sure are good:smt002
Looks like I don't need those erotic fiction stories anymore...

BrisWesty
29th September 2006, 02:39 PM
2 ball mixed ambrose yesterday. Started with a shocker drive - and was downhill from there. My pro was in the group behind and I just knew he was watching so instead of standing over the ball and feeling confident I kept on thinking of him and trying to do the right thing. Too many thoughts = stuff up. Isn't the mind a stupid thing:evil: And how friggin vain am I. That I think my pro is watching me play my shots. Get a grip Reenie - just get a grip:mrgreen: :smt002

I'll go back to the practise range today - hit a few balls without THINKING and get my groove back. Good thing was I didn't really care or get mad with myself. Tomorrow is another day.

Reenie, from the sounds of that, you may have bought a Yes, Yes OMG, YES! putter.

BrisVegas
29th September 2006, 02:41 PM
BW - you're a funny SOB.

BV.

EDIT - my 5000th post!!

dc68
29th September 2006, 02:50 PM
Reenie, from the sounds of that, you may have bought a Yes, Yes OMG, YES! putter.

:smt038:smt005 :smt040

McCoy
29th September 2006, 08:18 PM
Played 10-27 at Keperra, again. Front 9 I was putting for birdie on 10,11,13,14,15,16 and 18 and made none of them. I finally made one on the 19th and my game then turned to sh_t as I celebrated my lone birdie.
Bombed the 26th green with a Wishon 321 2i hybrid, off the whites that's about 230m. Pity it was my 3rd shot as I went OOB at the first attempt.

Flowergirl
30th September 2006, 08:56 AM
Great post Bris Westy.great post.:mrgreen:

After Thursday's bad striking day I'm happy to say that yesterday I got back on track. Spent an hour on the practise range just going over the basics. Didn't focus on what I had been doing wrong - Just focused on doing it right.

Played first round Club Singles Matchplay. Had to give 10 shots. Was four up after the 13th and she conceeded. It was starting to rain and she didn't think she could beat me and she's going in for back surgery in the next few weeks and wouldn't have been able to go through to the next round if she had won.

I had a 42 on the front and bogey, par, par, bogey on the back holes we played.

Andy..........what a great score!!!!!!!!! Good luck for your next game:smt002 It happens:smt087

Flowergirl
30th September 2006, 08:58 AM
Played 10-27 at Keperra, again. Front 9 I was putting for birdie on 10,11,13,14,15,16 and 18 and made none of them. I finally made one on the 19th and my game then turned to sh_t as I celebrated my lone birdie.
Bombed the 26th green with a Wishon 321 2i hybrid, off the whites that's about 230m. Pity it was my 3rd shot as I went OOB at the first attempt.

McCoy.........do you want to have a crack at Natalie. She won't let you down.:smt002

Coffs_Hacker
30th September 2006, 10:53 AM
Single stab today for 40pts with a wipe and 2x1pts

8 fairway
8gir
30putts
2birds

Flowergirl
30th September 2006, 11:04 AM

8 fairway
8gir
30putts
2birds

Great scoring there Coffs. 40 Points is a top effort.:mrgreen:

Coffs_Hacker
30th September 2006, 11:34 AM
The great thing is I was loosing by 7shots by time i left

shazza_rs
30th September 2006, 02:35 PM
Riverlakes - 30/9/06 - Single Stab

Had 41 points (20/21). 1 wipe, 3 x 1 pointers, and 2 birdies..... gotta love that.

Actually had 6 pars on the back nine. :):)

Jarro
30th September 2006, 02:58 PM
nice scoring Shazza 8)

shazza_rs
30th September 2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks Jarro.....

Forgot to say that i picked up a NTP on the 8th. 44.5cm....:)

goughy
30th September 2006, 04:21 PM
There goes that hc again shazza. Pete must be spewing ;)

shazza_rs
30th September 2006, 05:44 PM
nup..... highest score in for the ladies was 43, then me as runner-up with 41...... CCR will be low i'm guessing.....or not change depending on how many ladies played.

might be down to 16

AndyP
30th September 2006, 06:00 PM
Some great results by those of you that can play golf......

BrisWesty
30th September 2006, 09:50 PM
2nd round of club champs at Caboolture.
Had an even 80 (39/41) for a net 66 (par 71). 10 pars, 7 bogeys, 1 double bogey. Broke 40 on the front 9 for the first time ever, including social rounds.
7 fairways, 6 GIR, 31 putts and a chip in for par on the 2nd.
Handicap has gone down from 13.7 to 12.5. (Almost an A-Grader!)
Was runner up in B-Grade for the day when I left, so who knows! I might even be leading B-Grade at the moment (on hcp, not so sure about stroke), guess I'll find out what happens tomorrow in the 3rd round.
Very excited.

AndyP
1st October 2006, 06:38 AM
Nicely played in a big comp, BW.

If yesterday was the 2nd round and today is the 3rd, when were/are the 1st and 4th rounds? And what did you shoot in the first?

Bruce
1st October 2006, 12:12 PM
There is some form starting to be displayed as we head up to the Champs.

Well done to most.

BrisWesty
1st October 2006, 12:16 PM
Last Saturday was the first round. Had a 86/72, and dropped several shots coming back.

Let's just say that today was everything that yesterday wasn't.

A couple of OOBs, a ball that disappeared in the middle of the fairway (therefore needing a reload), several 3 putts, balls laying up against sticks that couldn't be moved without moving the ball etc.

I think I was trying to push things a bit too much, and trying to steer the ball around the course. Had a 98/85, so there's my bad round done for the champs!

On a positive note, I only dropped one shot against handicap over the last 6 holes (so several of the first 12 holes were utter shockers)!

Was running 2nd on stroke and handicap ("was" being the operative word)!

Anything can happen. Only 9 over handicap overall. A decent round next Saturday can get me back in the top 8 and into the matchplay.

Ducky
1st October 2006, 03:11 PM
Not a bad end to the week (well, technically to start the week). Played individual stableford and had 43 points [gross 74]. Had 21 points [gross 38] on the front nine, and 22 points [gross 36] on the back nine. The round included two birdies and an eagle, and only one three-putt (for a total of 32 putts).

PeteyD
1st October 2006, 04:18 PM
Played in the medal yesterday, well sort of. It was the first time I have carried for 18, so my fitness is getting better. 36 Putts, 2 x 3 putts so 2 x 1 putts. Had a couple of shocking holes that add your score up in a stroke event :( (an 11 and an 8 ). Mind you my nett total was the same as one of the A graders I played with (poor bugga had a real bad day). 108 / 81.

nudgee
1st October 2006, 08:22 PM
Two rounds this weekend

Brookwater - friday - first ever par round of 72 :mrgreen: (off the Jade tees) - had a chance at a birdie on the 18th for a sub par round - curling 8 footer that never looked like going anywhere near the hole :smt087

Played Nudgee with Gaz today and had 22 points on front nine which got me thinking here we go again only to blow the easy back nine with a dissapointing 15 points - total 37 points round of 78.

It is a pity that all this good form will not be put to good use at the Ozgolf Champs this year as I cannot make them :smt087

BTW I think Gazgolf has found his groove again!!!

terryand
1st October 2006, 08:39 PM
Great shotin around Brooky Champ.

Terry.

nudgee
2nd October 2006, 05:45 AM
He sure is G69 and I think he has finally clicked with them.

Jarro
2nd October 2006, 06:06 AM
Nice shootin Jamie 8)

also nice shootin Ducky, 43 points is quite an awesome effort :smt023

Courty
2nd October 2006, 07:36 AM
Played in a stroke round yesterday afternoon which was a shotgun start :???:.
My first round with the Yes Tiffany in the bag. I struggled for distance control on the longer putts. I guess it's because the head is noticably heavier. A few more rounds and I'm sure it will be fine. Ball-striking went off the boil in the middle of the round and I hit some pretty ordinary shots, but got it back to finish with 82/75, only 3 over handicap. I left at least 3 putts out there so I'm not disappointed with the final result.

BrisVegas
2nd October 2006, 08:03 AM
Brookwater - friday - first ever par round of 72 :mrgreen: (off the Jade tees) - had a chance at a birdie on the 18th for a sub par round - curling 8 footer that never looked like going anywhere near the hole :smt087

Super scoring Jamie. You're really play well lately. Great stuff.

Are you playing Brooky on the 15th ?

McMw
2nd October 2006, 08:15 AM
76 yesterday (6 bogeys) with 2 missed birdies attempts of no more than 4-5 ft...dissapointing...

one of those rounds where the score was decent given the crappy way I was hitting the ball with my approaches...very dissapointing...

chappy1970
2nd October 2006, 10:14 AM
Second game since being soundly thrashed in the Vic Ozgolf final. Last game I played finished a disgraceful 11 down (Par Event) turned 5 down and had 6 down on the back nine.

Played Par again yesterday, in Melbourne the wind was from the North and was probably between 25-30 knots (contributed to some very long drives with the wind at my back.)

Finished 4 down, a marked improvement on 11 down and I was not at all displeased with my game.

I turned 1 down and finished 3 down on the back nine, after finishing with 3 poor outs. With that said I was very happy with the way I hit the ball from tee to green. My putter was cold all day, a clear example of this is that I missed 7 putts from inside 3 feet. That is the reason that I was happy with the game, I hit the ball of the tee as well as I have in I can't remember how long. Most of my irons were crisp and accurate and my short game finally returned.

You know it has returned when you have a 40 metre approach to a par 5, over a bunker with a howling gale at your back and you think how am I gonna stop this. Open stance, 60 degree lob wedge (TM Y cutter retail), over the pot 2 bounces and stop 2.5 feet from the hole, duly converted the birdy as well. How ever where there is wind there is also problems of stopping the ball, 17th hole (8th on front nine), into the teeth of the gale, hit a great drive straight up the guts. Left with about 90-95 mtrs in. Pull the 9 iron and plan to play my custom knock down. Green is 2 tiered with the flag at the top, knock down comes off the clubhead perfect, goes straight at the flag, hits about 5 feet from the pin, bounces once and spins back off the front of the green down the slope from the top tier. Can't win em all.

I think that I am on the improve.

Chappy

Flowergirl
2nd October 2006, 10:37 AM
Good to hear you've got your groove back Chappy!!! And well done on some great score there guys - too many of you to single out. But way to go Shazza and well done Ducky on the eagle.:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
2nd October 2006, 10:55 AM

Nice scoring Craig. New wedges go alright then??

Geez, there is some strong golf being played lately! The champs is gonna be a shootout it seems! I better pull my finger out or I won't even make my usual mid-field result...

Grunt
2nd October 2006, 01:05 PM
Not a bad end to the week (well, technically to start the week). Played individual stableford and had 43 points [gross 74]. Had 21 points [gross 38] on the front nine, and 22 points [gross 36] on the back nine. The round included two birdies and an eagle, and only one three-putt (for a total of 32 putts).

Wow how low is that handicap got now? You must have been a real burglar late last year off 15.

Grunt
2nd October 2006, 01:05 PM
Congrats to all, seems like it was a good golf week for all ozgolfers this week.

Ducky
2nd October 2006, 01:45 PM
Wow how low is that handicap got now? You must have been a real burglar late last year off 15.
I was only off 15.0 two months ago (when I first received my handicap). I'm now down to 8.3, and hoping to drop a few more strokes before the end of the year. The weather is good, the course is in good condition (we have a new greenskeeper), and there are various events coming up that should be enjoyable. Overall, I could think of no better way to spend my time.

8)

cazandpaul
2nd October 2006, 02:25 PM
38 points for Paul - 37 points for Caz - played with some friends from OS and the scores just snuck up on us - pretty relaxed type of round.

Flowergirl
2nd October 2006, 02:31 PM
38 points for Paul - 37 points for Caz - played with some friends from OS and the scores just snuck up on us - pretty relaxed type of round.

That's the way to do it isn't it!!! Well done. :)

BrisWesty
2nd October 2006, 03:50 PM
Nice work everybody.