PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast Rounds, W/E 7-8 October

AndyP
27th September 2006, 11:08 AM
Anyone interested in having a hit on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday the 7th or Sunday the 8th?

Nambour/Beerwah could be an option on the Saturday.

Nambour/Beerwah/Woodford an option on the Sunday.

If someone wants to play, I'll try to be flexible and fit in with you. Let me know.

----------------------------

Saturday, October 7, 12:00p
Bribie Island GC Monthly Medal

steverawlo 81 nett 71
AndyP 93 nett 82Sunday, October 8, 8:10a
Nambour GC, Stableford

Choppa 41pts
AndyP 32pts

steverawlo
27th September 2006, 01:13 PM
Bribie Monthly Medal on the Saturday from midday? My brother normally plays but he's pulled out. Can use the old man's cart too.

AndyP
27th September 2006, 02:09 PM
Hmmmm, what's the damage? About $15?
Bit of a drive, but that's pretty tempting.

steverawlo
27th September 2006, 06:36 PM
$24.50. I play with the same blokes each month. CCR is always pretty high as you can see in my Golflink record and you only have to shoot a couple under your handicap to win it.

AndyP
27th September 2006, 07:05 PM
Okay Steve, I'll take the spot. Thanks for the offer.

I'll balance the golf budget by playing the cheap $5 open comp at Nambour the next day then. $10 for visitors, if anyone is interested?

steverawlo
28th September 2006, 08:00 PM
Make sure you leave the 3 putts at home.......we play the snake for a shout after each nine

AndyP
28th September 2006, 08:17 PM
OK, budget amended for a shout after each nine.........

Choppa
28th September 2006, 09:35 PM
Andy I might head up to Nambour on the 8th. Dunno if I will be allowed yet, but just in case I get permission I am in.

AndyP
28th September 2006, 09:39 PM
Andy I might head up to Nambour on the 8th. Dunno if I will be allowed yet, but just in case I get permission I am in.
When will you know? They have the comp from about 10:30a I think, but can be flexible dependent on social bookings in the morning.
I've never actually played in the Sunday comp since they introduced it earlier this year. The field is generally about 20 people.

Choppa
28th September 2006, 09:52 PM
I'll ask tomorrow and let you know.
I don't mind how mig the comp is, I just wanna play.

Choppa
2nd October 2006, 09:07 AM
Ok Andy I'm there.

AndyP
2nd October 2006, 09:36 AM
Any time preference, Chops? I'm not sure what will be available, but I'll give them a ring.

Choppa
2nd October 2006, 11:02 AM
I guess as early as possible is always good. Just make a time and I'll let you know if you have to change it.

AndyP
2nd October 2006, 11:21 AM
Shall I book a cart for you as well, sir? Or you're happy for me to carry your clubs?

I'll ring and get back to you. Anyone else?

Choppa
2nd October 2006, 11:49 AM
It's up to you Andy. If you want to pay for a cart for me so you don't have to carry my clubs then that's ok.

steverawlo
2nd October 2006, 07:33 PM
Righto Andy - got our names down for 12.00 off the back nine.

The 10th - 400m+ par 4 with a fairly narrow tee shot. :smt087

AndyP
2nd October 2006, 07:39 PM
I'll see if I can break 10 on that one. Oops, I should be thinking positively.

Thanks Steve, it should be a good day.

AndyP
3rd October 2006, 01:24 PM
Sunday round at Nambour has been booked for 8:10a. Can easily call back if someone else wants in.

steverawlo
6th October 2006, 11:10 AM
Andy, are you still right for tomorrow? Don't worry about bringing a buggy, I'll have the old man's cart.

AndyP
6th October 2006, 11:21 AM
I'm keen, Steve. It's been a while since I played cart golf.

steverawlo
6th October 2006, 11:38 AM
OK - meet me at my oldies house and we'll take the cart down from there.

AndyP
8th October 2006, 04:51 PM
Saturday, October 7, 12:00p
Bribie Island GC Monthly Medal

steverawlo 81 nett 71
AndyP 93 nett 82-----------------------------

Steve hosted me at Bribie yesterday. It was a good day, despite my frustrating golf. Thanks again for the invite, Steve.

The lads he plays with play for quite a bit of money to be put on the bar afterwards. They were counting skins (front, back and total) and units for everything under the sun. As well as there being a jug on the line, if you were the last person to 3-putt (snake) in a nine.

Steve was brave enough to take me on as a partner, and he carried me on his shoulders wonderfully, ensuring he'd be in the clubhouse for quite a while spending someone else's cash.
Despite my woeful score, I did actually contibute to his winnings a little, including nailing a long birdie putt worth 3 skins just as the opponents had some hope.
Steve played pretty damn well except for choking at the end of his round, and 3-putting both 18 and 9 (I think he was just being a good host and making sure I didn't have to shout the jug for the snake).

Course was in pretty good nick, although the greens are a little so-so right now. Playing some of these longer courses really makes me wish I had a shaft in my 4 iron.

FYI it takes about 25 minutes from the Bruce Highway to Bribie Island golf course/Fairways.

AndyP
8th October 2006, 04:56 PM
Sunday, October 8, 8:10a
Nambour GC, Stableford
Choppa 41pts
AndyP 32pts---------------------

Well, Choppa has done it again and torn up a local course. We should be seeing another shot coming off that handicap this week.

The greens were cored recently and were pretty tough to putt on, but that didn't seem to affect his score. I know it cost me a few.

It was a fairly relaxing round with some friendly local members, and took us less than four hours, which was great.

Thanks for coming up, Chops, and I'll let you collect the voucher next time you play there so you can spend it.

Choppa
8th October 2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks for coming up, Chops, and I'll let you collect the voucher next time you play there so you can spend it.

hmmmm, now what will I spend that $1.37 on??

AndyP
8th October 2006, 09:21 PM
hmmmm, now what will I spend that $1.37 on?? A Wilson ball.
Or a couple of mini-tees.

BrisVegas
9th October 2006, 07:52 AM
well played Justin. You're coming into form at the right time...

steverawlo
9th October 2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks for making the effort to come to Bribie, Andy. It was a fun day and I ended up getting home with a skinfull at 7pm.

Those 3 putts killed me - I had 4 in total. FWIW I ended up with 81/71.

We beat the other blokes 5 and 4 and ended up with $70 on the bar after the game. Andy's long range birdie on 7 rubbed salt into the wound.

Plenty of sledging during the day but all in good fun. Bring on the champs!!

AndyP
9th October 2006, 10:41 AM
Saw your name in the paper for the pin on 4, and noticed that the winners for the day had one less shot than you?

Ouch!

steverawlo
9th October 2006, 01:49 PM
Actually lost A Grade on a countback. I told you the winning scores on Monthly Medal day are ordinary.