PDA

View Full Version : OZgolf weigh in centre

Onewood
21st August 2004, 07:39 AM
Carrying on from what flowergirl, started a couple of weeks ago :P but got lost :roll:

The OZgolf get fit / lose weight challenge is still on :D

Onewood, 112-105 = 7kgs :smt026

Flowergirl, ? :D

Fishman Dan
21st August 2004, 08:00 AM
Now let go of the towel rack..

:smt082

goughy
21st August 2004, 08:22 AM
I've had pneumonia for the last 4 weeks and a gastro bug the last 2 days. I've hardly been eating (especially the last few days) and how much have I lost. Zilch :?

What's the point of having a decent period of illness if I don't at least lose some weight :evil:

And what did my weight start at??? I'll let your imaginations fill that box in :roll: :wink:

Fishman Dan
21st August 2004, 08:51 AM
I've had pneumonia for the last 4 weeks and a gastro bug the last 2 days. I've hardly been eating (especially the last few days) and how much have I lost. Zilch :?

Know the feeling, a la the Tweed game i missed. I shed *something* that night, let me tell you.

On the other hand, i'm bailed up at the moment with a crook back and haven't been able to do much for about 4 weeks. Apparently about 2 weeks off another round of golf.

Now, to prevent a bad back i should lose weight, but to lose weight, i need to be mobile... :roll:

Flowergirl
21st August 2004, 08:57 AM
Hey Onewood.............7 kgs.........FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I've lost 4.2 - I've amended my 10 kgs in 10 weeks to 10kgs by Xmas. Not a cop out but in the past I have always tried to acheive too much too quick and tend to put it back on. Also the weight training I'm doing tends to put on "weight" although "fat" is lost.
REally pleased for you Onewood..............keep up the good work. Just remember that nothing you eat can taste as good as success.
What are you doing??? Watching diet?? Exercise??? Both???

goughy
21st August 2004, 11:30 AM
What are you doing??? Watching diet?? Exercise??? Both???

He's watching his diet. He's got a mirror so he can see what he looks like when he's shovelling food into his mouth. Trust me, watching that is enough to put anyone off there food. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flowergirl
21st August 2004, 12:09 PM
[quote="goughy

He's watching his diet. He's got a mirror so he can see what he looks like when he's shovelling food into his mouth. Trust me, watching that is enough to put anyone off there food. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Such a cruel cruel boy Goughy!!

jaster
21st August 2004, 01:59 PM
Well done kev 8)

AndyP
21st August 2004, 05:13 PM

Onya Kev.
:?: What's your goal?

goughy
21st August 2004, 06:12 PM
I figure his goal is now to take a few pounds off me for that comment I made :oops:

BrisVegas
21st August 2004, 07:04 PM
Way to go Kev and Flowergirl. :D Not knowing what you're starting weight was Flowergirl, you may have lost a greater percentage than Kev. 10 kgs is a hell of a lot of weight to lose. Keep up the good work! 8) For men especially, the benefits to the back and heart are well worth the sacrifice.

My wife is doing the body for life challenge and also the Men's Health competition at the moment, so I "feel your pain". She's been at it for 7 weeks and has dropped about 5 kgs. She's fanatical! Goes to the gym at elast 6 days a week and is very careful with what she's eating.

I've had to suffer through the healthier :cry: meals etc and have gotten back into the gym thing too. I've dropped a few kgs and would like to get down to 90kgs. I think the healthy weight range for my height maxes out at 90, so that's my goal.... A few years back I was around 110-112kgs when I was living in the USA. Nothing like an American diet to pack on the pounds. :roll:

Onewood
21st August 2004, 07:29 PM

Onya Kev.
:?: What's your goal?
I'm heading for 92KGS 8)

Trung
21st August 2004, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't mind putting some weight on. :oops:

I need another 5-10kg :P

AndyP
21st August 2004, 07:50 PM
I think I would like to lose about 10kg too. :oops:

Courty
21st August 2004, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't mind putting some weight on. :oops:

I need another 5-10kg :P

I've got 5-10kg to spare :shock: :roll:

I think I'm a similar height to BrisVegas (around 6'2") so my ideal weight is around 90kg. I would prefer 87-88, but I'm currently 97-98. I've always said if I break the triple digit barrier, I'll get serious about losing weight.

Jarro
22nd August 2004, 02:55 AM
I think I would like to lose about 10kg too. :oops:

I hear ya brother 8)

I think for my height (5'7") i should be around 65/70 kilos.... but that seems a bit light to me.... i'm aiming for around 75Kgs :wink:

9 kilos to go :)

Jono
22nd August 2004, 06:58 AM
Trung,

Your post reminds me of the ad where a guy wearing a T shirt with "Make my dinner" printed on it jumps in front of a group of feminists.

Picture bunch of overweight Ozgolfers with sweat bands and shorts going for a jog and Trung jumping in with a big slice of cheese cake with a T shirt saying "need to gain 5-10kg". :lol:

BrisVegas
22nd August 2004, 08:35 AM
I think I'm a similar height to BrisVegas (around 6'2") so my ideal weight is around 90kg. I would prefer 87-88, but I'm currently 97-98. I've always said if I break the triple digit barrier, I'll get serious about losing weight.

Yeah I don't even remember breaking the 100kg barrier. But when it got to 110kg, I really noticed it. :shock: I remember spending about a year getting from 110+ down to 90. I felt great at 90 and was able to run quite well. I stayed between 93-95 for 2 years months until I hurt my back, then blew out to 102 again.... Half-way back again now, at 95. The thing that annoys me is my brother, who is 6 foot and weighs around 70-75 kgs. I think we had different fathers! :oops:

Courty - if you're 6'2" (like me), I reckon 90 kgs is a good weight. I haven't been under 90kgs since I was about 21. I reckon I was too skinny back then. :wink:

Eag's
22nd August 2004, 08:57 AM
I am in the same boat as you jarro. I am 5'7 but 92kg :(
According to the weight for height scale, I should be around 70kg :shock:
I would like to get down to 85kg 8)

Good work Kev & Golfgirl for losing that much already =D> :smt023

AndyP
22nd August 2004, 11:08 AM
Me gets the feeling that our Victorian "friends" from the "other" forum would love reading this thread. :roll:

If you are interested in losing weight, doctors are good at giving you a scare. I don't think it takes too much to become "medically overweight". :(

My weight used to fluctuate all the time, so it never concerned me that much if I put on a little pudd. But I haven't had a downsize for quite some time now, so action needs to be taken. Of course, that was a New Year's resolution too. :roll:

cazandpaul
23rd August 2004, 06:25 AM
I hope we can all take inspiration from each other.

Currently 94kg - want to be 85kg.

Good for the health - can't hurt the golf :D

Flowergirl
23rd August 2004, 08:18 AM
I agree - lets keep on inspiring each other. I just had a week away with the girls and although I started off being good - it didn't last. Reading this thread this morning was just what I needed to get me back on track.
How easy it is to say _ oh well I've blown it now - why bother!!
I will get fit and I will lose weight - but I probably never will look like I did at 21!! ( I was hot then - only lukewarm now!!! - maybe just tepid on a bad day)

andylo
23rd August 2004, 08:55 AM
I am about 6 feet tall and weight 75kg... is it a good weight? :?

Jarro
23rd August 2004, 09:06 AM

shudup :evil:

:wink: :lol:

Iain
23rd August 2004, 09:42 AM
I'm 6 foot and about 102!

So I'm with Jarro.

shudup :twisted: :twisted:

But, I was 116 at about March last year, and got it down to 100 by playing golf, but am going to join a gym tomorrow to try and lose about another 15-20kg. :roll:

Jarro
23rd August 2004, 09:49 AM

.. and you wonder why we call you "unit" :roll: :lol:

Iain
23rd August 2004, 09:51 AM

.. and you wonder why we call you "unit" :roll: :lol:
:oops: :oops:

markTHEblake
23rd August 2004, 05:33 PM
Well about a year ago I topped the scales at 118kg, but since then the missus has been feeding me decent tucker and without any exercise have lost a few, and down to 109kg, and thats just about where I want it to be.

Jono
23rd August 2004, 06:01 PM
Well about a year ago I topped the scales at 118kg, but since then the missus has been feeding me decent tucker and without any exercise have lost a few, and down to 109kg, and thats just about where I want it to be.

Huh ?!#? You looked closer to 109 POUNDS to me ... :wink:

Jono
23rd August 2004, 06:08 PM
If you are interested in losing weight, doctors are good at giving you a scare. I don't think it takes too much to become "medically overweight". :(

When doctors talk about "ideal" body weight, they usually go along with the BMI chart. This is crude at best. It assumes that you are of average build for your height. Some people have bigger frames and some people have more muscle. It would probably be better to aim for a certain percentage body fat than weight. I'm 65kg now and nowhere near the shape I was in when I used to do weights at uni. Think I was around 72kg at that stage, but most certainly less percentage body fat.

But I guess weight is much easier to measure than percentage body fat.

AndyP
23rd August 2004, 10:36 PM
When doctors talk about "ideal" body weight, they usually go along with the BMI chart. This is crude at best. It assumes that you are of average build for your height. Some people have bigger frames and some people have more muscle.
That's the one. I wouldn't mind if I was just over the correct BMI, as I have a good set of shoulders. I need these shoulders to carry these large breasts of mine. :mrgreen:

Iain
24th August 2004, 07:29 AM
I need these shoulders to carry these large breasts of mine. :mrgreen:
I thought I noticed Jarro, giving you an odd look last night!!! :P :?

BrisVegas
24th August 2004, 07:43 AM
That's the one. I wouldn't mind if I was just over the correct BMI, as I have a good set of shoulders. I need these shoulders to carry these large breasts of mine. :mrgreen:

I hear ya girlfriend. :oops: :lol:

AndyP
24th August 2004, 08:01 AM
I need these shoulders to carry these large breasts of mine. :mrgreen:
I thought I noticed Jarro, giving you an odd look last night!!! :P :?
That was when I was bending forward to put my tee in the ground. I guess I shouldn't have worn a loose fitting shirt. :mrgreen:

Flowergirl
24th August 2004, 08:33 AM
You guys crack me up!!!!!! :lol:

markTHEblake
24th August 2004, 08:52 AM

Huh ?!#? You looked closer to 109 POUNDS to me ... :wink:

Oh sorry about that, I used the wrong the wrong measure, 109kg is when both my wife and I are on the scales at the same time; ie= 65 +44

65 is a great fightin weight, maybe there should be a seperate forum for us fit blokes. :wink:

Iain
24th August 2004, 09:01 AM
maybe there should be a seperate forum for us fit blokes. :wink:

Just because you are skinny, doesn't mean you are fit, string bean.... :P

Jarro
24th August 2004, 09:45 AM
just make sure the bout isn't an outdoor one Blakey ..

.. we wouldn't want to chase you around like a kite :!:

BrisVegas
24th August 2004, 10:21 AM
just make sure the bout isn't an outdoor one Blakey ..

.. we wouldn't want to chase you around like a kite :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

markTHEblake
24th August 2004, 12:03 PM

opps, sorry about the typo; i meant to say there should be another forum for YOU FAT BLOKES :D :D :D

Flowergirl
24th August 2004, 02:30 PM
Oi!!!!!!!! I'm not a Fat Bloke. Just a curvy lady. :wink:

Jarro
24th August 2004, 02:46 PM
I'm Just a curvy lady. :wink:

:smt007 =P~ :smt079 :smt110

Flowergirl
24th August 2004, 03:22 PM
Ah jarro............just the response I was hoping for. U r so good for my ego :wink:

Jarro
24th August 2004, 03:27 PM
Ah jarro............just the response I was hoping for. U r so good for my ego :wink:

my pleasure :wink:

AndyP
24th August 2004, 03:29 PM
Could you guys take your flirting and smut elsewhere please? :P

Flowergirl
24th August 2004, 04:19 PM
Flirt???? Smut???? MOI?????? :smt110 :smt112 :smt061

Iain
24th August 2004, 07:18 PM

opps, sorry about the typo; i meant to say there should be another forum for YOU FAT BLOKES :D :D :D
Do you want to test out your fighting weight versus my fighting weight, string bean, lets step outside.... [-X =; :smt014 :smt021 :smt062 :smt003

I'm not fat, I'm just big boned..... :wink:

AndyP
24th August 2004, 08:04 PM
I'm not fat, I'm festively plump.... :smt003

Iain
24th August 2004, 08:43 PM
I'm not fat, I'm festively plump.... :smt003

Xmas in July?? :?: :? :P

Onewood
27th August 2004, 03:10 PM
Friday weigh in day 8)

112 - 104 = 8kg's goooorne :D

hows everybody else going :D

amanda
27th August 2004, 05:06 PM
Good stuff onewood - keep up the excellent work (and good diet & exercise) :D

AndyP
27th August 2004, 08:58 PM
Think I might have lost about 2kg. Might have to actually start trying soon.

Onewood
27th August 2004, 09:25 PM
Good stuff onewood - keep up the excellent work (and good diet & exercise) :D

Thank you Amanda 8) But the only exercise I get is a walk around the golf course :P A Dietician once told me that this was not counted :roll: :cry: :wink: changed my Dietician:D

markTHEblake
27th August 2004, 10:43 PM

mate, you can do better than that!
I did a weigh in the other day and i have dropped another K. thats a total of 10kg goooorne.

Onewood
28th August 2004, 07:12 AM
mate, you can do better than that!

I will work harder this week now and see if I can catch you :D

Jarro
28th August 2004, 07:15 AM
Friday weigh in day 8)

What's the secret Kev :?:

Onewood
28th August 2004, 07:26 AM
What's the secret Kev :?:
Work hard and be good to your mother :wink: :D

Golfgirl
28th August 2004, 10:19 AM
Yep - time for me to join the weight loss challenge too....

Had a good look at myself the other day after not being able to get into my favourite hot pink golf shorts.... :oops: :cry:

Don't have a set of scales at the moment, but I guess I am probably nearly 88kgs, which at 5' 7" is just way too heavy. :? :shock: (Bloody cold weather down here - all I've done for the last 4 months is eat and drink.... :oops: )

I think I have probably already lost a kilo in the last three days since Matt's sacking - nothing like feeling too sick in the stomach to eat to get the process started. :roll: :lol:

Jarro
28th August 2004, 10:27 AM
I did a weigh in the other day and i have dropped another K. thats a total of 10kg goooorne.

why on earth would you want to lose 10Kgs when you only weighed 75Kgs to start with :smt017

markTHEblake
28th August 2004, 11:28 AM

why on earth would you want to lose 10Kgs when you only weighed 75Kgs to start with :smt017

Now is a good a time as any for me to make a serious comment in this thread.

Its a matter of perspective what someones right weight is, the fact remains that when I hit 75 around mid 2003 I was one fat mother around the guts, and that means I was obviously overweight for my 'stature', which is more like Ehiopan long distance runner than a 100m sprinter.

Obviously having all that fat around me is not healthy. I had a couple of bad dizzy spells that unsettled me a bit, went to the doc and he said my cholestorol was disgusting, 7.4 or so. Have a bit of history in the family with heart and cholestorel so drastic action was taken, Mcdonalds banned for ever.

The last 12 months I havent been eating like a rabbit, but rather just sensibly, and much less junk - but not total cold turkey. The cholesterol has dropped to 5.x naturally, and I hope it gets better.

I lost the 10kg without any exercise quite rapidly but its stabilised now at 64. I dont think I could lose any more without doing some running and stuff.

Now that I have got 1/3 of my health back I am now concentrating on the next 1/3 , one year of therapy to get my back right, which is quite messed up- 3 different degenerating vertabrae. A few hours after golf and I can hardly move.

Once thats sorted the last 1/3 - work on the fitness to get rid of the spare tyre, and only then is it time to work on increasing the body mass/weight.

As you obviously know, one cant convert fat into muscle!

AndyP
28th August 2004, 04:24 PM
Hang on a second...rewind...

my favourite hot pink golf shorts
:shock:

A bit of lair on the course, aye?

amanda
28th August 2004, 04:31 PM
Well, I'm on the weight gain trail. Went to the health food store today and I'm giving something called "Mass Gainer" which is a carb & protein supplement. My starting weight is 39.5kg. I'm going to start out on only 1/2 the dosage (they recommend 6 scoops of the stuff) to see how it goes.

AndyP
28th August 2004, 04:42 PM
Well, I'm on the weight gain trail. Went to the health food store today and I'm giving something called "Mass Gainer" which is a carb & protein supplement.
Just like WeightGain4000.
"Follow your dreams. You can reach your goal. I'm living proof. Beefcake! Beeeeeeffffcaaaaaaakke!" - Cartman (Southpark) :mrgreen:

amanda
28th August 2004, 04:45 PM
Yup - expect to see a more rotund Amanda @ Shellharbour in 2 weeks :D

markTHEblake
28th August 2004, 05:43 PM
I'm giving something called "Mass Gainer" which is a carb & protein supplement.

Where abouts do you want this extra weight to go ?

AFAIK this stuffs only helpfull if someone is doing intensive weight training, to increase ones muscle mass, are you?

Otherwise the Diet of Mcdonalds and other takeaways are the quickest way to gain weight, but in all the wrong places (take a look at Jarro-Homer)

amanda
29th August 2004, 06:55 AM
Where abouts do you want this extra weight to go ?

AFAIK this stuffs only helpfull if someone is doing intensive weight training, to increase ones muscle mass, are you?

Otherwise the Diet of Mcdonalds and other takeaways are the quickest way to gain weight, but in all the wrong places (take a look at Jarro-Homer)

The person at the store said that they recommend weight training so that people taking it don't get unnecessarily fat. Me on the other hand - I'd love some fat - a nice layer everywhere would be good - actually, I'd like bigger hips.

I've tried the McDonalds KFC diet - did this for 2 weeks before our wedding - ate lots of junk & no exercise - only put on 1kg :?

Jono
29th August 2004, 12:26 PM
Hmmm ... you've just given me an idea for a product, Amanda. The Wonder-Butt panties. Sort of like Wonder-bra but makes your hips and butt look bigger. Come to think of it, I don't think I'll sell many of those. :lol:

markTHEblake
29th August 2004, 01:42 PM
Me on the other hand - I'd love some fat - a nice layer everywhere would be good - actually, I'd like bigger hips.

Its kinda odd hearing a lady say that. Have you asked your husband, love handles are not necessarily cute :-)

but you know there is an easier way and you get paid $3000 to do it!

Speaking for me personally, my missus was 42k when we married, I guess she is about your height, which is just under 5ft. I am pretty sure she just passed 50k when pregnant and now sitting at 44k almost 10 years on. I must admit that I am pretty happy to have a wife that is almost 40 but still has a teenagers body. - I certainly dont want her to have bigger hips :-)
(bigger something else but not the hips)

Fishman Dan
29th August 2004, 08:18 PM
Hmmm ... you've just given me an idea for a product, Amanda. The Wonder-Butt panties. Sort of like Wonder-bra but makes your hips and butt look bigger. Come to think of it, I don't think I'll sell many of those. :lol:

That's brilliant! So when your wife/girlfriend asks "Does this dress make my arse look fat?", you can reply with - "No, it's your Wonder-Butt that makes your arse look big..."

Guarranteed to sell a couple more than 0 - and of those sold possibly ruin 100% of relationships.

990B Luva
30th August 2004, 07:53 AM
damn im edging on 5'7" and i only weigh 53kg :lol: i need about 10kgs

Flowergirl
30th August 2004, 07:55 AM
Well seeing I started this thread I thought I better report in. Didn't have a great week last week - pizza & hamburgers - but still managed to lose .6kg. As long as I lose something each week I'm happy. This way I am more likely to keep it off rather than try to lose my original 10ks in 10 weeks. If I lose 1kg a month for the next year I'll look and feel great - and won't be so hard on myself. Quick fix solutions are doomed to fail - gotta look at the big picture.
Still going to the gym 2-3 times a week and I love it.
For the record - I'd never look good in pink hot pants - wish I could - but don't think that'll happen :wink:

Courty
30th August 2004, 04:15 PM
I have lost 4 kilos in 6 days! No lies!
Want to know my secret?
Try Gastroenteritis. It's a sure thing!

Onewood
30th August 2004, 05:20 PM
Well seeing I started this thread I thought I better report in. Didn't have a great week last week - pizza & hamburgers - but still managed to lose .6kg. As long as I lose something each week I'm happy. This way I am more likely to keep it off rather than try to lose my original 10ks in 10 weeks. If I lose 1kg a month for the next year I'll look and feel great - and won't be so hard on myself. Quick fix solutions are doomed to fail - gotta look at the big picture.
Still going to the gym 2-3 times a week and I love it.
For the record - I'd never look good in pink hot pants - wish I could - but don't think that'll happen :wink:
Well done Flowergirl, 8)
I agree the slower the better with the lose, I've slowed down after the first 6/8 Kgs came off in no time :P I'll be happy with 1kg a fortnight now 8) Don't think I'm too keen on the Courty, diet :D

I think we should be the judge of the hot pink pants :D so post a pic when your ready :wink:

Golfgirl
30th August 2004, 08:46 PM
Hang on a second...rewind...

my favourite hot pink golf shorts
:shock:

A bit of lair on the course, aye?

Moi?? :wink:

(And I have a matching shirt, socks and hat - very visible across the course.... 8) )

Flowergirl
7th September 2004, 12:16 PM
Weekly report in time - I think I'm been on my program for 7 weeks - and I've lost 6kgs :lol:
How is everyone else going????? :?:

AndyP
7th September 2004, 01:22 PM
How is everyone else going????? :?:
Not that much to report here.
Trying to keep to the 10,000 steps a day program.

Flowergirl
7th September 2004, 02:04 PM
Ok I want to get in on this weight loss action.

In early 2003 i joined the local gym and concentrated on purely cardio work to lose some off my far bum and guts. Went from 91kg to 87kg before my ruptured disc in my back in Oct. Had the operation in Nov and when I returned to the gym in March I was 93kg.

Lost interest a bit and the membership expired in June.

Since then the missus has been feeding me a lot of rabbit food and I have been trying to keep off the old pizzas and zingers. Also walking home from work most days.

Re-joined a new gym last week and first night on the scales are tipping them at 88.8kg. First night I was on a treadmill and had a Kournakova lookalike in front of me. I could have rn a marathon as long as she was still in front of me.

Anyhow...looking to get down to 85kg in the short term, however will expect some of the rubber may turn to muscle and balance out....we'll see.

Keep up the good work Golfer69. Combination of cardio and weights is the best way to go. Get the heart rate up on the treadmill - then do a moderate weights session. More repetitions are best rather than trying to pump too higher weights and risking injury.

As far as diet - your best option is a low carb, low fat "diet". Cut back (as much as possible) high sugar foods, white bread, rice and pasta - especially after mid afternoon. Eat lots of lean meat, fish & chicken, fruit and veges and wholegrain cereals. Most of us eat too many carbs and not enough protein - "bad" carbs will fill you but soon make you hungry wheras lean protein will help curb those hunger pangs.

Drink lots of water at least 1.5 litres a day.

Aim for long term weight loss - not a quick fix. 1 -2 kilos a month is ideal. Of course iniatially the weight loss will be higher due to fluid loss - but this also is encouraging.

Weigh yourself once a week and if you have a "bad" day - don't worry. Just get back on track and you'll look and feel good in no time.
Good luck. :D

3oneday
7th September 2004, 02:20 PM
I'd just like to say thanks to you all, obviously it is you all who are responsible for my weight GAIN. Ever since I gave up smoking 2.5 months ago I have gone from 84.5kgs to 89.5.

At least all your weight is hoing somewhere (sorry, going :lol: ).

Maybe I should start a "getting it on" thread :shock:

Pete

Flowergirl
7th September 2004, 02:46 PM
I'd just like to say thanks to you all, obviously it is you all who are responsible for my weight GAIN. Ever since I gave up smoking 2.5 months ago I have gone from 84.5kgs to 89.5.

At least all your weight is hoing somewhere (sorry, going :lol: ).

Maybe I should start a "getting it on" thread :shock:

Pete

Well done.........that is GREAT that you have given up the fags. Any weight gain is better than been addicted to the terrible weed.
Once you feel you have beaten them you can do something about the extra few kilos. Just think of the extra years you have given yourself and all the money you will save.
Giving up cigareetes are so so hard ....so a huge big CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to you.

AndyP
25th October 2004, 12:53 PM
Just when you thought the thread had gone away.... :razz:

Had a follow up appointment with the doc today. Although the weight has not significantly decreased, she was happy with the waist loss (which she felt was more important).
I have lost 5cm off the waist in the last couple of months, but ideally need to lose at least another 9cm.

Anyone else have an update?

andylo
25th October 2004, 12:57 PM
I lost quite some weight since couple of weeks ago and I am not happy. I look into the mirror nowadays I see a dried tree branch. :cry:

AndyP
25th October 2004, 01:00 PM
I lost quite some weight since couple of weeks ago and I am not happy. I look into the mirror nowadays I see a dried tree branch. :cry:
Is there a reason you have lost this weight?
Illness?
Stress?

AndyP
25th October 2004, 01:05 PM
Next goal for me is to be able to fit into the suit this weekend. Can currently button up the strides but there is no room for "movement". And there will be movement !
I didn't realise you felt that way about horses. :shock:

Losing 5kg in two months is fine, as long as you are losing it. I think it's more about changing lifestyle to be able to maintain a lower weight, not a quick fix diet/program.

amanda
25th October 2004, 01:10 PM
I saw a doco that said that for the first few months - weight loss is mainly excess fluid in your body. Then things appear to slow down as you convert fat into muscle.

I've put on a few cms around the waist - but nothing significant - I haven't been sticking to the weight gain powder.

Courty
25th October 2004, 01:16 PM

The 8 kilos that I lost due to food poisoning has made a complete comeback. :cry:

Fishman Dan
25th October 2004, 01:43 PM

The 8 kilos that I lost due to food poisoning has made a complete comeback. :cry:

Time for another trip to the stir-fry pork take-away. Make sure it's on a Monday too, that way you can guarrantee it's the left-overs from last week.

Or the cheap-pizza at the turkish pide shop - that's a dead giveaway (double-meaning intended).

Flowergirl
25th October 2004, 02:22 PM
[quote=golfer69]Next goal for me is to be able to fit into the suit this weekend. Can currently button up the strides but there is no room for "movement". And there will be movement !
I didn't realise you felt that way about horses. :shock:

I think it's really cos he knows Mornington is pretty close to Flowergirls hometown!!!

Jarro
25th October 2004, 03:04 PM
Can currently button up the strides but there is no room for "movement". And there will be movement !

I think i'm gonna be sick :smt078

Fishman Dan
25th October 2004, 03:47 PM
I think it's really cos he knows Mornington is pretty close to Flowergirls hometown!!!

Mornington Glory? :smt017 :smt047

Choppa
25th October 2004, 09:09 PM
Have I missed something :?

Is this now the OZswingers forum :oops:

Well now I may have something to contribute :wink:

Ducky
25th October 2004, 09:31 PM
:smt078

I don't really feel sick, I just enjoy the smiley!

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).