PDA

View Full Version : SA: Sept 26th, 7am, Barossa Valley GC

DMG
4th September 2021, 04:36 PM
This is booked. 1 group only unfortunately. No carts booked, so please call and add one if you want. Sorry it's so early, but had to be that to avoid the plethora of groups coming later. Greens will not be cored before hand (so I'm told).

Booked under David Greenlees
Barossa Valley Golf Club - https://www.barossavalleygolf.com.au/contact/
Sunday 26/9
7am

In:
1. DMG
2. TC
3. BYU
4. Hatchman

Standby if spots become available:
5. HP

thecollective
4th September 2021, 04:54 PM
Available either month.

Played Compass this week and it was in superb condition, might need to check coring dates though

BobsYourUncle
5th September 2021, 06:24 PM
I'd be a chance in September, but probably not October because of club champs. Although the way I'm currently playing playing end of October will probably be wide open 🙃.

BobsYourUncle
5th September 2021, 06:28 PM
MC is always good, and I'd throw in Murray Bridge and Barossa Valley as options too. Don't we have a Glenelg member here too these days? Probably still a bit pricey though - @BVB21

Flavzz
5th September 2021, 06:32 PM
We're expecting our second child in early October so I may struggle with late Sep/Oct. I could be a gametime decision however.

BobsYourUncle
5th September 2021, 07:07 PM
We're expecting our second child in early October so I may struggle with late Sep/Oct. I could be a gametime decision however. Congratulations. Although as a father of 2 I'd say that's a good reason to try to fit a few more rounds in in September 😉

thecollective
5th September 2021, 08:18 PM
September suits me better as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flavzz
5th September 2021, 10:21 PM
Congratulations. Although as a father of 2 I'd say that's a good reason to try to fit a few more rounds in in September 😉 Thanks. I'm planning on playing Saturday and Sunday this week 😁

Hatchman
6th September 2021, 01:45 AM
I’m light pencil for a game.
Haven’t had a hit since injury during champs. Sort of itching to have a hit but life’s got a bit messy in the last few months.
Congrats on #2 on the way Flavzz

Flavzz
6th September 2021, 11:29 AM
I’m light pencil for a game.Haven’t had a hit since injury during champs. Sort of itching to have a hit but life’s got a bit messy in the last few months.Congrats on #2 on the way Flavzz Thanks mate. Not good that you haven't been out for so long. How is the wrist feeling now?

Hatchman
6th September 2021, 09:52 PM
Thanks mate. Not good that you haven't been out for so long. How is the wrist feeling now?

It seems to be ok but occasionally I'll lift or carry something and I'll get a twinge but nothing ever comes of it. I haven't swung a club and hit any balls to see what happens after repeated hits.

thecollective
6th September 2021, 10:14 PM
It seems to be ok but occasionally I'll lift or carry something and I'll get a twinge but nothing every comes of it. I haven't swung a club and hit any balls to see what happens after repeated hits.

Probably at a stage now where you can start stretching the ligaments to make them stronger

DMG
7th September 2021, 11:09 AM
I'll try and get in contact with Murray Bridge later and check on availability (that's my selfish organiser's choice), if nothing then I'll look at Compass next.

DMG
13th September 2021, 02:29 PM
Not much luck with MB or Compass.
Barossa looks to have times available on the morning of Sunday the 26th of Sept. Who would be up for that?

thecollective
13th September 2021, 07:35 PM
Haven’t played Barossa for quite sometime, so would be interested

BobsYourUncle
13th September 2021, 08:01 PM
Yeah I'm probably in

thecollective
13th September 2021, 10:31 PM
Need to check coring. I really hate sandy greens

DMG
14th September 2021, 11:44 AM
I'll check with them RE coring.

Flavzz
14th September 2021, 12:00 PM
I'll be on baby watch so will most likely not be able to be so far from home. Have a great round lads.

Hard_Pan
14th September 2021, 12:26 PM
If it's looking like a foursome Hatch has dibs on me. I'll be a pencil if he can't make it. :wink:

Congrats on the baby news Flavzz!! :D

Flavzz
14th September 2021, 02:57 PM
If it's looking like a foursome Hatch has dibs on me. I'll be a pencil if he can't make it. :wink:Congrats on the baby news Flavzz!! :D Thanks mate. RIP golf (and sleep)

thecollective
14th September 2021, 03:23 PM
If the core is > 2 weeks then all good

DMG
15th September 2021, 11:08 AM
OP updated with final booking details. Hatchy... let us know if you're in or out mate.

nadg63
15th September 2021, 07:00 PM
I'm a definite no-show for this one, other things happening.

Have fun boys.

marcel
16th September 2021, 12:18 AM
Out

thecollective
16th September 2021, 01:04 PM
Out

‘Gone beautiful piece of bowling’

Hatchman
20th September 2021, 01:30 PM
I'm in as long as I don't re-injure the wrist between today and Fri.
Started my new position at work Wednesday last week (stepped sides and down to a new role). First day I ended up filling in on a Machine all day (nothing to do with new role) and came up really sore in the wrist. Surprisingly it settled down really quick so should be ok for Sunday.

thecollective
20th September 2021, 07:45 PM
I'm in as long as I don't re-injure the wrist between today and Fri.
Started my new position at work Wednesday last week (stepped sides and down to a new role). First day I ended up filling in on a Machine all day (nothing to do with new role) and came up really sore in the wrist. Surprisingly it settled down really quick so should be ok for Sunday.

Good to hear, neighbour. Im across the road now

DMG
21st September 2021, 12:17 PM
OP updated. Thanks for confirming Hatchy... hoping all goes well for the rest of the week mate.

thecollective
21st September 2021, 02:23 PM
I have to depart straight after the round due to nieces birthday party, so no lunch plans for me sorry

DMG
21st September 2021, 02:38 PM
I have to depart straight after the round due to nieces birthday party, so no lunch plans for me sorry

With any luck it'll be my second round for the weekend, so ditto for me on leaving straight away.

thecollective
23rd September 2021, 12:48 PM
current forecast suggests 1 degree at tee off time (overnight temp).

Thermals here we come

DMG
24th September 2021, 10:17 AM
current forecast suggests 1 degree at tee off time (overnight temp).

Thermals here we come

So what you're saying is... don't bring the old school blades for this round. ;)

thecollective
24th September 2021, 10:21 AM
So what you're saying is... don't bring the old school blades for this round. ;)

Might be a bit stingy on the thin shots [emoji219]

BobsYourUncle
24th September 2021, 10:41 AM
I'm probably going to have my son, assuming he doesn't bail out between now and then. Looking forward to it.

DMG
24th September 2021, 11:41 AM
I'm probably going to have my son, assuming he doesn't bail out between now and then. Looking forward to it.

Note I haven't booked a cart... give them a buzz if you need one mate.

BobsYourUncle
24th September 2021, 11:43 AM
Yeah I know. Haven't booked it yet but planning on doing so. Have been holding off in case he changes his mind.

thecollective
26th September 2021, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the hit this morning.

Course was in excellent condition. I really enjoyed the minimal rough and the firm greens were fast and very true.

Had the pulls for most of the round but slowly started to straighten it out after a lean start to the back nine.

Must be all that offset in the zx 7 irons….

Flavzz
26th September 2021, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the hit this morning.Course was in excellent condition. I really enjoyed the minimal rough and the firm greens were fast and very true.Had the pulls for most of the round but slowly started to straighten it out after a lean start to the back nine. Must be all that offset in the zx 7 irons….Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGood to hear you guys got out today. Slight threadjack- TC How have you found the ZX7s to date? Did you try the ZX5 when you bought them? What else did you consider when you bought?

thecollective
26th September 2021, 04:44 PM
Good to hear you guys got out today. Slight threadjack- TC How have you found the ZX7s to date? Did you try the ZX5 when you bought them? What else did you consider when you bought?

The ZX-7s have been great, a better (and cheaper) iron than the jpx model Mizuno. They’re my current gamers as I have played minimal golf this year due to health issues.

Forgiveness wise they’re fine. I didn’t consider the zx 5’s but hear they are just as good. Either club is a clear winner, particularly considering the price.

I cannot see the offset that others have mentioned (hence the above tongue and cheek comment) perhaps there is a little but nothing like an eye 2 or Callaway x-20

Don’t mind the Modus shafts but prefer my Project X LZ shafts in my mp-20s. I won’t be changing them though as I’m not really that fussy with irons.

Flavzz
26th September 2021, 04:48 PM
The ZX-7s have been great, a better (and cheaper) iron than the jpx model Mizuno. They’re my current gamers as I have played minimal golf this year due to health issues.Forgiveness wise they’re fine. I didn’t consider the zx 5’s but hear they are just as good. Either club is a clear winner, particularly considering the price.I cannot see the offset that others have mentioned (hence the above tongue and cheek comment) perhaps there is a little but nothing like an eye 2 or Callaway x-20Don’t mind the Modus shafts but prefer my Project X LZ shafts in my mp-20s. I won’t be changing them though as I’m not really that fussy with irons.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Nice one. I'd like to try both the next time I'm at a range.

BobsYourUncle
26th September 2021, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the round today guys. Course was in great condition, weather was pretty good. Golf was average, my driver was very wayward. Hatchman probably had the best day out, especially given it was his first game after a long break.

Hatchman
26th September 2021, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the hit today guys. First hit since the injury during Champs in March and pleased to say all is good.
The course was in great condition and played firm and fast .
Very surprised I didn't totally chop it and I actually hit it reasonably well considering the lay off. Amazing what can happen when you try and swing a bit easier and not chase it.

DMG
27th September 2021, 12:23 PM
Ditto gents... thanks for the great company, despite the not so great golf!

Echo the thoughts on the course. Very good condition, fast and true greens. I also appreciated the minimal rough in most places. There were a few power fades (aka slices) where I was sure the ball was lost forever, but managed to spot it every time as ground level was pretty clear (suits my level of game nicely).

Nice little swing tip from TC too (thanks mate) which I'll be looking to dial in! Pretty amazing considering his use of high offset irons. ;)

Look forward to the next round.

marcel
27th September 2021, 02:34 PM
Pretty amazing considering his use of high offset irons. ;)

A disturbing development, this may have membership application consequences

Flavzz
27th September 2021, 03:54 PM
A disturbing development, this may have membership application consequences Just grind down the hosels flush with the leading edge for that zero offset look TC ;)

thecollective
27th September 2021, 09:25 PM
Is that what cool clubs do?