PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Bribie

Flowergirl
26th September 2006, 11:10 AM
I've been trying to find the best way to get from Sunshine Coast airport to Bribie Island on Thursday 26th. Our flight arrives about 6 pm. So far the best I can come up with is a transfer for $140 one way. :shock: No shuttles, buses etc are available and any taxi I've rang don't want the fare. Any ideas???? Then we need to get to Mooloolabahbahbah ( whatever) on Monday. Don't want to hire a car just to see it sit there for three days. Help!!!!!

Mandy - I've booked an extra night ( thurs) at Fairways. If anyone wants a bed on the Thursday there is a couple spare.

AndyP
26th September 2006, 11:17 AM
If you could get to Caboolture (inland from Bribie) via bus or train services, then you should be able to get a cab from there.

Flowergirl
26th September 2006, 11:26 AM
If you could get to Caboolture (inland from Bribie) via bus or train services, then you should be able to get a cab from there.

Tried that.....bus service has finished by 6 or so they told me. Something will come up. Won't it?:shock:

Grunt
26th September 2006, 11:30 AM
I thought the trains would run though. You may have to get a train into central Brisbane and another train to Caboulture. Not easy but it should be able to be done.

PeteyD
26th September 2006, 11:41 AM
Have you tried the limo services?

It is an unusal trip, and a fair distance.

AndyP
26th September 2006, 11:42 AM
Grunt, they are coming into the Sunshine Coast airport, which isn't near a train station.

FG, how about a limo? They are usually reasonably priced, aren't they? And you can do it in style.

steverawlo
26th September 2006, 12:02 PM
It would be easier from Brisbane and probably just as quick. Can you change your flights?

just
26th September 2006, 12:19 PM
Flowergirl
You could try this mob http://www.airshuttle.com.au/ but you are probably better off getting a rent a bomb.
Just

Flowergirl
26th September 2006, 12:34 PM
Flowergirl
You could try this mob http://www.airshuttle.com.au/ but you are probably better off getting a rent a bomb.
Just

I tried them..no luck.:( Looks like I'll hire a car. Probably work out cheaper and more convient in the long run. John and I are staying in Mollooloolooloolba for an extra week. Just looking for the best deals around. We hired a car last time we came up from this little private company - but I can't remember the name. :(
Thanks for the advise.....but Grant - I'm more a limo girl than a train girl:smt002 Class with a capital K

amanda
26th September 2006, 12:45 PM
I reckon car hire is the best way to go. We've hired a small Toyota Echo - which unfortuantely won't fit the 4 of us plus golf gear to get to Pacific Harbour.

You'll certainly need a car around the Sunshine Coast area - especially for the great drives into the Glass House Mountains.

Mooloolabah will be great too - lots of good restaurants - there is this place in one of the blocks on the beach - you go upstairs and they do the meanest pizza (won some award for best pizza)

Also - if you're looking for new swimming cossies, there is the best place near the surf club - thousands to choose from!

Flowergirl
26th September 2006, 01:03 PM
I reckon car hire is the best way to go. We've hired a small Toyota Echo - which unfortuantely won't fit the 4 of us plus golf gear to get to Pacific Harbour.

You'll certainly need a car around the Sunshine Coast area - especially for the great drives into the Glass House Mountains.

Mooloolabah will be great too - lots of good restaurants - there is this place in one of the blocks on the beach - you go upstairs and they do the meanest pizza (won some award for best pizza)

Also - if you're looking for new swimming cossies, there is the best place near the surf club - thousands to choose from!

Now I knwo you're pretty good with research. Who did you hire the echo through?

amanda
26th September 2006, 01:06 PM
Hmmm - let me check my paperwork at home tonight.

Grunt
26th September 2006, 02:23 PM
I tried them..no luck.:( Looks like I'll hire a car. Probably work out cheaper and more convient in the long run. John and I are staying in Mollooloolooloolba for an extra week. Just looking for the best deals around. We hired a car last time we came up from this little private company - but I can't remember the name. :(
Thanks for the advise.....but Grant - I'm more a limo girl than a train girl:smt002 Class with a capital K

Sorry I thought you guys were flying into BNE, did not realise you were going into Maroochy.

AndyP
26th September 2006, 02:56 PM
That's Augello's, my brother used to work there, across from the 'loo with a view'.

amanda
26th September 2006, 03:53 PM
Yep - that's the name of the place! Thanks AndyP :)

shavey
26th September 2006, 08:07 PM
As mentioned, Augello's is fantastic but be sure to book as they get full very quickly.

Also try Hot Pipi's on the strip which has some great food.

goughy
28th September 2006, 05:36 PM
If I was going I was gonna head up thursday arvo. Pitty 'cause I probably could have picked ya's up and gone for a drive. PIL's live at bli bli, not far from the airport. Oh well, next year (I say that every year)

amanda
28th September 2006, 05:49 PM
FG - we booked through Flight Centre and I think it is with Avis.

However, I found the cheapest to be Hertz on the web. Do you have RACV membership? There are extra discounts available if you do.

Grunt
28th September 2006, 05:55 PM
Amanda, Is RACV aligned with NRMA? Not sure if it was them or IAG (NRMA Insurance) but either has recently bought Thrifty Car Rentals.

amanda
28th September 2006, 08:31 PM
Grant - can't remember. I don't think I even got a quote from Thrifty - just checked out the online deals for Europcar, Hertz and Avis.