PDA

View Full Version : Ping G2 Driver.

Courty
20th August 2004, 04:51 PM
This afternoon at the club I saw a mate who I played B-Grade Pennants with last year. He has been a consistent 12-marker for a number of years. He told me that he has slashed his handicap to 8.5 in only a few weeks with rounds in the low 70's. He attributes all his success to the purchase of a new driver. He has got one of those new Ping G2 driver's like the one in Jaster's latest avatar. He's got the 460* version with an Aldila NV and reckons it's 'da sh*t'

McMw
20th August 2004, 04:59 PM
so if I get one, will I lop 4 shots off my hcp too??? :D

must admit, it looks nice (first decent looking ping driver!!!)
but reminds me too much of the SMT Nemesis... :?

Jarro
20th August 2004, 05:38 PM
it looks nice... not like previous Ping drivers :smt078

Courty, you sure your mate isn't just experiencing the "honeymoon period" :-k

gazgolf1
20th August 2004, 06:17 PM
saw one today at Golfworks,

certainly looks huge :shock: ,also had a putt with a Ping Doc :x ,just silly.

markTHEblake
20th August 2004, 07:20 PM
He's got the 460* version with an Aldila NV and reckons it's 'da sh*t'

amazing, he gets a top shaft that obviously suits him and he thinks its the head. typical male I suppose.

jaster
21st August 2004, 10:24 AM
Fantastic news courty, just what I wanted to hear ;)

Needless to say I already planned to have one of these in my bag within a few weeks, I am not getting the NV shaft though as I have tested both the NV75S and X versions in recent weeks and found it to be no match for the Graf Blue.
Not sure about the Pro Launch shaft though so I am going to probably get the stock ping ($100 cheaper anyway!!) shaft although may speak with Golfworks about a WRX upgrade....the best thing is that has a standard hosel so reshafting (althoug it is a .350 tip) is not going to be a pain like the previsou PINGS!! :wink:

I can see an entire bag of pings on my horizon :P

McMw
28th November 2004, 08:09 PM
yup...just had to drag the old topic up... :)

this morning, met up with a club member who was at the range practicing with his new G2 Driver, reg flex Ping shaft...

he asked me to have a hit...of coz I did....

mind you, I was swinging it bad this morning...

took a couple of waggles, and BOOM....high straight, and long enuff...
with the right loft and shaft combination, it could be AWESOME in my bag... :lol:

very impressed...tho I still HATE that crescent on the top of the head... :roll: