PDA

View Full Version : Ping Tour wedges - Any Good ????????

Pinglauncher
25th September 2006, 01:04 PM
I have had a 50* Cally X Tour in the bag for a few weeks now and just can't settle with it. Was considering a Ping Tour in black nickel finish in either 50 * or 52*. May bend to 51*

I know there are a few of you who have used / are using them so what are your thoughts ???????

Moe Norman
25th September 2006, 01:22 PM
i have a 50* arriving today if you want it.

$100

Webster
25th September 2006, 01:23 PM
They are good wedges but they wear quickly and start to look a bit shabby. The good thing is that you can custom grind the soles any way you want without and visible chrome damage.

Pinglauncher
25th September 2006, 01:27 PM
i have a 50* arriving today if you want it.

$100

What shaft Moe

Moe Norman
25th September 2006, 04:15 PM
never mind, it just arrived and its a 56*

andylo
25th September 2006, 04:25 PM
They are good wedges but they wear quickly and start to look a bit shabby. The good thing is that you can custom grind the soles any way you want without and visible chrome damage.

I thought you can only get the different grinding thru the PINGWRX (so able to not losing the chrome)??

rick3003
25th September 2006, 04:37 PM
I have had a 50* Cally X Tour in the bag for a few weeks now and just can't settle with it. Was considering a Ping Tour in black nickel finish in either 50 * or 52*. May bend to 51*

I know there are a few of you who have used / are using them so what are your thoughts ???????
Nice wedges with fairly deep grooves. The black nickel does not last at all though. I owned a set of 50/56/60 for a very short period when I was playing i5's. I found them to be more forgiving than vokeys etc.

Good luck

Falcon
25th September 2006, 05:13 PM
I haven't hit them, but i have looked at them.

Nice shape and a mate who uses them seems to get heaps of spin with these babies. Yet they don't seem to boast any type of special milling marks or grooves.

PL - I know what you mean about the X-tours...i'm trying to like them so much, but i'm gonna move on to something with less bounce. Cleveland 588's or Vokeys here i come! :D

Pinglauncher
25th September 2006, 05:23 PM
never mind, it just arrived and its a 56*

Never say Never !!!!

Shaft, flex, lie ??????

gazgolf1
25th September 2006, 05:46 PM
PL - I know what you mean about the X-tours...i'm trying to like them so much, but i'm gonna move on to something with less bounce.

Perci has had a bit of success grinding some bounce off a 60-11 X-tour wedge....saw it the other day and it does sit nice :)

Jono
25th September 2006, 06:47 PM
Perci has had a bit of success grinding some bounce off a 60-11 X-tour wedge....saw it the other day and it does sit nice :)

Perci does the grinding himself? :shock:

3oneday
25th September 2006, 08:08 PM
Perci does the grinding himself? :shock:not covered under warranty though ;)

gazgolf1
25th September 2006, 08:39 PM
Perci does the grinding himself? :shock:

yep. :)

Courty
25th September 2006, 09:04 PM
I know what you mean about the X-tours...i'm trying to like them so much, but i'm gonna move on to something with less bounce.

Funny you say that. I'm feeling the same way about my 54° X-Tour. Considering replacing it with my 56° RAC Black (& getting it bent to 54°). The 58° MD isn't going anywhere though.

gazgolf1
26th September 2006, 11:35 AM
Theres definatley not enough bounce options on the X tour wedges

Moe Norman
26th September 2006, 11:42 AM
pinglauncher

56*, black dot, Z-Z65 Stiff shaft.

$100

goughy
29th September 2006, 08:06 PM
The wrx grinds are only available pre-purchase in aus. I asked about having something done to mine but it can't be done after purchase.

First time I hit mine (60*) I opened it up and hit a flop off hard pan. Can't ask for more than that.

goughy
29th September 2006, 08:11 PM
I thought you can only get the different grinding thru the PINGWRX (so able to not losing the chrome)??

Try and find a ping iron with chrome. That's one of the reasons they are so tough. No chrome. With the blasted finish (the one you see on the i3's etc) you can send them back to ping and they get re-tumbled and finish looking like new. And that's why you don't lose the chrome in the grinding process.

The polished tour wedges and s59's are just that, polished stainless steel, not chrome finished. I'd heard some people say that the finish seemed to wear quickly, but stick them on a buffer and they looked like new.

Has anyone ever seen the polished pings one of the guys on bsg has? He has polished i3's, satin eye2's etc etc. They look fantastic. If I had the patience I'd love to try it. But the beauty of the blasted finish is that it is so durable and shows such little wear.