PDA

View Full Version : Glen McGrath back??

goughy
25th September 2006, 06:20 AM
What's the opinion? When he took the break to support his wife there seemed to be plenty of reports that he would struggle to regain his spot, form and that his career may be over. Personally I didn't agree, and have always thought of him as one of our shining lights. It doesn't seem he gets the wickets he deserves, but he hold the batsmen down that they go harder at others who then pick up the wickets.

8overs for 25runs against india and then 6 overs for 6 runs (1w, 1nb) against west indies seems pretty much to form for me.

Am I wrong, I hope not. I'd love to see him tying down batsmen again this summer and frustrating the shite out of them.

3oneday
25th September 2006, 06:58 AM
If he keeps that consistency then great, our other bowlers only do that sort of stuff every 3rd game.

Grunt
25th September 2006, 07:00 AM
What did we end up scoring in the match? I was watching it but got really bored watching Martyn & Symonds get singles. I went outside to help the grass grow, it was more interesting.

Jarro
25th September 2006, 07:05 AM
We need both McGrath and Lee to get into shape for the upcoming Ashes series. They tend to work pretty well together.

McGrath has a pretty simple bowling action that should be very repeatable, so not much chance that things will go wrong .... he only needs time back in the middle to get back into the groove again

Grunt
25th September 2006, 07:11 AM
Looks as if we have a pretty big one day squad these days too. 2 out and out pace bowlers and 4 or five all rounders yesterday. In the wings you have Hogg, Clark & others all capable to hurt the opposition.

Jarro
25th September 2006, 07:14 AM
.. good to see Watson playing well too.

I caught a few of his overs and thought he was bowling really well.