PDA

View Full Version : WDYSTM - June 2021

Hatchman
1st June 2021, 05:18 PM
Kicking the new month off.
I didn't play, still on the injury list but thinking of testing it out in the next week or so.

thecollective
1st June 2021, 05:27 PM
Kicking the new month off.
I didn't play, still on the injury list but thinking of testing it out in the next week or so.

Yeah me too, clubs have been put away since Easter, working on a few things in my life behind the scenes, physical health being the priority

backintheswing
1st June 2021, 06:19 PM
36 off 1. Left a few out there.

Dcanto
1st June 2021, 10:26 PM
36 off 1. Left a few out there. Nice one.

WBennett
2nd June 2021, 02:37 PM
Midweek medal today off the plates on a perfect Canberra winter morning.
4 doubles, 3 bogies nett 72 off 11.
DannyCallaz. Had an eagle, birdies, pars, bogies, doubles and triple. Nett 72 off 5.

That was a fun morning.

benno_r
2nd June 2021, 03:34 PM
Midweek Stableford at Maryborough

Only post the good rounds and this was the best.

4 birdies
3 bogies
11 pars
10 gir
26 putts

First ever round under par baby!

20/22 42 off 5 (-1 off the waz).

Kept it in play pretty well, and when I wasn't I took my medicine, got back into position and got up and down from all over. Putted well, 26 overall which included a stupid 3 jab on 16.

F9 is still unreal, smoking huge drives on 1, 5, 10, 12, 15, 16 and 18. Misbehaved on 8 overdrawing one into the water, but a second ball birdie limited the damage with a 5/2. Still waiting on the new irons but the old Covert Forged from years ago were lasers.

Not sure if this will drop me to lowest ever, but it will be close.

3Puttpete
2nd June 2021, 03:44 PM

4 birdies
3 bogies
11 pars
10 gir
26 putts

Kept it in play pretty well, and when I wasn't I took my medicine, got back into position and got up and down from all over. Putted well, 26 overall which included a stupid 3 jab on 16.

F9 is still unreal, smoking huge drives on 1, 5, 10, 12, 15, 16 and 18. Misbehaved on 8 overdrawing one into the water, but a second ball birdie limited the damage with a 5/2. Still waiting on the new irons but the old Covert Forged from years ago were lasers.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210602/7696c3bf2262fc5a352402e265b82adb.jpg

AndyP
2nd June 2021, 04:01 PM

4 birdies
3 bogies
11 pars
10 gir
26 putts

Oh yeah! Congratulations on the sub-par round, benno.

Dcanto
2nd June 2021, 04:08 PM
Midweek Stableford at MaryboroughOnly post the good rounds and this was the best.4 birdies3 bogies11 pars10 gir26 puttsFirst ever round under par baby!20/22 42 off 5 (-1 off the waz).Kept it in play pretty well, and when I wasn't I took my medicine, got back into position and got up and down from all over. Putted well, 26 overall which included a stupid 3 jab on 16. F9 is still unreal, smoking huge drives on 1, 5, 10, 12, 15, 16 and 18. Misbehaved on 8 overdrawing one into the water, but a second ball birdie limited the damage with a 5/2. Still waiting on the new irons but the old Covert Forged from years ago were lasers. Not sure if this will drop me to lowest ever, but it will be close. Awesome, well done, Benno.

jimandr
2nd June 2021, 05:26 PM
I can beat Benno_R. I recorded -2.

It was a par event though, and this is nett, not off the stick. Still, it was my best round for a while, so I'm fairly happy.

EDIT: I forgot to include a thing worthy of comment.

For the first time I can ever recall, in almost 50 years on the course, I got hit by a golf ball. It was a full-blooded shank from a playing partner from a 60m pitch. I didn't think I was anywhere near the playing line, and had my back turned (studying a bad lie I had), so I was struck near the shoulder blade. Obviously the ball wasn't going very quickly, and hit me in a spot where no damage was caused. But, it was the first time ever.

PerryGroves
2nd June 2021, 06:27 PM
I can beat Benno_R. I recorded -2.

It was a par event though, and this is nett, not off the stick. Still, it was my best round for a while, so I'm fairly happy.

EDIT: I forgot to include a thing worthy of comment.

For the first time I can ever recall, in almost 50 years on the course, I got hit by a golf ball. It was a full-blooded shank from a playing partner from a 60m pitch. I didn't think I was anywhere near the playing line, and had my back turned (studying a bad lie I had), so I was struck near the shoulder blade. Obviously the ball wasn't going very quickly, and hit me in a spot where no damage was caused. But, it was the first time ever.

So they said it was a shank.......but can you be sure?

markTHEblake
2nd June 2021, 07:05 PM
Well done Benno!
But i outdid you, I had:
More birdies
More GIR
More Putts
More bogies
more doubles.

You just got me by a tiny 10 stabelford points

backintheswing
2nd June 2021, 07:09 PM

4 birdies
3 bogies
11 pars
10 gir
26 putts

Not sure if this will drop me to lowest ever, but it will be close.So we all know you've been working in the pro shop. Any thoughts now of doing a traineeship and turning pro?

benno_r
2nd June 2021, 08:21 PM
So we all know you've been working in the pro shop. Any thoughts now of doing a traineeship and turning pro?

I really don't want turn to a life of booze, poverty and destitution...

Although might be a good way to meet sugar mummas if I can get a traineeship at Sanctuary Cove.

WBennett
3rd June 2021, 07:15 AM

4 birdies
3 bogies
11 pars
10 gir
26 putts

Great shooting!!!!

And to think I used to give you 8 shots. Now the tables are reversed :)

Steve57
3rd June 2021, 07:55 AM
Well played Ben!

benno_r
3rd June 2021, 03:19 PM
Great shooting!!!!

And to think I used to give you 8 shots. Now the tables are reversed :)Like I have said all along, we should always be playing off the stick... [emoji23]

Johnno
3rd June 2021, 05:42 PM
Great shooting!!!!And to think I used to give you 8 shots. Now the tables are reversed :) No doubting who owns the nickname now...

Hatchman
3rd June 2021, 08:47 PM
No doubting who owns the nickname now...

Forum Name Change to "The Real Benno"

AndyP
6th June 2021, 01:18 PM
06/06/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 6/11 effective fairways, 11/18 greens, 32 putts.
Score: PPBPPBPPP PbPPPBPPB; 37:33:70 (+2:+1:+3); stab 18:21:39pts.
Played to 5.3. Golflink: 8.2 (-0.7). SCH: 7.7 (+0.0).

After shooting my second lowest score at Wolston Park two weeks ago, I backed it up with the same score again today. Nice!

I felt today was more consistent overall, although the driver wasn't as good, it was reliable; I had a case of the slices with the longer clubs. The putting was good enough today to get the longer putts close, but not good enough to sink enough close and mid-range putts for the birdies.

Next round: Another Sunday Wolly Park round.

Courty
6th June 2021, 06:25 PM
Monthly Medal yesterday. I shot 76/73 with a double.

WBennett
6th June 2021, 06:31 PM
Monthly Medal yesterday. I shot 76/73 with a double. Playa

WBennett
6th June 2021, 06:33 PM
Medal yesterday. Dropped 8 shots to par in the last 5 holes to ruin a good round

Handicap matchplay Round 3 today. Good match, gave 11 shots headstart, and went even par through the last 8 holes to win 3 and 1.

Next rounds. 4 days of stroke at Narooma for the Seahorse Classic

Dcanto
6th June 2021, 07:24 PM
Monthly Medal yesterday. I shot 76/73 with a double. Solid work.

markTHEblake
6th June 2021, 10:46 PM
Monthly Medal yesterday. I shot 76/73 with a double. Me about the same with a double then a triple on the last just to make me feel good about the day. I am so happy.

Kelsey86
7th June 2021, 10:43 PM
Ordinary 95/76 at Wantima yesterday in the social club. Figured it'd be after shanking the first tee shot into the water on the right (started on 10). Driving was reasonable again hitting 8/14 fairways, but irons were largely rubbish. My chipping and pitching came back which was nice, and 32 putts.

This weekend is a three day trip away with some mates, playing Ballina, Byron and Murwillumbah on Fri, sat and Sun. Looking forward to it.

markTHEblake
8th June 2021, 07:55 AM
This weekend is a three day trip away with some mates, playing Ballina, Byron and Murwillumbah on Fri, sat and Sun. Looking forward to it. Bastards!

Kelsey86
8th June 2021, 08:47 AM
Bastards! Haha, it's the first one of these things they've organised that I've been able to afford to go along. They're all from my social club although a few I've known for a long time before I joined. Should be a great weekend even if I play rubbish golf 😁

markTHEblake
8th June 2021, 02:54 PM
There is a lot worse places you could be going!

jimandr
9th June 2021, 10:20 PM
I had a soul-destroying 32 points today. It was a really difficult day, cold and a three club wind at times, and for the most part I played really well. But I followed the bad shots with bad putts as well to turn possible pars into doubles.

I did, however, pick up an NTP, so I'll see if I can find that thread.

3Puttpete
9th June 2021, 11:01 PM
I had a soul-destroying 32 points today. It was a really difficult day, cold and a three club wind at times, and for the most part I played really well. But I followed the bad shots with bad putts as well to turn possible pars into doubles.

I did, however, pick up an NTP, so I'll see if I can find that thread.

32 points is soul-destroying? That’s just about a good 27 hole score

Kelsey86
11th June 2021, 04:26 PM
First leg of the golf weekend at Ballina today, shot 87 off 17, for 38 points and tied for 1st in the comp when we left. Not sure how I'll get my prize but anyway 😂
8/14 fairways, only 4 greens but 28 putts helped. Hit my irons a bit better today so I was able to get a few up and downs when I did miss greens. Pretty happy with that.

Tomorrow Byron bay but not sure how well any of us will go after tonight...

Steve57
11th June 2021, 05:59 PM
First leg of the golf weekend at Ballina today, shot 87 off 17, for 38 points and tied for 1st in the comp when we left. Not sure how I'll get my prize but anyway 😂 8/14 fairways, only 4 greens but 28 putts helped. Hit my irons a bit better today so I was able to get a few up and downs when I did miss greens. Pretty happy with that. Tomorrow Byron bay but not sure how well any of us will go after tonight... Get Jim to pick it up!

Kelsey86
11th June 2021, 06:14 PM
Ended up dropping to 7th overall in the end. Still, for never having played the course before I'm happy with how I went at my current standard.

damoocow
12th June 2021, 03:03 PM
Hole in one on the 8th at Keperra in the Saturday comp.
Rest of the round was mostly rubbish...

Courty
12th June 2021, 04:40 PM

Awesome!

AndyP
12th June 2021, 05:02 PM
Well done, Damo. I guess the rest of the round doesn't really matter.

shazza_rs
12th June 2021, 06:25 PM
Nice one Damo!

Kelsey86
12th June 2021, 07:28 PM
As expected today was absolute rubbish. 22 points playing off 20 🤣🤣 gonna have a quieter one tonight I think since I gotta drive tomorrow. Playing at Murwillumbah then home to Brisbane.

shazza_rs
12th June 2021, 08:13 PM
34 points today

Wiped the 1st and 10th holes I played…..

3Puttpete
12th June 2021, 08:18 PM

Sweet!

NewyMitch
12th June 2021, 08:59 PM
33 points in the wind today at Shortland Waters. A combo of some poor play and bring very exposed to the wind on their new holes out the back.

I managed to play myself back into the round after being on 7 points after 7 holes.

Flavzz
13th June 2021, 01:20 AM
Stableford at Stirling today. 35 points off 13 (81 off the stick) which was tied for 3rd in B grade (lost on countback). Played really well all day but limped home only scoring 1 point on the last 2 holes which really ticked me off. Encouraging signs tho and picked up another flag on the cap. Can't recall the last time I had 9 GIRs.

9 pars, 6 bogeys, 1 double, 2 wipes
9 GIR
6/13 Fwys
PPPBPPXBP (+5)
BBPPBPBDX (+9)

AndyP
13th June 2021, 12:26 PM
13/06/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 5/11 fairways, 4/18 greens, 29 putts.
Score: BBBXBPXPP PBPPXPBbP; 44:35:79 (+9:+3:+12); stab 12:18:30pts.
Played to 12.7. Golflink: 8.2 (-0.0). SCH: 8.0 (+0.3).

Well, that was garbage. I never felt comfortable over the ball until the last few holes; two much beer and not enough sleep, I guess. Most parts of the game were ordinary, but there were too many shocker shots with iron in hand approaching greens, and the short game was not the same as last week. I'm just writing this one off as a bad day, and hope things return to the new low scoring normal next week.

Next round: Waiting for a Saturday morning tee time to open up.

Dcanto
13th June 2021, 02:17 PM
Checking in for yesterday.

36 points at Half Moon Bay. Started well with 20 points on the front nine then fell in a bit of a hole through the middle of the back nine. A couple of pars over the last few holes helped avoid a total meltdown.

Highlights were the birdies on two of the par 3s, which adds $12 to my house account for our 'twos competition' - our current substitute for NTPs.

Courty
13th June 2021, 06:12 PM
Checking in for yesterday.

36 points at Half Moon Bay. Started well with 20 points on the front nine then fell in a bit of a hole through the middle of the back nine. A couple of pars over the last few holes helped avoid a total meltdown.

Highlights were the birdies on two of the par 3s, which adds $12 to my house account for our 'twos competition' - our current substitute for NTPs.

Solid score, Dave

AndyP
13th June 2021, 06:29 PM
You take 36 points any day. Well done!

chappy1970
13th June 2021, 07:47 PM
I've put my hand up to coach my youngest daughters football team and I'm really enjoying it, but it's killing most opportunities to play on a Sunday, which is my only golf day, so had my first round in 6 weeks today and it showed, 29 points including 4 wipes and 2 birdies.

First round off 8 in about 15 years, so that was something.

Like a horses first race back after a spell, I'll be better for the run

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

3Puttpete
13th June 2021, 10:26 PM
2 wipes and 3 points in the last 4 holes to finish with 31.

Kelsey86
14th June 2021, 02:37 PM
Played a bit better yesterday than Saturday, had 30 points playing off 18 at Murwillumbah. This game was just social as no comp on. My ball striking was a little better but I struggled to read the greens and ended up with 39 putts 😳. Landed in a few bunkers but didn't have much trouble getting out, actually felt confident in them. Highlight was a 292m drive, beating my previous best the day before by 3 metres.

I really enjoyed all three courses we played, and I think they're gonna make it an annual event which will be awesome.
Next round on Sunday at wolston park in the social club.

3Puttpete
14th June 2021, 04:35 PM
Played a bit better yesterday than Saturday, had 30 points playing off 18 at Murwillumbah. This game was just social as no comp on. My ball striking was a little better but I struggled to read the greens and ended up with 39 putts [emoji15]. Landed in a few bunkers but didn't have much trouble getting out, actually felt confident in them. Highlight was a 292m drive, beating my previous best the day before by 3 metres.

I really enjoyed all three courses we played, and I think they're gonna make it an annual event which will be awesome.

Where’d you stay mate?

Kelsey86
14th June 2021, 05:30 PM
Where’d you stay mate? Just in a motel in Byron. Can't remember the name of it now but was within walking distance of the main drag.

3Puttpete
14th June 2021, 05:58 PM
Just in a motel in Byron. Can't remember the name of it now but was within walking distance of the main drag.

[emoji1303]

chappy1970
14th June 2021, 06:11 PM
Better than yesterday but not by much.

33 points today, was awful off the tee, with 3 out of every 4 tee shots seeing me scramble from the trees.

A pennant stalwart for our club, Kevin Naismith, had 40 points of +2 today. Fair effort

AndyP
14th June 2021, 06:28 PM
I thought you were avoiding Wolston Park. Can you pull out a whole group, so I can get a spot in the morning, as there are no members slots available? ;)

markTHEblake
15th June 2021, 09:23 AM
Kelsey, what was the condition of Murwillumbah like? Someone told me this week its gone to the dogs

Kelsey86
15th June 2021, 04:37 PM
I thought you were avoiding Wolston Park. Can you pull out a whole group, so I can get a spot in the morning, as there are no members slots available? ;) That was howeston haha. Not the biggest fan of wolston park either but I enjoy the social club a lot so I'll go wherever they're playing.

Kelsey86
15th June 2021, 04:39 PM
Kelsey, what was the condition of Murwillumbah like? Someone told me this week its gone to the dogs There was nothing wrong with it on Sunday. Maybe a couple of small areas here and there that could be fixed up but nothing ridiculous. Tee to green was in decent condition, my only gripe was that I couldn't read the greens, but they rolled true enough.

jimandr
16th June 2021, 05:06 PM

You were in the wrong thread, although I'll admit to never having to search for the Hole In One thread.

No Holes In One, but my best game in the last 20 games today for 38 points, replacing my best flag round with a new best flag round.

Strangely, I didn't play sensationally well, but I didn't hit many bad ones, and only missed one short putt. Holing all the 3 footers helps the score a lot!

WBennett
16th June 2021, 06:30 PM
An annoying 34 points today which should have been 6 shots better.

When I checked the results, it wasn't all bad. I won a ball, a NTP worth $30, and only lost .1 so should be off 11 vs my opponent in Handicap Matchplay Semi Sunday. Accidentally nailed it 🤣

AndyP
19th June 2021, 03:15 PM
19/06/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 4/11 fairways, 2/18 greens, 32 putts.
Score: BXBBBXXBX BPBBPBBBP; 48:38:86 (+13:+6:+19); stab 7:15:22pts.
Played to 22.2. Golflink: 8.2 (-0.0). SCH: 8.0 (-0.0).

Absolute trash. If I want to score better, I at least need to look after myself better and make sure I am getting more sleep.

I didn't hit a green until the 8th, then three putted that. My first par was on the 11th, but the thing that hurt was bogeying both of the holes that I hadn't bogeyed this year. Nothing felt right, and the short game was the worst that I can remember.

Next round: I'm meant to be in Sydney next weekend, but if it gets COVID-canned, I'll look for a Sunday round.

Kelsey86
20th June 2021, 05:19 PM
I did one worse today at Wolston Park with an 87/68. Too many blowout holes either due to bad luck or poor execution. I don't like the greens there much, although I putted ok with 31, chips and pitches just skid on rather than checking up (or whatever the term is). I did have what would have been an eagle on the 7th but off the social tees just a birdie, even though the tees are practically in the same spot 🙄. Not the worst but didn't really feel like I got into any sort of rhythm today.
Next round back at Oxley on Saturday.

chappy1970
20th June 2021, 06:10 PM
9 down, what even is golf

BobsYourUncle
20th June 2021, 07:41 PM
More of a "this month" post for me. Can't put a score together at my home course, 4 rounds in a row around 78-80, with 12 doubles in those 4 rounds! Hitting it well, just compounding my errors. But at the opposite end of the spectrum I've been playing really well in pennant, 3 wins and a loss against really good opposition. A good comp round has to be around the corner...

Flavzz
20th June 2021, 08:24 PM
More of a "this month" post for me. Can't put a score together at my home course, 4 rounds in a row around 78-80, with 12 doubles in those 4 rounds! Hitting it well, just compounding my errors. But at the opposite end of the spectrum I've been playing really well in pennant, 3 wins and a loss against really good opposition. A good comp round has to be around the corner... That many doubles and still shooting 78-80 suggests you're still doing a lot of things right.

BobsYourUncle
20th June 2021, 08:26 PM
That many doubles and still shooting 78-80 suggests you're still doing a lot of things right. Yeah. Get rid of those wasted shots and I'm looking pretty good.

AndyP
20th June 2021, 10:32 PM
I did one worse today at Wolston Park with an 87/68. Too many blowout holes either due to bad luck or poor execution. I don't like the greens there much, although I putted ok with 31, chips and pitches just skid on rather than checking up (or whatever the term is). I did have what would have been an eagle on the 7th but off the social tees just a birdie, even though the tees are practically in the same spot 🙄. Not the worst but didn't really feel like I got into any sort of rhythm today. Next round back at Oxley on Saturday.The 7th is a par 4 from the social tees, which is 387m, but it is 438m from the blues. Where did you play from?Sometimes I like the greens, other times I don't. At the moment, I don't.

Kelsey86
21st June 2021, 05:46 AM
The 7th is a par 4 from the social tees, which is 387m, but it is 438m from the blues. Where did you play from?Sometimes I like the greens, other times I don't. At the moment, I don't. We played from the white tees, but I completely forgot about that tee box up behind the 6th green. My bad 😅 so for us it was a par 4. I found it relatively easy to read the greens and get my lines on target, some I left a little short but overall I enjoyed putting on them. I just hated trying to land on them.

zacdullard
21st June 2021, 03:11 PM
Had 37 points at the Glades yesterday in second comp round back.

It was good enough for 3rd in B Grade and 6th overall.

Results still not uploaded to golflink though interested to see what it does to the handicap.

jimandr
23rd June 2021, 05:09 PM
32 points from me today. Nothing special, although I started with a chip-in birdie and finished with a 30 footer for birdie. A triple for a wipe on a shot hole was the downside of the day.

My playing partner got his ball to jump over a bunker and then hole his putt for 2 a 4, then hit a good one at the next par 3 for 2 a 4, and at the last par 3 thinned one to 2 feet and 2 a 3. Three birdies on the par 3's and only one good shot on them. He won't be complaining about his bad luck for a while.

JoeS
29th June 2021, 04:06 PM
34 points.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk