PDA

View Full Version : WDYSTM - May 2021

AndyP
4th May 2021, 01:12 PM
02/05/2021, McLeod GC, White Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 5/13 fairways, 5/18 greens, 29 putts.
Score: PXBBPbPXX BBPXPBPBP; 45:40:85 (+8:+6:+14); Stab 15:16:31pts.
Played to 12.9. Golflink: 9.2 (-0.0). SCH: 8.2 (-0.0).

03/05/2021, Ashgrove GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 3/11 fairways, 3/18 greens, 29 putts.
Score: BXPPPBPBP PBXPXPPPX; 38:42:80 (+5:+8:+13); Stab 16:15:31pts.
Played to 13.0. Golflink: 9.2 (-0.0). SCH: 8.3 (+0.1).

I'm doing a great job of mixing in decent golf with absolute shit at the moment. Shit being tops, chunks, or shanks, where you gain very little from the shot. If I didn't have a decent short game, I'd be in all sorts of trouble, although the putter went cold a couple of times over these rounds too.

Next round: Nothing planned for this weekend, so I'll have to find something for myself for the weekend after.

BobsYourUncle
4th May 2021, 01:52 PM
Worked on the weekend, so snuck out for a hit in our Tuesday morning comp. Probably should've stayed home. 78/33pts with only 5 GIRs - wayward approach game is killing me. I'm getting off the tee well - had clear shots at GIRs on 16 of 18 holes. I know what I'm doing wrong (swing issue with shorter clubs), just need to work on fixing it. Chipping & putting is holding together pretty well (up & down 7 times).

PPBPPBBBB-BPbPPPPPX

Made a mess of the last (double) after getting off the bogey train on the back 9.

JoeS
4th May 2021, 03:52 PM
Played MM on Saturday, first round in a while.Rusty as and just plotted my way round.Had a couple of wipes, putting speed to blame.
81/75
Lost the medal by 1

Then today teed it up for some stableford action, horrible conditions.Cold windy and plenty wet, was going to be testing.
Putted really well, nothing crazy but made a couple of chip in birdies to help.Just did as Saturday and plotted around the course just staying out of trouble.3 par saving putts on the back 9 over 15 feet each was nice, and gave me a 36 point round.

No golf for another 2 weeks due to other commitments

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

WBennett
8th May 2021, 08:23 PM
Round 1 Handicap Matchplay.
Had to give 13 shots, won 6-9 to go 4 up at the turn and 2 over off the stick.
Lost 3 holes on the back 9 with pars to be one up with 2 to play, but made a solid par on 17 to win 2 and 1.

I had 34 points thru 17, my opponent 36 so a high quality match.

3Puttpete
8th May 2021, 10:27 PM
3 points after 4 holes and finished with 32.

Courty
8th May 2021, 10:37 PM
77/72 in the Monthly Medal today. Won the NTP on 2.

NewyMitch
9th May 2021, 06:37 AM
34 points yesterday, was not a good ballstriking day but my short game kept the score ok.

Kelsey86
9th May 2021, 10:00 PM
Played in an Ambrose today at Oxley in my social club, so not a lot to report really. As a team we shot +3. I wasn't too bad off the tee, hit some nice iron shots and some crap ones, and was reasonable with the short game. Continued my recent improvement in putting as well. Pretty hard to gauge my game properly in that format though. Back to normal golf on Saturday in the Oxley comp.

WBennett
10th May 2021, 07:38 PM
Played Royal Canberra today, shotgun start off the 9th.
Had 7 birdie attempts on the back 9 for 0 successes, but shot 38.
A 3 putt double on 3 from about 60 foot was the start of the unravelling, with similar length 3 putts from just off the green on 5, 6 and 8... Ended up with 35 points for 3rd overall. Winner had 38. Dammit, that was a cracking round thrown away.

Matt 3 Jab
15th May 2021, 04:47 PM
Choke!!!!!!

Kelsey86
16th May 2021, 02:11 AM
90/71 in the Oxley stroke comp yesterday. Didn't start well being +7 after 5 holes which included two pars, but got it somewhat under control after that. Couldn't putt for shyte with 21 on the front 9 but figured it out better on the back with 15. For once I didn't fall off a cliff towards the end, and played the back 9 at +5. 7/14 fairways, only 4 greens. Ended up finishing 9th overall which I'm happy with being the first stroke event I've played there.
Gailes next Sunday with the social club.

AndyP
16th May 2021, 08:27 PM
16/05/2021, Mount Warren Park GC, White Tees, Social with A-Lo.

Stats: 5/13 fairways, 5/18 greens, 29 putts.
Score: BbBPPPBBX BBPBBPbPB; 41:40:80 (+5:+4:+9).
Played to 10.9. Golflink: 9.2 (N/A). SCH: 8.3 (-0.0).

Some improvement from the last couple of showings today, particularly off the tee. Lost shots were from a few pulls, a shank into water, and some rushed putts, but overall the ball striking was fairly consistent, without ever feeling like I was on.

Next round: Wolly Park on Sunday morning.

Courty
18th May 2021, 04:05 PM
Cairns Open on the weekend...

Saturday 79/74
+7 on 11th, 12th & 13th (3-jack, OOB & hazard). Even par for the other 15 holes. :roll:

Sunday 75/70
3 bogies, 15 pars,

Good enough for 3rd nett on Sunday, and 2nd nett overall. The pro shop account is flush again! :mrgreen:

Dcanto
18th May 2021, 04:30 PM
Cairns Open on the weekend...Saturday 79/74 +7 on 11th, 12th & 13th (3-jack, OOB & hazard). Even par for the other 15 holes. :roll:Sunday 75/703 bogies, 15 pars,Good enough for 3rd nett on Sunday, and 2nd nett overall. The pro shop account is flush again! :mrgreen: Well done, Courty. You'll be popular in the CoC calcutta.

BUSHY
18th May 2021, 07:23 PM
The pro shop account is flush again! :mrgreen:

More shoes Imelda?

Courty
18th May 2021, 09:37 PM
More shoes Imelda?

You know me too well. :lol:

BUSHY
19th May 2021, 07:09 AM
Cairns Open over the Weekend.

Saturday I was cruising under Par until a triple on a par 3 semi derailed me. I held it together until the true derailment came on 12 >> +7 on the last 7 holes for 82
Sunday was much the same and this time it was a quad that did the damage. Stayed out of Courty's way knocking it around for an 83.

Hopefully the 4BBB Champs this weekend I'll be better.

markTHEblake
19th May 2021, 08:16 AM
Nice shooting County. Must be tough concentrating with all the distractions going on, swearing, shanking and club slamming.

AndyP
19th May 2021, 02:46 PM
Good consistent weekend, Courty.

AndyP
23rd May 2021, 01:13 PM
23/05/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 6/11 fairways, 10/18 greens, 31 putts.
Score (https://dashboard.arccosgolf.com/rounds/7329236/scorecard): BBbBXPPbP PPPPPPPPP; 38:32:70 (+3:E:+3); Stab 17:22:39pts.
Played to 5.3. Golflink: 8.6 (-0.6). SCH: 7.7 (-0.6).

Every round I turn up and think that it will be the one where everything comes together for a good score. Wolly Park only gives me 6 shots, so a scrappy start makes me feel like I am playing catch up. Once I missed a tap in on the 5th for a double bogey to move to 4 over, I figured it was going to be yet another wasted round.

I didn't have another bogey for the rest of the round. It was one thing to stay bogey free for the easier holes, but to par the last three (indexes 6, 1, 2), while knowing that I was on a streak was really pleasing.

That was a nice way to start my second stint of membership at Wolston.

Next round: Wolston Park Stroke on Saturday.

BUSHY
23rd May 2021, 04:00 PM
Hopefully the 4BBB Champs this weekend I'll be better.

Nope.

I am a complete retard.

84/80
86/82

Lucky my partner knows something about the game. Finished mid-pack off the back of his play.

shazza_rs
23rd May 2021, 04:31 PM
40 points Saturday

Pennant win 3/2 today. Team won 5-0

BUSHY
23rd May 2021, 04:48 PM
40 points Saturday

I wanna be like you Shazza!! Well played.

shazza_rs
23rd May 2021, 06:08 PM
It’s been a long time coming. I’ve been in such shit form for ages. Was even soft capped. It’s nice to hit a purple patch

3Puttpete
23rd May 2021, 06:44 PM
Nope.

I am a complete retard.

84/80
86/82

Lucky my partner knows something about the game. Finished mid-pack off the back of his play.

40 points Saturday

This was an emotional roller coaster

Kelsey86
24th May 2021, 08:01 AM
96/77 at Gailes in my social club yesterday,for 32 points. I haven't played there a whole lot despite it being close by, first round under 100 there 😳 however I'll be playing in some comp days there and possibly McLeod as well just to mix it up a bit.

I drove the ball pretty well hitting 9/14 fairways and a couple of others still in reasonable position. Just couldn't capitalise on it only hitting two greens, but I'm happy that I'm at least putting myself in good position off the tee more than I used to. My pitching and chipping was off as well with quite a few duffed. 32 putts wasn't too bad.

The par 5 18th somewhat summed up the day. Hit a nice drive down the fairway, a 5 wood that finished a few metres short of the green then duffed a chip that could have resulted in a birdie. I ended up with par in the end, hopefully on Saturday I'll have my short game back to normal again.

Courty
24th May 2021, 04:22 PM
4BBB (Stroke) Champs with Bushy on the weekend.

We coordinated poorly on the first day to finish with 74/70, but pulled it back to something respectable with 70/66 on Sunday.

Individually I continued my recent run of good form, shooting 75 & 76 (with a triple!).

JoeS
25th May 2021, 09:40 PM
Been a while between rounds, so had a hit today.Never good when you open with a par, 25 points for the day

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jimandr
26th May 2021, 05:55 PM
First game for a month for me today, and it showed. 29 points, and shot after shot thrown away around the greens.

My distance control was awful as well. If I was 70 metres out I hit it either 85m or 55m, and then stuffed up the chip.

BobsYourUncle
27th May 2021, 12:24 PM
First round under my handicap in over two months this morning, which was nice.

BbPPPXbBP-PPPbBbBPP 73/38pts

3 putted 6 & 16, poor tee shot cost me on 1 & 14.

Hatchman
27th May 2021, 01:58 PM
First round under my handicap in over two months this morning, which was nice.

BbPPPXbBP-PPPbBbBPP 73/38pts

3 putted 6 & 16, poor tee shot cost me on 1 & 14.

Nice round, could have been great without the 3 jiggles

NewyMitch
29th May 2021, 07:07 AM
32 points this week including 4 wipes. A bit of a disappointing end to the round, I have got myself back to square with 2 holes to go and I promptly wiped both of them.

In general my game is feeling pretty solid but a couple of big blocks with the driver hurt.

Kelsey86
29th May 2021, 01:37 PM
33 points at Oxley today. Nothing really worked well, I'd have two or three good holes then a blowout or two. I did play better on the back 9 but overall nothing to write home about.

zacdullard
29th May 2021, 04:23 PM
I have got the golf bug back in a major way after about 10 years away from the game.

Stupidly played Brookwater for the first round back and struggled for an 109 after not hitting a single fairway.

After a few more range sessions I managed an 85 at caboolture last week which I was very pleased with.

Handicap is at 17.6 which I got after a short lived return at the start of last year so it'll be interesting to see how I go playing to it over the coming months.

AndyP
29th May 2021, 08:20 PM
Welcome back to golf and OZgolf, Zac.

shazza_rs
29th May 2021, 09:20 PM
90/75

Lots of crap in there but did string a few nice holes together on the back nine.

4hr and 42 mins did my bloody head in considering we turned in under 2 hours 🙄

AndyP
30th May 2021, 10:03 AM
29/05/2021, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees, Stroke.

Stats: 4/11 fairways, 8/18 greens, 31 putts.
Score: XPBPPPBXP PXPPBPPXP; 41:37:78 (+6:+5:+11).
Played to 12.0. Golflink: 8.9 (+0.3). SCH: 7.7 (-0.0).

This was the final round of the club championships, which I hadn't been playing, so the tees were as far back as they could go, and the pins were in nasty positions.

After my best round with the driver last week, it went back to being ordinary yesterday, and dragged my score down with it. I did have a few good hits with it, and I think I figured it out on the last, but we'll see.

Plenty of greens hit, but with the tough hole positions, I was constantly left with downhill putts that I had to be careful with, and while I was putting them close, I couldn't get any to drop. I needed some birdies to counter the four crappy doubles made.

Next round: Wolston Park Stableford on Sunday.

WBennett
31st May 2021, 04:11 PM
Shoalhaven Heads Open.

First up, it's a ripping little course. Greens are pure and fast.

Fairways are mint, just a couple of tees need to be returfed but struggle with no sunlight.

Unfortunately, as the 2nd last group, our round took 5 hours and 10 minutes, and we played the last three holes after sunset.

18 was fun, hitting blind tee shots, finding it, then aiming at the green which was visible from clubhouse lights 50m away. I blame the darkness and dropping 9 shots to par in the last four for my score

Great event, great track. But if I play it again, I am getting an early tee time.

Dcanto
31st May 2021, 08:43 PM
Half Moon Bay Open two day event on the weekend.

88 / 77 (par 70) Saturday and 87 / 76 on Sunday. Not playing for a month prior to two rounds of stroke wasn't ideal preparation but I had some good stretches of play. It was just that when I had a bad hole I really messed it up. The greens running much quicker than usual also added to the fun.

The course is in good shape at the moment, despite the recent wet weather.

MAZA68
31st May 2021, 09:53 PM
Shoalhaven Heads Open.

First up, it's a ripping little course. Greens are pure and fast.

Fairways are mint, just a couple of tees need to be returfed but struggle with no sunlight.

Unfortunately, as the 2nd last group, our round took 5 hours and 10 minutes, and we played the last three holes after sunset.

18 was fun, hitting blind tee shots, finding it, then aiming at the green which was visible from clubhouse lights 50m away. I blame the darkness and dropping 9 shots to par in the last four for my score

Great event, great track. But if I play it again, I am getting an early tee time.

Awesome course, how big are some of those greens. Lots of volunteer work keeps it in good shape.

WBennett
1st June 2021, 08:14 AM
Awesome course, how big are some of those greens. Lots of volunteer work keeps it in good shape.

It was only my second round there, but it won't be my last. I really enjoy playing there, and the way it changes direction, bringing the wind into play makes it a great challenge.

LeftyHoges
1st June 2021, 07:44 PM
Not one to comment in these a hell of a lot, but by **** it was so, SO nice to have a decent score on the back of some decent play on Saturday.

It's no secret I'm struggling BADLY with form at the moment, and have had some rounds with decent scores while still hitting it like shit, and some shit scores while hitting it semi-decent, so to hit it semi-decent and score well was really nice.

An even par 72 for 40 points (sadly giving up a soft bogey on 17), but I hit driver well, and didn't miss a single putt that I shouldn't have (a hell of an achievement in itself). Irons still have a lot of work to do, but new ones are on the way anyway, so **** the Mizzies.

A crisp 4i to 1.28m on the 210m 14th the highlight.

72-4-68 (40 pts)
3 birdies, 3 bogeys (all three extremely soft, sadly), 12 pars
11/14 effective tee shots
9/18 GIR
26 putts
3/4 sand saves
4/6 up n downs

Cap reduction from 4.3 to 3.6

I'm in no way assuming the slump is over and fairly sure this is a "stopped clock is right twice a day" situation, but **** me it was so nice to not walk off the course wanting to stab myself in the eyes with a broken shaft (which was regularly supplied by myself at some point during my recent rounds...)

Dcanto
1st June 2021, 10:25 PM
Not one to comment in these a hell of a lot, but by **** it was so, SO nice to have a decent score on the back of some decent play on Saturday.It's no secret I'm struggling BADLY with form at the moment, and have had some rounds with decent scores while still hitting it like shit, and some shit scores while hitting it semi-decent, so to hit it semi-decent and score well was really nice.An even par 72 for 40 points (sadly giving up a soft bogey on 17), but I hit driver well, and didn't miss a single putt that I shouldn't have (a hell of an achievement in itself). Irons still have a lot of work to do, but new ones are on the way anyway, so **** the Mizzies.A crisp 4i to 1.28m on the 210m 14th the highlight.72-4-68 (40 pts)3 birdies, 3 bogeys (all three extremely soft, sadly), 12 pars11/14 effective tee shots9/18 GIR26 putts3/4 sand saves4/6 up n downsCap reduction from 4.3 to 3.6I'm in no way assuming the slump is over and fairly sure this is a "stopped clock is right twice a day" situation, but **** me it was so nice to not walk off the course wanting to stab myself in the eyes with a broken shaft (which was regularly supplied by myself at some point during my recent rounds...) Well done Lefty, and good to hear no shafts were harmed during the round. 😁

3Puttpete
2nd June 2021, 08:11 AM
Not one to comment in these a hell of a lot, but by **** it was so, SO nice to have a decent score on the back of some decent play on Saturday.

It's no secret I'm struggling BADLY with form at the moment, and have had some rounds with decent scores while still hitting it like shit, and some shit scores while hitting it semi-decent, so to hit it semi-decent and score well was really nice.

An even par 72 for 40 points (sadly giving up a soft bogey on 17), but I hit driver well, and didn't miss a single putt that I shouldn't have (a hell of an achievement in itself). Irons still have a lot of work to do, but new ones are on the way anyway, so **** the Mizzies.

A crisp 4i to 1.28m on the 210m 14th the highlight.

72-4-68 (40 pts)
3 birdies, 3 bogeys (all three extremely soft, sadly), 12 pars
11/14 effective tee shots
9/18 GIR
26 putts
3/4 sand saves
4/6 up n downs

Cap reduction from 4.3 to 3.6

I'm in no way assuming the slump is over and fairly sure this is a "stopped clock is right twice a day" situation, but **** me it was so nice to not walk off the course wanting to stab myself in the eyes with a broken shaft (which was regularly supplied by myself at some point during my recent rounds...)

As long as you had fun.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2021, 06:21 PM
I wanna be like you Shazza!! Well played. Just swear a lot, hit pull shots into overhanging trees, and say get effed blakey and you got it

LeftyHoges
2nd June 2021, 08:37 PM
Well done Lefty, and good to hear no shafts were harmed during the round. [emoji16]Thanks Dave, but they still went very close a couple of times....
As long as you had fun.No one said anything about fun. Specifically not mentioned.

WBennett
3rd June 2021, 07:14 AM
No one said anything about fun. Specifically not mentioned.

You have conquered the game. Now do it with 11 clubs.