PDA

View Full Version : Garmin G80

Bitter
27th April 2021, 08:48 PM
Anyone happen to have the new Garmin Approach G80 GPS with Launch Monitor?

I’m tempted to buy one but really want to know if my home track is on it? I’ve emailed Garmin and all they could tell me is once I buy it I “should” be able to find my course on there.

I’m not ready to drop $700+ based on a should answer so hoping someone may have one and can search for me.

exmrblonde
27th April 2021, 08:51 PM
Which course Bitter ?
Don’t own one, but can find out pretty quickly.

markTHEblake
27th April 2021, 08:52 PM
it will be the same database as any garmin device. download the Garmin golf app (free) and click Play and search for your course.

Bitter
27th April 2021, 08:53 PM
Which course Bitter ?
Don’t own one, but can find out pretty quickly.

Kooindah Waters

Bitter
27th April 2021, 08:55 PM
it will be the same database as any garmin device. download the Garmin golf app (free) and click Play and search for your course.

Cheers, the concern I have is that I read the approach is different to their other devices and not as up to date with courses.

exmrblonde
27th April 2021, 09:01 PM
It’s on there.
Just checked it for me.

Bitter
27th April 2021, 09:12 PM
It’s on there.
Just checked it for me.

Legend thank you.

markTHEblake
27th April 2021, 10:16 PM
Cheers, the concern I have is that I read the approach is different to their other devices and not as up to date with courses.

i will admit that Garmins shot tracking and statistics platform is woeful, and seems they have no interest in improving that as it hasnt changed for years. its like a kid made it.
i hope what you read means they are building something new, and that eventually all the products will get to use it

doesnt make sense that they would have a different course database, that would cost money. and from memory there is some commercial mapping company that maintains golf databases and most of the application providers get their data from them.