PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 18th September

Grunt
19th September 2006, 12:12 PM
Me being the first to post here yet again, must mean things are back to normal. :)

Played Ashlar this morning
35 points
6/13 Fairways
5 GIR
42 putts :( 6 X 3 putts

Was one of those days, I really did not play that poorly, just forgot to eat my weet-bix and left putts short all day. Greens looked faster than they were and I could not get my head around it. Take out the 3 putts and there is a great score.
The fairways I missed were not far off but they were missed fairways, Same goes for the missed GIR. With all the misses I still played a whole lot better than a few months ago the misses are on by a few feet. A couple of the missed GIR's were wrong club selection (1 club Long) and that is being caused by me hitting the ball further now I am hitting it sweeter.

Oh well maybe next week I will be able to play just as good as it was a quite enjoyable day.

McMw
19th September 2006, 02:17 PM
42 putts for 35 points???

Grunt
19th September 2006, 02:36 PM
Yep Mau it was that bad, but could have been soooo good, oh well thats golf.

cazandpaul
20th September 2006, 04:22 AM
Grunt - remember the old saying 'if your aunty had b...s she'd be your uncle'.

One day it will all come together.

Flowergirl
20th September 2006, 05:49 AM
Grunt - remember the old saying 'if your aunty had b...s she'd be your uncle'.

One day it will all come together.

So are you saying you gotta forget about the "if onlys". THat's what I've been thinking after reading Grant's game reports. And not being harsh cos that's exactly what I've been like. If only I didn't hit into those trees, if only I didn't muck up those lob shots.
But the "if only's" are the difference between a high handicapper and a low handicapper aren't they? I think I'm getting this now. Accept the reality and work on those weaknesses and forget the "if onlys"

just
20th September 2006, 11:59 AM
Played for another card for my handicap at Nudgee. Got an even 100. Pretty happy overall as this is 29 strokes better than my last round at Pacific Harbour a month ago. I have been taking lessons and I think they are paying off. I had 3 pars and 5/6 bogeys (can't quite remember) but when I blew up I blew up-I had about 3 8's. Now that I am getting a better swing through lessons, I now need to work on my putting-I think I had an extra 7-8 strokes through bad putts.

Just

PeteyD
20th September 2006, 12:23 PM
Good to see improvement Just. Feels great doesn't it!

AndyP
20th September 2006, 12:29 PM
Well done, just. How are those topped shots going?

just
20th September 2006, 12:37 PM
Andy
Thats one of the things I am working on with the lessons. I have been hitting shots thin/topping them because I have a tendency to straighten my legs during the backswing/foreswing. Anyway I only had about 4 (and only one off the tee) for the day.
PeteyD
It feels great to finally start getting somewhere.
Just

Bruce
20th September 2006, 01:47 PM
A pleasing 39 points around Eaglehawk this morning.

2 wipes on 6 and 7 and then started doing that breathing thing Mrs Pampling was suggesting. Immediately birdied the 8th and then lit it up from then on. 23 on the back 9 and thinking about it I think I had 30 points over the last 11.

Probably only fit in 1 more comp round before the champs. I will stay a contender for the Vardon.

dc68
20th September 2006, 02:47 PM
Stop promoting the "breathing thing." Breathing is over rated!

Flowergirl
20th September 2006, 08:28 PM
Woo hoo. Well done BRuce. Glad to see you're back in form:-D

Stroke today. 88 gross - 72 nett. Played pretty well. Parred or birdied all the par 3's. Stuffed up the 18th. Par 4 - I had an 8!!!!!!! CCR was 69.:evil: So lost .1

First prize today was a cosmetics pack worth a couple of hundred $ - so everyone came up with the good game. Got a nice NTP.:mrgreen:

Qualified for the Singles matchplay elimination. Would be nice to follow up the doubles win with the Single crown. Bit of an ask. Have to give the first round girl 10 shots - but hey - done it before and I can do it again.:mrgreen:

cazandpaul
21st September 2006, 04:23 AM
Single stroke off the blues net 71 yesterday - overall putted nicely but two 3 putts hurt (bad chips put me in the wrong position on the green) - good for a ball.

Grunt
21st September 2006, 06:11 PM
Me being the first to post here yet again, must mean things are back to normal. :)

Played Ashlar this morning
35 points
6/13 Fairways
5 GIR
42 putts :( 6 X 3 putts

Was one of those days, I really did not play that poorly, just forgot to eat my weet-bix and left putts short all day. Greens looked faster than they were and I could not get my head around it. Take out the 3 putts and there is a great score.
The fairways I missed were not far off but they were missed fairways, Same goes for the missed GIR. With all the misses I still played a whole lot better than a few months ago the misses are on by a few feet. A couple of the missed GIR's were wrong club selection (1 club Long) and that is being caused by me hitting the ball further now I am hitting it sweeter.

Oh well maybe next week I will be able to play just as good as it was a quite enjoyable day.

Woo Hoo, Mate just rang me and we won the 2B for the day with 45 points :-D Another 2B win, 2nd in less than a month.

peter_rs
23rd September 2006, 05:21 PM
Played the holden scramble with shazza & alo at riverlakes today.

55 1/2 with a hcp 9.5 we missed out on the win by 1 (bogie the last) and qualifying by 1/6.

It was ok, I played like sh1t. Alo was on fire and sinking putts from everywhere. Shazza had to play a couple holes on her own.

congrats to keza on the win.

Keza_G
23rd September 2006, 05:53 PM
Played the Riverlakes Scamble..

Hit the ball decent for once... My team hot 10 under with a 5.5 hcp... we won by 2/3 of a shot....

Thanks to Pete, shazzy and alo for their company today...

Courty
23rd September 2006, 09:24 PM
Played the 2nd round of the 4BBB Champs today. I don't think 71 will get us a prize. :roll:

PeteyD
24th September 2006, 05:17 AM
Played a socail round at the Palms yesterday. Lotsa fun and not too serious about the golf, but shot my handicap when added up. Although I put down a 9 on a hole where we went silly trying to carry a 200m drive over water! hehe

BrisVegas
24th September 2006, 08:58 AM
Played Robina Woods yesterday with 69, poidda and shavey. Hit the ball ok, tee to green, but didn't make any putts. Left a few out there, so the saying goes. 30 points.

Had a good bet going with me & poidda (8 & 11) versus shavey & 69 (8 & 11). We lost the front 9 after I failed to two-putt for a half on the 9th hole from 15 feet!!! Then we were all square for the back 9 coming down the 18th. Shave shanked his lay up iron shot, 69 pull-hooked his approach over onto the putting green, poidda hit his apprach into the beer garden.,,, but my regulation par was good enough for the win. Lucky too, as I didn't have any money on me to pay up the possible $15 loss.... Had visions of Trevino playing for more money than you have in your pocket..

steverawlo
24th September 2006, 09:52 AM
Snuck in a hit at Bribie yesterday. 38pts should see me down to single figures for the first time in 10 years. Left a few out there too.

I've got a funny feeling that by the time the champs come around we might be playing on cored greens. I'll see what I can find out.

goughy
24th September 2006, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty sure someone checked the green reno dates for bribie. But who really knows.

Pinglauncher
24th September 2006, 03:53 PM
36 points today in what I could only describe as near hurricane winds. Have never played in anything approaching winds of this strength.

Nathan had 33 points. He missed 3 or 4 putts from inside 3' where he was basically blown over by a wind gust. I was ready to tie a rope around his waist so I didn't lose him.

BrisWesty
24th September 2006, 06:00 PM
First round of club champs yesterday at Caboolture. Took my girls around in the cart with me, as I couldn't get a sitter. They were pretty well behaved. One of my playing partners seemed a bit upset with it all, and backed away from his shots several times, but the other guy playing with us had a nett 64 - and is leading C-Grade, so they obviously weren't any distraction to him.

Was 3 under handicap (par 71) with 3 holes to go, and dropped 4 shots against it to finish with a nett 72 (86). A lot of fun but 5 double bogeys and a triple bogey didn't help my score. (I've never played the 9th at Caboolture via the 11th - 2 fairways left for the uninitiated - but escaped with a double bogey.) Got a nearest the pin and a ball in the run down, so reasonably happy. 7 shots behind the leader in B-Grade, 6 shots back on handicap - running = 9th

AndyP
24th September 2006, 07:42 PM
24/09/06, Keperra CGC, Hackers Social

Score 46-49-95 nett 84

Didn't play that bad, but certainly didn't play good either. Couldn't better bogey for most of the round, never really got into enjoying the round, then just gave it away. My only par, and only birdie came on our 16th and 17th holes.

Better fire myself up for golf by the end of the week, then I can have my now routine break.

Next round: 29/09/06, Nudgee GC, OZgolf Matchplay

McMw
24th September 2006, 11:32 PM
shot 72 this afternoon in really stinky conditions...
started with a bird, finished with a bird, and threw in 4 bogeys in btw...
one of which was a crapper...10 ft for bird on 12th par3...and missed the comeback 2-footer... :evil:

dc68
26th September 2006, 10:44 AM
Had monthly medal on saturday had 76/71 with bogies on 4 of (14-17) the last 5 holes:shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: .............grrrrr nett 70 won and I got done on c/b for r/u.

PeteyD
26th September 2006, 11:07 AM
Bugga DC

dc68
26th September 2006, 01:52 PM
more like choker