PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Lawn mower (2 stroke)

andylo
19th September 2006, 12:35 PM
Anyone want to off load theirs?

Need to be in good condition and easy to maintain.

Thanks

dc68
19th September 2006, 12:40 PM
Thought you were a 2 stroke Alo.

BrisVegas
19th September 2006, 01:00 PM
why 2 stroke?? you like power band?

I got a Victa 4 stroke that hasn't missed a beat in 3 years. Was around $450 brand new at Kmart.

Jarro
19th September 2006, 01:01 PM
Get a cylinder mower so you can make your lawn into a putting green :mrgreen:

Flowergirl
19th September 2006, 01:30 PM
Get a lawn mowing man to do it for you. Much better option.:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
19th September 2006, 01:49 PM
yeah good idea. i'll do it for ya andy. How about a dozen ProV1's each visit...

andylo
19th September 2006, 01:58 PM
I will give you 2 dozen water ProV1 per visit ;)

PeteyD
19th September 2006, 01:59 PM
wtf is a water proV1

BrisVegas
19th September 2006, 02:08 PM
I will give you 2 dozen water ProV1 per visit ;)

what condition?? They gotta be AAA....

andylo
19th September 2006, 02:19 PM
CCC :p LOL

markTHEblake
19th September 2006, 08:23 PM
Andy, get a push cylinder mower. Costs nothing to run, cuts the lawn better than a motor mower, and it will keep Christine fit and give her something to do while your playing golf.

Jarro
20th September 2006, 07:54 AM
.. only problem with that Blakey is the endless adjusting of cutting blades and stuff ... it's a real pain in the arse :twisted:

.. that's why i gave away my cylinder mower. They do a great job on your lawn, but are so fiddly to setup it's not funny

BrisVegas
20th September 2006, 08:26 AM
Andy, get a push cylinder mower. Costs nothing to run, cuts the lawn better than a motor mower, and it will keep Christine fit and give her something to do while your playing golf.

Funnily enough, the lady next door was trying to cut her front lawn yesterday with one of those push cylinder mowers (non-motorised). Didn't seem to be doing much good. In the end I went over and cut it for her with my proper mower and she was amazed at how much better it looked. The cylinder thingy just seemed to compress the lawn down and put little corrugations in the grass. She borrowed my mower to do her back yard and is now in the market for a Victa 4-stroke!

Courty
20th September 2006, 08:54 AM
I've got a Victa 4-stroke mulcher mower. You can swap the catcher for the mulching attachment, which chops the grass up extremely fine then blows it back into the lawn to help thicken it. Although it seems to me like the grass is completely vapourised as I can't find any sign of it after I've mowed. :shock:

Trung
20th September 2006, 08:57 AM
ALO,

hang on a sec...

are you mowing the lawn

or

Christine?

ps... Have a look at my fav. machine below...

http://www.davedouglass.com/illustrator/SHAVER.jpg

BrisVegas
20th September 2006, 09:08 AM
I've got a Victa 4-stroke mulcher mower. You can swap the catcher for the mulching attachment, which chops the grass up extremely fine then blows it back into the lawn to help thicken it. Although it seems to me like the grass is completely vapourised as I can't find any sign of it after I've mowed. :shock:

Sounds like you got the same as mine Courty. Except the couch grass gets so thick in summer time that the mulching attachedment clogs up.

Fishman Dan
25th September 2006, 07:12 AM
Trung - does that mean you're cutting A-Lo's grass? :shock:

Trung
25th September 2006, 11:59 AM
Fishy..

Don't go there son..

:)

Fishman Dan
25th September 2006, 10:57 PM
Fishy..

Don't go there son..