PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup Singles Match-Up

McMw
19th September 2006, 11:42 AM
Possible matchups???

Hate to see a Tiger vs Garcia matchup - Garcia has shown he chokes badly when playing Tiger head to head...

Stenson Vs Tiger would be interesting to watch...
Garcia Vs Lefty
Donald Vs Toms

Europe Team
Monty
Ollie
Clarke
Westwood
Garcia
Harrington
McGinley
Donald
Howell
Casey
Karlsson*
Stenson*

USA Team
Lefty
Tiger
Furyk
Toms
Cink
DiMarco
Campbell
Verplank
Taylor*
Henry*
Johnson*
Wetterich*

BrisVegas
19th September 2006, 01:04 PM
What about Tiger v Casey?

Rusty
20th September 2006, 11:50 AM
yeah, with Casey's form that would be very interesting.

McMw
20th September 2006, 12:04 PM
depening on how Clarke goes on Fri and Saturday, I would like to see Clarke Vs Tiger...

notlob
20th September 2006, 09:23 PM
I see the Canny Welshman Woosie already has the Americans aguessing having made changes to his pairings for the second day of Ryder Cup practice at the K Club.
Only Darren Clarke and Lee Westwood were kept together from the pairs which practised together on Tuesday.
Paul Casey teamed up with David Howell, while Sergio Garcia and Luke Donald, and Padraig Harrington and Colin Montgomerie were also paired.
Henrik Stenson and Paul McGinley and Jose Maria Olazabal and Robert Karlsson made up the remaining partnerships.
The pairings are expected to form the basis of the foursomes which will take place on Friday afternoon.
Europe may only get the chance to play nine holes because of the rain and strong winds that had caused the K Club to be closed to spectators earlier in the day.
The practice session got off to a light-hearted start when Woosnam grabbed a club and started slicing, topping and shanking shots in all directions. Early indications are that Stenson and McGinley and Olazabal and Karlsson could be the four omitted come the foursomes.
Europe are bound to win with a WELSHMAN in charge...I hope I don't regret saying that later.

AndyP
20th September 2006, 09:34 PM
The practice session got off to a light-hearted start when Woosnam grabbed a club and started slicing, topping and shanking shots in all directions.
Sounds like the sort of shots I've seen from another Welshman. In fact, add snaphooks to that list too.

Jo.
20th September 2006, 10:28 PM
Can't wait for it to start.It looks to be one of the weaker U.S teams of recent times.You never know though...

Bruce
24th September 2006, 11:37 PM
Wasn't it nice of the Aussie cricketers to get their game out of the way in a hurry so the coverage could start a bit earlier.

McMw
25th September 2006, 12:55 AM
great win to Europe...
it was a great hour of golf to watch leading up to Stenson's putt to win the Cup....

and how funny was it to see Steve drop Tiger's 9 iron into the lake!!! :lol: