PDA

View Full Version : Golf shirts

bdoug10
10th March 2021, 08:38 AM
Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for golf shirts.
I have some older Nike DRI-FIT polos that feel really good and don’t get that sweat smell in them after a really humid day. The tag tells me 100% polyester.

Check a newer Nike polo I have and it also lists as 100% poly with Dri fit on the tag. The material feels a lot lighter and gets damp a heap quicker.

Adidas ones I have are also 100% poly but feel different again. I find these to stink very quickly after wearing.

Question is am I going crazy? Should they all be the same if they are 100% poly?

If not do Nike make multiple dri-fit polos? And if so we’re can I get the good ones.

Any other brands you think are better for humid conditions?

golfbound
10th March 2021, 09:09 AM
Think i can get a half decent deal on Under Armour shirts

bdoug10
10th March 2021, 12:09 PM
Might give them a go then. Where have you found the best place golfbound?

markTHEblake
10th March 2021, 02:38 PM
I mostly play in humid conditions my whole life, and i have never noticed any smelly shirt except maybe old ones and when traveling and take a whiff of the laundry bag after a week.

Dont take this personally but sweat is odorless. The smell occurs after mixing with bacteria on our skin. How much smell might depend on someones personal hygiene habits, type of soaps used etc, and also type of laundry detergent maybe. One doesnt need to be "dirty" person to be a bit smelly :-)

I dont think you are crazy. Its quite possible that some shirts have retained some body oils after washing.

bdoug10
10th March 2021, 03:41 PM
I think it is more the deodorant that cakes on the armpit area if the shirt and not washing out completely? Maybe I need to spray deo then wait beforei throw a shirt straight on

golfbound
10th March 2021, 04:24 PM
Might give them a go then. Where have you found the best place golfbound?

I have an account.

golfbound
10th March 2021, 04:35 PM
have alook here https://www.underarmour.com.au/en-au/sports/golf/?cid=PS|au|br|ggl|all|ua%20golf|all|all|golf|exact |PR

markTHEblake
10th March 2021, 05:03 PM
Hit up Uniqlo. Golf shirts only $30.

bdoug10
10th March 2021, 05:04 PM
Can I get a price on Men's UA Performance 2.0 Colorblock Polo