PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about.... (Earth issue related)

andylo
18th September 2006, 11:26 AM
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=19607

Just watching this link for 2 mins I have a lot in my mind....

Doesn't look like I can see the hugh disaster cause by human being "development" in my life but look at those numbers just makes my plain scare.

wavemaker
18th September 2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for posting that Andylo. Food for thought indeed!

Speirsy11
18th September 2006, 05:58 PM
Interesting link, but the info bar at the bottom is not lined up correctly. The population/emmision/death/birth lines don't line up with the correct numbers.....Unless India takes over 1 billion minutes to produce 1000 tonnes of CO2 :p

What worries me most is not the CO2 emmisions, which are crazy to see, but the birth rates in the poorest countries in the world.........Check out the bottom left corner "In the time you've been watching......." Scary........

markTHEblake
18th September 2006, 10:38 PM
Its not just human being development but population growth that is also scary. presently the the human population is doubling every 40 years.

if you look at a conservative estimate of doubling population every 150 years, it only takes 32 doublings (4800 years) for 2 people to reach 8 billion (we are at 6 billion something now).

Some scientists tell us humans began living 100,000 years ago. If we just work on 50,000 years that conservative growth estimate that makes a population of 10 x 10^100 which is billions more than there are atoms in the universe.

whether you beleive the earth is 6000 or 4 billion years old, it makes little difference, there is going to have to be some serious culling of the human race in order for life on earth to sustain itself, and not too far in the future either.

Courty
19th September 2006, 08:17 AM
whether you beleive the earth is 6000 or 4 billion years old, it makes little difference, there is going to have to be some serious culling of the human race in order for life on earth to sustain itself, and not too far in the future either.

OK. Where shall we start? Politicians? :twisted: