PDA

View Full Version : TM 300's

Fishman Dan
5th May 2004, 10:46 AM
Are these clubs all the go? Seems to be a lot of talk about them. I'm not about to buy one, but given the permission from the T'n'S i know where to get them.

Al's Golf in Roseville (Sydney) has a bucket of TM 3-series (Tour and Normal) for around the $300 mark. All in good condition. I think a mix of shafts from stock to Graf blue. The 320 looks great and i'd love to have one in my bag. My MaxFli i currently use is long when i hit them out of the centre, so i don't know if i'd get any extra distance (not without sorting out my swing first though).

I would like to get one, but my game doesn't really warrant it. Do you need to have a pretty solid swing to hit them to their potential? By that i don't mean fast, but technically correct. I am fully committed to finally getting a lesson or two after numerous inconsistent rounds, so that will come.

Jarro
5th May 2004, 11:38 AM
the Taylormade 300 series are still regarded as great woods. I know Onewood bought a 300Ti not long ago, and he seems pretty happy with it 8)

mate, do yourself a favour... and look in the classifieds section. prmeier has a 300Tour driver for an absloute steal :shock: I have one of these drivers and i can tell you that they are looooong and forgiving :D

Fishman Dan
5th May 2004, 11:45 AM
I thought his was about $400?

As i said in my post, it will all boil down to necessity, funds, and being able to do it without the wife knowing ;)

Jarro
5th May 2004, 11:47 AM
$400 for that Tour driver is an absolute bargain :shock:

AndyP
5th May 2004, 12:01 PM
$400 for that Tour driver is an absolute bargain :shock:

Bargain, but not cheap. :roll:

AndyP
5th May 2004, 03:26 PM
Are these clubs all the go? Seems to be a lot of talk about them. ....................
.....don't mean fast, but technically correct. I am fully committed to finally getting a lesson or two after numerous inconsistent rounds, so that will come.

I'm having some trouble with Microsoft Office. Anyone here know how to cut and paste. :wink: :P :lol:

Nothing wrong with getting advice from more than one source. 8)
And jarro, stop stalking him. :P

Fishman Dan
5th May 2004, 03:33 PM
And jarro, stop stalking him. :P

Hehe. I thought i'd get an opinion on either - just didn't think i'd get Jarro on both counts ;)

jaster
5th May 2004, 07:35 PM
The 300s are great drivers and depending on what you are currently using you will realistically be very happy :) The 300 is the easiest to work and the 360 is the straightest with the 320 just being a great work horse and mix of them both. Pick one with a good shaft and for a couple of hundred you can't go wrong :shock: :wink: