PDA

View Full Version : AAA used balls

FuzzyJuzzy
16th February 2021, 08:50 AM
Hi Folks,

I usually buy AAA used golf balls (usually Z Stars), as they're a lot cheaper, and from a legitimate source they are for mine just as good as brand new balls.
For a while I've been getting them from Squizzy's; before that I was getting them from the good MarkTheBlake. According to their site, Squizzy's supply seems to have dried up.
I know there's a bunch of other suppliers now in the market - can anyone recommend one that's reputable? I have previously dealt with another supplier (Sydney-based) who was a bit dodge...he came through in the end, but took way longer than he said it would and he was all but impossible to contact.
Thanks Lads,
FJ.

davepuppies
16th February 2021, 09:38 AM
I buy new, but buy from states and buy “practice” marked balls.

These are typically made for pros on range before pga tournaments

I just bought 144 (12 dozen) Taylormade TP5 Pix for about $400

BayBum
16th February 2021, 09:55 AM
Lostgolfballs in Brisbane (?)

Wenz
16th February 2021, 12:14 PM
I've bought from a guy on FB (Michael Stark). He's always been reliable and his balls are always better than he grades them.

pt73
16th February 2021, 03:00 PM
In Jan I bought 40 Z Star in Mint / Near Mint condition for $86 posted from lakeballs_au on eBay.

Almost all were in mint condition although one was Q Star Tour which didn't bother me as I had wanted to try one.

BobsYourUncle
16th February 2021, 03:35 PM
I've bought used balls in the past from lostgolfballs.com.au - but I don't buy them anymore. They're ok, but when you can get new, current model z-stars for $40/doz, I don't think it makes sense to spend $30/doz on used, mixed-year balls.

When using used balls, I found I was replacing them more often. I can get through 2+ rounds with a brand new ball, the second hand ones get to the "too scuffed" point sooner, at least in my experience.

Used balls also seem to be in shorter supply these days (covid related), which is probably driving prices up somewhat.

FuzzyJuzzy
16th February 2021, 03:51 PM
I've bought used balls in the past from lostgolfballs.com.au - but I don't buy them anymore. They're ok, but when you can get new, current model z-stars for $40/doz, I don't think it makes sense to spend $30/doz on used, mixed-year balls.

When using used balls, I found I was replacing them more often. I can get through 2+ rounds with a brand new ball, the second hand ones get to the "too scuffed" point sooner, at least in my experience.

Used balls also seem to be in shorter supply these days (covid related), which is probably driving prices up somewhat.

Thanks mate. Where are you finding new current model Z-Stars for $40/dozen? Do tell...

Wenz
16th February 2021, 04:04 PM
https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/srixon-z-star-6-golf-ball-white-2-dozen.html

Then apply code 'GCOWELCOME1' at checkout for $10 off

$38/doz

BobsYourUncle
16th February 2021, 04:24 PM
https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/srixon-z-star-6-golf-ball-white-2-dozen.html

Then apply code 'GCOWELCOME1' at checkout for $10 off

$38/doz

Yeah, that. Also GolfBox has 2 dozen for $88, and 10% off coupons are pretty easy to come by.

8081travis
16th February 2021, 04:28 PM
I buy new, but buy from states and buy “practice” marked balls.These are typically made for pros on range before pga tournamentsI just bought 144 (12 dozen) Taylormade TP5 Pix for about $400 Where do you get these mate?

backintheswing
16th February 2021, 04:36 PM
I just wait until my proshop does 2 dozen prov1 for $99 and grab 4 dozen.

davepuppies
16th February 2021, 10:09 PM
Where do you get these mate?

ebay mate. Can’t remember the seller but there were a few batches when I bought mine

sheezymaneezy
16th February 2021, 11:33 PM
Also bought from Marktheblake and lostgolfballs before. Former doesn't do them, latter hardly has stock.

Hoping someone knows of other good places to buy from in lots of 50+

markTHEblake
18th February 2021, 12:07 AM
that blake fella isnt coming across many balls these days, lack of tourists last 12 months mean mostly range balls and srixon soft feels are being found.

But I know there is a bucketload of brand new Srixon XV to be found on the first few holes at Helensvale, bring a snorkel I will point out the spots :oops: