PDA

View Full Version : 2021 OzGolf S.A. Champs 13th and 14th of March

Hatchman
10th February 2021, 05:01 PM
2021 OzGolf S.A. Champs March 13th & 14th

Saturday 13th March - Mount Compass 1pm start

Sunday 14th March - Royal Adelaide 1pm start

The format for both games will be individual Stableford
The S.A Oz Golf Championship will be over both days. Winner will be the highest combined Stabelford Scores over both days.

Saturdays round will incorporate the Kitchener Cup - Team Schnit (visitors) v Team Kitchener (locals). Winning team will have the highest average of the combined Stableford scores for each Team.

Cost for the 2 rounds as follows
$70 for Mount Compass (Green Fees + an amount for prizes)
$140 for Royal Adelaide (Green Fees + an amount for prizes,)(there is a cost scale with this one as after a certain number of members guests the cost to play increases so an average cost has been calculated to share the load)

Saturday Nights Dinner is booked in at Mount Compass Golf Club at 6pm for 8 people
Note: Saturday dinner is NOT included in the costs listed above and table below. That is a pay for your meal on the night.

Name
Mount
Compass
$70
Sat
Dinner
Y/N
Royal
Adelaide
$140
$ Total
$ Paid
$ Owing
Notes

Marcel
Y
$70
Y
Y
$0
$70
$0
$0
RA Member

Benje
N
-
-
Y
$0
$0
$0
$0
RA Member

Coopers Country
Y
$70
Y
Y
$140
$210
$210
$0
Paid from 2020, holding $

Hatchman
Y
$70
Y
Y
$140
$210
$210
$0

Thecollective
Y
$70
Y
Y
$140
$210
$210
$0

BobsYourUncle
Y
$70
N
Y
$140
$210
$210
$0

Jimandr
Y
$70
Y
Y
$140
$210
$210
$0

DMG
Y
$70
N
Y
$140
$210
$210
$0

Wazamac
Y
$70
Y
Y
$140
$210
$210
$0

Flavzz
Y
$70
N
tbc
$140

$70

Sunday round tbc at late notice

For those visiting Royal Adelaide for the first time, or those who need reminding, following is some information for Sunday.

Entrance to the Course is off Tapleys Hill Road, Seaton; between Grange Rd and Trimmer Pde.
The entrance road crosses the 18th fairway. Give way to golfers playing the hole, either wait until they've passed or they wave you across.

RAGC is now cashless so plastic fantastic required for any purchases.
Entry to the Club's daily competition is available, but not compulsory, for those with a valid Golflink #. Entry will cost you $6, register on Pro Shop computer, select White tees when choice of tees option appears.

Dress regulations here;
https://www.royaladelaidegolf.com.au...e-regulations/ (https://www.royaladelaidegolf.com.au/cms/dress-code-regulations/)

I usually get asked about short socks – cover the ankle, the golf club logo doesn’t have to be RAGC. Plain white is ok also. The Pro Shop has socks etc. for sale should you need anything. We won’t be using the dining room so golf attire is fine for the Clubhouse.

Locker room - Shower facilities, Sunscreen and visitor lockers available. There are also non-secure areas to hang clothes.

There is a practice range adjacent to the 1st fairway, self serve range balls are located under the small stand of trees, free of charge.

Our tee times are from 1pm, 3 groups. I’ll endeavor to arrive by noon and should be either in the Pro Shop, Clubhouse verandah adjacent to the practice green or range.

Bar menu (steak sandwiches, burgers, wraps etc.) available prior to hit off. If you plan to order something prior to your round give yourself at least 30 mins leeway.

Course – the rough is down and dried out for the most part. Greens firm and fastish.

Meet on the verandah no later than 12.45 and we’ll work out the seeded draw. Presentations and bullshitting on the verandah at the conclusion.

Hatchman
10th February 2021, 05:17 PM
This is on for real now lads.
Mount Compass has been booked for 1pm for 4 groups on the Saturday
I'll chase up a dinner reservation with the club as well.

marcel
10th February 2021, 06:58 PM
In for both rounds and dinner thanks

thecollective
10th February 2021, 07:11 PM
In (of course) + dinner

See how the numbers go, was considering a team ball on the Saturday but I doubt we can justify it with small numbers

BobsYourUncle
10th February 2021, 07:20 PM
In for both, dark pencil for dinner.

wazamac
10th February 2021, 07:22 PM
Very light pencil. If available it may only be the one day.
I suppose I better pull the 2020 off the trophies and change to 2021.

Hatchman
10th February 2021, 07:50 PM
In (of course) + dinner

See how the numbers go, was considering a team ball on the Saturday but I doubt we can justify it with small numbers

Kitchener Cup will still be on Saturday even if there are no Visitors.
I'll do a names from a hat draw to see who ends up a Schnit or a Kitchener for roughly even teams.

Very light pencil. If available it may only be the one day.
I suppose I better pull the 2020 off the trophies and change to 2021.

Didn't know you could do that with those excellent Trophies you make.
That's great they can be altered so all your time and effort didn't go to waste.

Flavzz
10th February 2021, 09:37 PM
I'm in for both days. Might need a fire sale to pay for my entry tho :D Pencil for dinner

AndyP
11th February 2021, 10:03 AM
As I said to Hatchy, I'm a chance on this one, but it would only be because it aligns with a work trip. The exact dates of the trip/s are not known yet though.

DMG
11th February 2021, 10:08 AM
Pencil for both days... but no dinner unfortunately.

AndyP
11th February 2021, 03:54 PM
As I said to Hatchy, I'm a chance on this one, but it would only be because it aligns with a work trip. The exact dates of the trip/s are not known yet though.
Scratch that. It is my son's birthday on the 13th, so I would be flying back, even if I was down there.

coalesce
11th February 2021, 11:47 PM
Pencil for both plus dinner

Benje
12th February 2021, 04:35 PM
Sunday probable, not Saturday - Club Opening Day.

nadg63
12th February 2021, 05:43 PM
Maybe the Saturday at Mt. C. - depending on rally commitments!?

Hatchman
12th February 2021, 06:14 PM
Payments can be made in full or part each week to same acct as last year.
If you need details again let me know.

Coopers Country
13th February 2021, 05:20 PM
Is there any point?

Coopers Country
13th February 2021, 09:55 PM
And if the poor bugger that needed a work trip to get here cant do it how can I

jimandr
15th February 2021, 05:14 PM
2 more days until I can make plans. If the Victorian lockdown situation doesn't result in an outbreak, and cause border closures in Qld and SA, I'll be attending. Pencil for now, with attendance at all dinner events, but I'm thinking I am going to make this. I'll make contact with my accommodation guy on Wednesday, and see whether he has a vacancy so I can use my credit.

I think I'll visit the tractor farming thread, and report back in this thread on Thursday.

Coopers Country
16th February 2021, 10:00 AM
I am in for this now have booked accomodation is there a friday game as well?

marcel
16th February 2021, 10:16 AM

Nothing organised that I know of but I'm available

thecollective
16th February 2021, 02:40 PM
re: Friday round

I might be an in for this, provided it was an afternoon round

Blackwood could be a good option, relatively quiet and beautiful setting in summer

Coopers Country
16th February 2021, 05:11 PM
Well apart from you mob that live in Adelaide do you think it is worth me paying accomodation for 3 nights if you cant organise 3 games ?
If not refund me my money and I will just spend a weekend in adelaide , because I have booked my hotel without golfers

Coopers Country
16th February 2021, 05:13 PM
And TC I would hardly expect you to put yourself out for anyone you couldnt get something back for

BobsYourUncle
16th February 2021, 06:26 PM
I'm up for a round on the Friday. Preferably one I can get home from by 6pm. Blackwood, TTG, Regency Park, or I could host at North Adelaide (south course is in great condition at the moment).

CC you've been a bit cranky lately, something I'm missing obviously?

Coopers Country
16th February 2021, 09:57 PM
Um everyone is saying that so obviously I am I will be there on Friday in time for a game if there is one
Doesn’t matter to me if there isn’t I don’t want anyone to put themselves out for a country hick
I will point out this is costing me 3 nights accommodation and I am not coming from interstate
And unlike some of those guys I haven’t been offered free accommodation

Whatever happens happens

Coopers Country
16th February 2021, 10:02 PM
Oh and I suggest a change of name for this as it is the Adelaide champs and nothing else

AndyP
17th February 2021, 06:51 AM
Adelaide is in South Australia, and since there are no other Champs in the state, I don't think there is any confusion.Mt Compass isn't in Adelaide either.

thecollective
17th February 2021, 08:30 AM
And TC I would hardly expect you to put yourself out for anyone you couldnt get something back for

You don’t know me well enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hatchman
17th February 2021, 11:10 AM

Good to see you can make it CC.
I'm on afternoon shift on the Friday which would make me not available for the Friday normally. I need to check out my leave situation if I can get the day off as I've had to use a heap in the last 12 moths for health issues and not sure I have much left.
I'm keen for an afternoon round at Blackwood if I can get the time off.

thecollective
17th February 2021, 01:37 PM
I'm up for a round on the Friday. Preferably one I can get home from by 6pm. Blackwood, TTG, Regency Park, or I could host at North Adelaide (south course is in great condition at the moment).

BYU: If we tee off around 1PM @ BW you should be fine, should be pretty quiet on a Friday arvo. TTG is an option but it's busier and a super long drive for the Southerners

BobsYourUncle
17th February 2021, 01:41 PM
I'm happy with blackwood, it's a great course that I've only played once - and I think I have a metro pennants game there a few months later (although the same applies to TTG :))

thecollective
17th February 2021, 02:05 PM
I'm happy with blackwood, it's a great course that I've only played once - and I think I have a metro pennants game there a few months later (although the same applies to TTG :))

Im at TTG until end of March, hit me up for a game on a Sunday sometime that month (in Hobart now till end of month)

Hatchman
17th February 2021, 04:03 PM
Saturday night Dinner is booked at Mount Compass Golf Club for 8 People at 6pm.
They've got a large group from a Car Club Booked in at 6:30.

nadg63
17th February 2021, 04:55 PM
Saturday night Dinner is booked at Mount Compass Golf Club for 8 People at 6pm.
They've got a large group from a Car Club Booked in at 6:30.

Had lunch there on Sunday - it was good.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57cd2a9429687fcc42be07c4/t/600780454e1a55641de4726d/1611104332473/OCT+MENU+2020+%282%29.pdf

thecollective
17th February 2021, 04:57 PM
Had lunch there on Sunday - it was good.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57cd2a9429687fcc42be07c4/t/600780454e1a55641de4726d/1611104332473/OCT+MENU+2020+(2).pdf

Porchetta is normally my go to, with a glass of Riesling

Coopers Country
18th February 2021, 01:18 AM
So from the last attempt I have paid for a game at Mt Compass a Game at Links lady bay and a game at Royal Adelaide? Not the sharpest tool in the shed but I seem to be missing a round ?

thecollective
18th February 2021, 09:09 AM
So from the last attempt I have paid for a game at Mt Compass a Game at Links lady bay and a game at Royal Adelaide? Not the sharpest tool in the shed but I seem to be missing a round ?

CC: I attempted to refund your money when champs was cancelled from last year, you told me to hang onto it and carry it over for (if there was to be) a/the Friday round

That agreement is still in place, if there is/was not to be a Friday round I will cover it or would personally hand you the $60 paid in cash. Ideally I would have liked to refund you as originally intended as I hate the thought of owing any person or institution money.

Obviously cancelling last year was not ideal, for anyone. Now we are have booked the weekend for March and sowing the seeds to put together a Friday round. I appreciate this may not meet your current expectations but it's the best we can do with the situation at hand

Coopers Country
18th February 2021, 10:21 AM
Yeah sorry TC I didnt read the previous posts I am sure it will all work out in the end

BobsYourUncle
19th February 2021, 02:29 PM
So are we locking in Blackwood on the Friday? Should we start a separate thread? TC are you organising? ;)

thecollective
19th February 2021, 02:44 PM
TC are you organising? ;)

Nah, im nothing but a taker remember....

(yes I will organise)

MAZA68
20th February 2021, 06:04 PM
I'll put a light pencil in, not quite sure on our movements around SA as yet.

Hatchman
21st February 2021, 05:07 PM
That would be great if you Can make it Maza68.

jimandr
22nd February 2021, 01:52 PM
I am in!! Flight credit used to book flights, accommodation credit used to book a flat in Glenelg. Arrive Thursday, departure Monday. In for all golf and food. I will submit payment tomorrow if my NBN is fixed (another story).
With vaccines now happening borders should stay open. Yippee 😁

AndyP
22nd February 2021, 02:46 PM
With vaccines now happening borders should stay open. Yippee
You underestimate our governments. Qld border is still closed to Victoria.

wazamac
26th February 2021, 05:01 PM
Chuck me in for Saturday. Not really sure if I could be bothered with 2 days in a row anymore.

DMG
1st March 2021, 12:32 PM
In and money sent Hatchy... :)

Hatchman
1st March 2021, 04:14 PM
In and money sent Hatchy... :)

Received and OP updated.

You in for Dinner at Mount Compass as well?

DMG
1st March 2021, 04:28 PM
Received and OP updated.

You in for Dinner at Mount Compass as well?Unfortunately not mate. If I went to dinner as well I'd be missing two extra balls on Sunday. Loosing golf balls is bad enough.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wazamac
1st March 2021, 04:46 PM
Please send me text as to which account you want. I cant remember

DMG
2nd March 2021, 03:48 PM
??? in RA column of the table should read Y for me. :)

wazamac
2nd March 2021, 06:10 PM
??? in RA column of the table should read Y for me. :)

I think Hatchy has got his "Y's" crossed. He has you down for dinner

DMG
2nd March 2021, 09:14 PM
I think Hatchy has got his "Y's" crossed. He has you down for dinner

For some reason... he REALLY wants me at that dinner!

marcel
3rd March 2021, 01:31 PM
I need to return unused times to RA by this weekend. Can anyone still wavering confirm one way or the other by then please

DMG
3rd March 2021, 02:34 PM
I need to return unused times to RA by this weekend. Can anyone still wavering confirm one way or the other by then please

Hang on mate... we can't just keep them and use them the following few weekends?! :wink:

Peppas
3rd March 2021, 03:02 PM
Im still wavering... :(

wazamac
3rd March 2021, 03:36 PM
👋👋

coalesce
3rd March 2021, 08:59 PM
I’m out then. Just can’t commit the time :(

MAZA68
3rd March 2021, 10:43 PM
Not in for the Sunday.

Flavzz
4th March 2021, 11:47 AM
Flagging myself as a potential non starter. I will confirm by this weekend.

BobsYourUncle
4th March 2021, 12:20 PM
Flagging myself as a potential non starter. I will confirm by this weekend.

Everything OK I hope?

If the favourite pulls out, it will be anyones!

Flavzz
4th March 2021, 12:52 PM
Everything OK I hope?If the favourite pulls out, it will be anyones! A few family health issues. Not mine but may rule me out from golf.

thecollective
4th March 2021, 01:34 PM
Hang on mate... we can't just keep them and use them the following few weekends?! :wink:

You can play with me @ RA if you like, likely to be the following Saturday after 3PM (just before daylight saving ends)

DMG
4th March 2021, 01:53 PM
You can play with me @ RA if you like, likely to be the following Saturday after 3PM (just before daylight saving ends)

I shall remain in VERY close contact on this one mate. :)

thecollective
4th March 2021, 02:09 PM
Just so everyone knows im only allowed to introduce one guest at the moment

thecollective
4th March 2021, 04:46 PM
I shall remain in VERY close contact on this one mate. :)

Apologies: just to clarify, Sunday after 3PM. No Saturday offering with the waiting list vouchers. Need to wait until July before that happens

DMG
4th March 2021, 06:32 PM
Apologies: just to clarify, Sunday after 3PM. No Saturday offering with the waiting list vouchers. Need to wait until July before that happens

Gotcha mate... I'm still keen.

MAZA68
6th March 2021, 07:30 PM
I'll be out for this now, wife has an appointment on the Saturday that needs my assistance.

Flavzz
6th March 2021, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to commit to this guys. Would love to be there but just not possible given the circumstances and I don't want to cancel the day before etc.

marcel
6th March 2021, 11:01 PM
Flavzz
If we're 11 or less I'll retain 3 groups and you can be a late inclusion if things work out

Flavzz
7th March 2021, 12:48 AM
FlavzzIf we're 11 or less I'll retain 3 groups and you can be a late inclusion if things work out Cheers Terry

nadg63
7th March 2021, 09:00 PM
Not even the Saturday round for me - rally stuff to do.

wazamac
8th March 2021, 10:43 AM
Trophies Finished.
Put me down for both days if there is still room.

marcel
8th March 2021, 11:03 AM
In for RA Waza

wazamac
8th March 2021, 11:36 AM
I'm going to be sore. Haha.
Need to find a nice Thai lady for a massage

DMG
8th March 2021, 04:11 PM
Need to find a nice Thai lady for a massage

I'll walk on your back for ya Waza... can even leave the spikes on if you like.

jimandr
8th March 2021, 05:37 PM

Want to share a cart at Mt Compass? I assume they have them. I struggle with walking three days in a row.

I just looked at the 7 day forecast. Sunday looks horrible. I was hoping to get by without a pair of long trousers, but it seems I'll need to bring them. At least I won't have to worry about the RA clothing policy.

Apart from the Sunday weather, I'm really looking forward to this, and catching up with my SA friends. See you Friday.

BobsYourUncle
8th March 2021, 06:17 PM
The forecast I'm looking at has it wetter on Saturday (but cooler on Sunday). Bit of afternoon breeze both days to keep us honest.

thecollective
8th March 2021, 06:35 PM
Want to share a cart at Mt Compass? I assume they have them. I struggle with walking three days in a row.

I just looked at the 7 day forecast. Sunday looks horrible. I was hoping to get by without a pair of long trousers, but it seems I'll need to bring them. At least I won't have to worry about the RA clothing policy.

Apart from the Sunday weather, I'm really looking forward to this, and catching up with my SA friends. See you Friday.

We look forward to seeing you Jim. If you need a cart I strongly suggest Compass as it becomes quite undulating in parts.

Blackwood has a couple of steep bits but I personally find Compass more wearing on the body

marcel
8th March 2021, 09:06 PM
Hatchy, put Benje in for RA as well.
RA booking is now limited to 12 people max

Hatchman
8th March 2021, 10:18 PM
I’ll fix up the table tomorrow night at work.
Had a look on the iPad and the formatting will have me making a big mess of it.

wazamac
9th March 2021, 08:02 AM
I'll walk on your back for ya Waza... can even leave the spikes on if you like.\

Sounds good but I am leaving my clothes on

BobsYourUncle
9th March 2021, 08:11 AM
I assume white tees as RA, gold or black at Mount Compass?

thecollective
9th March 2021, 09:02 AM
I assume white tees as RA, gold or black at Mount Compass?

Yep, definitely White @ RA especially if it gets windy

If we are allowed in the local comp at Compass it may be gold, im easy either way but on black you get some better looking tee shots.

marcel
9th March 2021, 02:35 PM
'Royal Adelaide info' thread in this sub forum just updated

Hatchman
9th March 2021, 05:30 PM
I've added the update Royal Adelaide info to the this years Champs OP.

If I've updated the table the correctly this is what we have:
8 Players playing the for the Title of 2021 OzGolf S.A Champ and the converted Red Jacket for 12months.
8 Playing Mount Compass on Saturday.
6 staying for Dinner after the Mount Compass game.
9 Playing Royal Adelaide on the Sunday.

Only 3 sleeps to go before the warm up round at Blackwood
With the favorite (Flavzz) a late scratching the title is anyone's.
Can BobsYourUncle now S.A's lowest Hcp marker defend his title or will the ever consistent Marcel use his second day home course knowledge to claim his second S.A Title?
Can someone else have a good couple of days and be a first time winner?

Just a reminder the Kitchener Cup is played in conjunction with Saturdays round. The draw for who helps Jim as Team Schnit will be done at the Blackwood round.
Good luck everyone and have fun playing some of the States best Golf Courses.

Benje
9th March 2021, 06:13 PM
Blackwood - the back nine is quite undulating, with climbs on 11, 13, 13 and 18.
Don't take 30 golf balls, 3 jumpers, waterproofs and the big pro bag. Unless you are under 40.

RA will be the least onerous walk of the three courses. Although you may be tired.

See you on Friday and Sunday guys.

Benje

BobsYourUncle
9th March 2021, 06:15 PM
RA will be the least onerous walk of the three courses. Although you may be tired.

I'm playing my usual Thursday morning comp too, so it'll be 4 rounds in 4 days for me. Might crack out the black & red on Sunday, will go nicely with the red jacket I'll be wearing home that evening... 8)

wazamac
9th March 2021, 06:40 PM
What are the betting odds?
I was thinking the same. BYU or Our Illustrious leader from 2 years ago.

Personally, I will go to water soon as I need to score a card and think about where I need to safely leave my next shot. Haha. 400 to 1 for me

BobsYourUncle
9th March 2021, 07:38 PM
What are the betting odds?I was thinking the same. BYU or Our Illustrious leader from 2 years ago.Personally, I will go to water soon as I need to score a card and think about where I need to safely leave my next shot. Haha. 400 to 1 for me Hard to go past marcel if he can put a decent score together on Saturday - home course advantage is worth at least 2-3 shots. And TC playing off 14? That's way too high.

MAZA68
9th March 2021, 09:10 PM
Have a good weekend lads, hope the weather behaves and the wind stays down.
Although I'm in SA nothing has really worked to fit this into our plans. Between getting the Jeep serviced, doctors appointments and then the long weekend threw a spanner in the works as well.
Heading north on Sunday to take in more of the peninsula's and the rest of SA.

thecollective
9th March 2021, 10:33 PM
Hard to go past marcel if he can put a decent score together on Saturday - home course advantage is worth at least 2-3 shots. And TC playing off 14? That's way too high.

I’m crap under pressure and not really practicing at the moment. Work has gone a little crazy for me, the company has 12 mouths to feed now instead of 4 and the sales aren’t lining up like they were last year.

Hatchman
9th March 2021, 10:35 PM
Thanks Maza68, it's a pity things didn't work out for you to be able to join us.
Enjoy the rest of your trek through North.

Hatchman
9th March 2021, 10:38 PM
I’m crap under pressure and not really practicing at the moment. Work has gone a little crazy for me, the company has 12 mouths to feed now instead of 4 and the sales aren’t lining up like they were last year.

At least there's hope for you.
I'm just crap so making up the numbers. I enjoyed my 12 Hcp at Tea Tree Gully.

thecollective
9th March 2021, 10:43 PM
At least there's hope for you.
I'm just crap so making up the numbers. I enjoyed my 12 Hcp at Tea Tree Gully.

Drive it straight and you’re a chance on that number.

Perhaps get out the 9 iron on some of those chips. I’m using my 3wood for the tricky lie bump and runs as I don’t have time to practice

thecollective
9th March 2021, 10:49 PM
I think Marcel would be my pick. 4 rounds a week at the moment and if it starts blowing his low cuts will deliver the goods

Hatchman
10th March 2021, 12:35 AM
Drive it straight and you’re a chance on that number.

Perhaps get out the 9 iron on some of those chips. I’m using my 3wood for the tricky lie bump and runs as I don’t have time to practice

Maybe I need to start a BYU like Thread but title it "I need to Hit a Fairway" :lol: not hit more Fairways.
I'll never be a straight down the middle Driver but I don't miss it as badly all day as I did Monday.
Apart from the hosel rocket on the 3rd where I was completely distracted by the hottie in the modeling shoot (my story and I'm sticking to it). That was one of my better chipping days compared a lot recently. Ill stuff a 9 iron chip just as easy as the 48 and 56.

Peppas
10th March 2021, 10:32 AM
Im sad to be missing this... hope it's a great weekend guys!

jimandr
10th March 2021, 10:31 PM
Im sad to be missing this... hope it's a great weekend guys!

I'll be thinking of you while sampling a daily Kitchener, bought from different places to see whether any of them can match the Yanka Bakery standard. i won't post any photo evidence though. That would be cruel.

Flavzz
11th March 2021, 12:54 PM
Some good news on my front. I'm now a likely starter for Saturday but will have to be a game time decision for Sunday. That's if there is a spot available.

Hatchman
11th March 2021, 01:59 PM
There are spots available both days.
Would be great if you can make for both.

wazamac
11th March 2021, 05:55 PM
That's just thrown the betting into disarray. Welcome Flavzz.

thecollective
11th March 2021, 06:16 PM
That's just thrown the betting into disarray. Welcome Flavzz.

luckily we don't gamble at SA Champs, well, not officially anyway

My fake money is on Marcel.

marcel
11th March 2021, 06:42 PM
I've got a sneaky $50 on Peppas, that lad can do anything

thecollective
11th March 2021, 07:46 PM

Even fly in last minute on Saturday morning? Private charter perhaps

benno_r
11th March 2021, 07:48 PM
Even fly in last minute on Saturday morning? Private charter perhapsHe owns shares in a Learjet. 100% share...

Flavzz
11th March 2021, 08:00 PM
Late entries are all the rage these days.

Hatchman
11th March 2021, 09:01 PM
Late entries are all the rage these days.

Your lucky it's not a full field like The Dunes Port Hughes.

thecollective
11th March 2021, 09:03 PM
Your lucky it's not a full field like The Dunes Port Hughes.

Hate to say it but there is a minority on the Yorke that are so 'glass half full' type people.

Flavzz
11th March 2021, 09:13 PM
Your lucky it's not a full field like The Dunes Port Hughes. That was rough

thecollective
11th March 2021, 09:15 PM
That was rough

almost as rough as closing your cafe in Yorketown at 11am Saturday on a long weekend.

Back open Tuesday

Flavzz
11th March 2021, 09:19 PM
Who's made any last minute bag changes for the champs? I've put the new Proforce V2 shaft into my driver. Haven't hit it yet but will probably game it anyway.

thecollective
11th March 2021, 09:23 PM
Who's made any last minute bag changes for the champs? I've put the new Proforce V2 shaft into my driver. Haven't hit it yet but will probably game it anyway.

Trying out a few different clubs this weekend, besides the ZX-7 irons I have a Callaway U 21 Driving Iron and my wacky Yonex fairway wood

Going to game a Scotty Cameron Futura X7M, ugly looking face balanced thing, putting a straight stroke on the mat so hopefully can take that same form to the course

Flavzz
11th March 2021, 09:27 PM
Trying out a few different clubs this weekend, besides the ZX-7 irons I have a Callaway U 21 Driving Iron and my wacky Yonex fairway wood Going to game a Scotty Cameron Futura X7M his weekend, ugly looking face balanced thing, putting a straight stroke on the mat so hopefully can take that same form to the course Nice!

Hatchman
11th March 2021, 09:44 PM

No changes

Benje
11th March 2021, 10:13 PM
Hatch's outline of RAGC facilities is nearly complete.
There are also complementary pull buggies available, so you don't have to bring your Clic gear if space is tight in the car.

Benje

Peppas
11th March 2021, 11:38 PM

Haha I wish. I looked at flights today but no go, no chance of getting home on Sunday night after the round. I'll be there next year :)

jimandr
12th March 2021, 10:01 AM

Same set uo as last time I was in SA, 17 I think. I didn't win then, so maybe I should have used the other set. But I had 26points with them so I might be better off with this lot.

Peppas
12th March 2021, 10:19 AM
Same set uo as last time I was in SA, 17 I think. I didn't win then, so maybe I should have used the other set. But I had 26points with them so I might be better off with this lot. At least you're not sharing a room LL again

nadg63
12th March 2021, 03:36 PM
Good luck all, hope you all have an enjoyable weekend and that the weather behaves itself.

Grunt
12th March 2021, 06:27 PM
Have a good one all, next single Grunt will come to fill the NAGA slot.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

wazamac
13th March 2021, 10:03 AM
Well I guess it wouldn't be a proper Champs if we didn't have multiple weather patterns in 3 days.

thecollective
13th March 2021, 11:23 AM
Been raining all morning at Victor

Although the weather down here is quite like Victoria so I expect a change coming in the afternoon

MAZA68
13th March 2021, 01:26 PM
Looks to be clearing for the arvo, at least the course would have softened up.
Enjoy, that sun might appear from yesterday!

Hatchman
13th March 2021, 08:32 PM
It was brutal at Mount Compass for the first round of S.A Champs off the Black Tees.

Scores as follows:
31 Marcel
28 Jimandr
27 BobsYourUncle
25 DMG
25 Wazamac
24 Thecollective
24 Flavzz
22 Hatchman

NTP 5th - BobYourUncle
NTP 9th - BobsYourUncle
NTP for 2 - Thecollective
Long Drive 16th - Thecollective

Peppas
13th March 2021, 10:15 PM
What happened to CC??

Hatchman
13th March 2021, 10:35 PM
Had a flat battery and didn’t make it.

AndyP
13th March 2021, 11:34 PM
Had a flat battery and didn’t make it. Is marcel the lead suspect?

wazamac
13th March 2021, 11:58 PM
Apparently flat battery in his car

3Puttpete
14th March 2021, 05:51 AM
It was brutal at Mount Compass for the first round of S.A Champs off the Black Tees.

Scores as follows:
31 Marcel
28 Jimandr
27 BobsYourUncle
25 DMG
25 Wazamac
24 Thecollective
24 Flavzz
22 Hatchman

Today’s the day, only 9 points top to bottom. It’s anyone’s NAGA.

Enjoy it boys.

BobsYourUncle
14th March 2021, 06:43 AM
It was tough yesterday. Hopefully not as windy today.

marcel
14th March 2021, 09:08 AM
Is marcel the lead suspect?

Correct. CC painted a large target on his back by having 33 points in the warmup event

Flavzz
14th March 2021, 10:28 AM
As noted I was doubtful for today and confirming I won't be able to make it. Have a great day all, should be perfect out there today.

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 03:33 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/3af4b6e62be64d52944d8872456a882a.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/9a231401977211670ef0ed93ee5aa290.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/34611f64dbfac027f4270caaf9257b2f.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/664a19c78860650bd47fc3b069e65f66.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/17d9d5fc8400e7f5585aed8d457dbef4.jpg

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 04:03 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/c33cd184c181dad865bb7dd19bdee6a8.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/efbfe0edb55a9ca4f3e62045a1298025.jpg

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 04:15 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/a150879bc16248ffc7c5418ffff580aa.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/8559540396bb7106c4ee093bdb932af1.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/1d428b6b6e00e994ed48c3cbebb3cb55.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/dc27643df2dda3a3b1e5e549cc075fd7.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/808ad6ee96f9243e20fea4da449b81a0.jpg

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 04:29 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/ca9374f6d7bb8202dc6d0faa84a9c716.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/c2d270b01056c254d0322418fcba91f6.jpg

Flavzz
14th March 2021, 05:56 PM
Who's taken the title?

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 06:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/dd311ea60b828c9f2a1465c6bcfa4479.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/335bec34ac392158e91ec290629104e1.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/3ae19fe1826ce13f2d8e4a89d09ad6cd.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/43b0bac614dd3d780c04c25d3f2b4de6.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/28a758873f0fb91297cacca99bd54d10.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/953a8b9b9f771fb2f57d34bf9e097331.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/1d156b0fb3c25b0c5f1a6688f162e123.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/d469c201466cd5205ba2e4d2599c217e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/6d058443d9b3f04ccdad1e99364495d2.jpg

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 06:49 PM
Royal Adelaide Day 2
38pts - Marcel
34pts - Benje
32pts - Jimandr
30pts - Coopers County
26pts - BobsYourUncle
26pts - DMG
25pts - Thecollective

NTP for 2 3rd Hole - Marcel
NTP 7th Hole - Jinandr
NTP for 2 12th Hole (the Peppas Tree Long Par 3) - Marcel (he hit the Green reg)
Long Drive - Jimandr (you don't always need to hit it long, sometimes you just need to hit fairway)

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 06:50 PM
2021 OzGolf Champion

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/9bd51361147a5992b9a6773dab12ed0e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/0fac6ffdbfc38c9c3645421adb7af984.jpg

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 06:57 PM
36 Hole OzGolf S.A Champs

69_31-38 - Marcel
60_28-32 - Jimandr
53_27-26 - BobsYourUncle
51_25-26 - DMG
49_24-25 - Thecollective

nadg63
14th March 2021, 06:58 PM
2021 OzGolf Champion

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/0fac6ffdbfc38c9c3645421adb7af984.jpg

All hail The Master

Flavzz
14th March 2021, 07:31 PM
Can't argue with a 38 for the win. Even if it is on his home track ;) well done Terry!

Benje
14th March 2021, 07:38 PM
Rousing speech from Marcel! :) Well played.

3Puttpete
14th March 2021, 08:06 PM
Congrats Champ.

3Puttpete
14th March 2021, 08:07 PM
Royal Adelaide Day 2
38pts - Marcel
34pts - Benje
32pts - Jimandr
30pts - Coopers County
26pts - BobsYourUncle
26pts - DMG
25pts - Thecollective

Did somebody kill Hatchy?

Hatchman
14th March 2021, 08:41 PM
I hurt something in the right wrist during Saturday’s round.
Ice Packs and Brufen couldn’t fix it overnight so had to withdraw injured.
Hand has swollen up and last 2 fingers were going numb just walking around.

AndyP
14th March 2021, 09:18 PM
Congratulations, Marcel.

DMG
14th March 2021, 09:23 PM
Great weekend! Loved it (despite my new found hatred for Mt Compass!). :wink:

Thanks to everyone who participated, and a huge thanks to Hatchy and whoever else helped putting it together!

Congrats Marcel!

marcel
14th March 2021, 09:29 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated in this 'limited field' event. Special thanks to Waza for the trophies, Hatchy for impersonating organiser Nadg (even to the extent of not playing), CC for traveling from a farish flung corner of SA and Jim for the enormous effort of traveling from Ballina.

Signed,
Your champ
xo

DMG
14th March 2021, 09:37 PM
A kiss and a hug... someone is happy! :D

3Puttpete
14th March 2021, 09:49 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated in this 'limited field' event. Special thanks to Waza for the trophies, Hatchy for impersonating organiser Nadg (even to the extent of not playing), CC for traveling from a farish flung corner of SA and Jim for the enormous effort of traveling from Ballina.

Signed,
Your champ
xo

[emoji3]

thecollective
14th March 2021, 09:52 PM
Royal Adelaide Day 2
38pts - Marcel
34pts - Benje
32pts - Jimandr
30pts - Coopers County
26pts - BobsYourUncle
26pts - DMG
25pts - Thecollective

Do I get NAGA? Or does retired hurt not count?

coalesce
14th March 2021, 10:03 PM
Congrats marcel. About time you won it!

jimandr
14th March 2021, 10:30 PM
This is a short post to announce that I won the Long Drive prize on 18 today. It's the highlight of my long golf career.

I will make a longer post of congrats and thanks tomorrow.

thecollective
15th March 2021, 09:01 AM
Yes a big thanks to Hatchy for organising the event, Waza for the trophies, Marcel & Benje for the invitation to RA & Jim for making the pilgrimage from Ballina.

Despite the poor run of form had a blast as always. To top it off watched a great show last night from Akmal at the Fringe with the wife.

Personally im a big fan of the March dates in comparison to late Nov early Dec.

Hatchman
15th March 2021, 10:58 AM
Thanks to all that participated on any/and all of the days and for your company over the 3 days. If I didn't have a hit with you, count yourself lucky you didn't have to watch the chop fest train wreck that is my game these days.
Big thank you to Marcel and Benje for hosting the rest of us at Royal Adelaide. This is always very much appreciated.
Thanks to Thecollective for organizing the warm up round at Blackwood.
Thanks to Wazamac for those magnificent Trophies.

Here's the break down of the daily and overall winners $ for the Saturday and Sunday rounds:
I will transfer the $ to your Bank accts today. I'm fairly sure I have everyone's details as Payees from when I had to refund the 2020 funds. If I don't I will contact you.

Saturday
$40 Winner
$20 Runner Up

Sunday
$40 Winner
$20 Runner Up

OzGolf S.A Champ
$70 Winner
$50 Runner Up
$30 Third

For Transparency here's where all the $ went:
$450 Green Fees Mount Compass
$660 Green Fees Royal Adelaide
$360 Prize Fund
Total $1470

Prize Payouts
$88 2 Doz Ball for NTP & Long Drives
$60 Day 1 Mount Compass
$60 Day 2 Royal Adelaide
$150 OzGolf S.A Championship
Total $358
Leaves $2 left over

The Lucky ones that have $ coming their way.
Marcel $40+$40+$70 = $150
Jimandr $20+$50 = $70
BobsYourUncle $30 = $30
Benje $20 =$20

wazamac
15th March 2021, 12:22 PM
Congrats to Marcel and all the daily winners.
Well done Hatchy, TC and all involved in making this possible.
Sorry about bailing early on Sunday, felt like a ton of bricks been dumped on me, kicked in the nuts and hit in the head by a sledgehammer.
Only just woken up to see the news.

DMG
15th March 2021, 12:52 PM
Sorry about bailing early on Sunday, felt like a ton of bricks been dumped on me, kicked in the nuts and hit in the head by a sledgehammer.

Thanks for organising the trophies mate... hope you're on the mend quickly!

Hatchman
15th March 2021, 01:06 PM

Must be that same ton of bricks that was dropped on my wrist Saturday.
I've got a Physio apt tomorrow. Hopefully find out what the hell I've done to it.

Grunt
15th March 2021, 01:17 PM
This is a short post to announce that I won the Long Drive prize on 18 today. It's the highlight of my long golf career.

I will make a longer post of congrats and thanks tomorrow.Welcome to the esteemed SA long drive winners club.

benno_r
15th March 2021, 01:46 PM
Congrats Terry! Finally a worthy Champion.

Hatchman
15th March 2021, 02:06 PM
Congrats marcel. About time you won it!

Congrats Terry! Finally a worthy Champion.

Bit disrespectful to the now Two Times Champion

benno_r
15th March 2021, 02:26 PM
Bit disrespectful to the now Two Times ChampionYou have to win it twice to be Worthy. Look at the 1 time winners/blow-ins to prove my point.

thecollective
15th March 2021, 02:29 PM

RA did that to me in 2019. Raised the bat that day. When the wind gets up she's a monster. There's a reason why the winning score was even par at the 98 oz open (and it wasn't just the rough)

Peppas
15th March 2021, 02:35 PM
Congrats Terry on the win!

thecollective
15th March 2021, 02:41 PM
Was anybody else shouting 'down boy' on #11 second shot?, that tail wind was tough

wazamac
15th March 2021, 02:42 PM
I raise the bat every time I play. Had all of the energy zapped out of me after about the 6th hole.

jimandr
15th March 2021, 03:29 PM
Was anybody else shouting 'down boy' on #11 second shot?, that tail wind was tough

I slightly mishit my second, it landed 40m short (not far over the waste area) and ran through the back. I also ran through the back on 1, 5 and 17 with clubs two or three less than I've ever hit there before. Strangely, I got the club selection right on the into the wind holes.

Now that I've made it home, here is my appreciation post.

First shout out is to the SA Health Dept. I told the SA guys I had received an SMS on Saturday asking me whether I'd been in some hotspots in Qld, and if I was feeling ill. Today I got another SMS asking whether I'd been in some NSW hotspots. They must think I'm a Covid Chaser, similar to storm chasers, I guess. At least it shows that someone (or some Artificial Intelligence) looks at the border declarations.

Once again, this was an excellent championships, made so by the people involved. My thanks to all, and I hope you have many more. My attendance is almost a certainty unless some world-wide emergency prevents me from attending.

I loved the conditioning of Blackwood, and particularly the fairways of Royal Adelaide. A number of times I felt I was on a putting green, not a fairway, and I thought there was no way I could hit a bad shot from a lie like this.

I thought the March date was a success, although I couldn't tell much difference with the weather. Last time I attended there was a 34 degree day followed by a strong southerly and 19 degrees for two days, and it was the same this time. I'm not fussed regarding the date. It is the SA Champs, and it is what you guys want that matters. But, as I said, the course conditions were great this time around.

coalesce
15th March 2021, 08:36 PM
Bit disrespectful to the now Two Times Champion

That was the joke!

I’ll put my hand up next time to make it clearer... :)

Hatchman
16th March 2021, 01:23 PM
Must be that same ton of bricks that was dropped on my wrist Saturday.
I've got a Physio apt tomorrow. Hopefully find out what the hell I've done to it.

Radial ulna ligament strain is the diagnosis.

thecollective
16th March 2021, 02:19 PM

you need one of those hand/thumb braces, either that or DIY strap. Youtube have some great tutorials on it

DMG
16th March 2021, 03:12 PM

Any indication on how long you're out for mate?

Hatchman
16th March 2021, 03:30 PM
Any indication on how long you're out for mate?

2-3 weeks it should be fine.

Flavzz
16th March 2021, 03:36 PM
Radial ulna ligament strain is the diagnosis. Glad it's nothing more serious mate. Rest up and keep your wrist activities to a minimum! ;)

Hatchman
16th March 2021, 04:24 PM
Glad it's nothing more serious mate. Rest up and keep your wrist activities to a minimum! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUtJBqgwNgo

Flavzz
16th March 2021, 04:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUtJBqgwNgo

King of the county!

thecollective
16th March 2021, 05:47 PM
Might require a Bryson style technique, all shoulders and arms

DMG
17th March 2021, 02:15 PM
Was anybody else shouting 'down boy' on #11 second shot?, that tail wind was toughAfter almost trickling over the edge with my 1st last time I played the 11th, I was more worried about that shot with the tail wind. As you can see, none of us had to worry though! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210317/5d9849cb437c6965d4b2eb3a66418349.jpg

Benje
17th March 2021, 10:14 PM
drive over the hill to the edge, wedge to 15 feet, holed the putt, and saluted the crowd back on the hill.

I wasn't even dreaming. Just like I used to play #11 at RA 40 years ago (albeit with a 3-wood off the te then)