PDA

View Full Version : Sold: PXG 0311 irons combo set 4-SW (+ free lob wedge)

sfdoddsy
5th February 2021, 10:48 PM
Since we couldn't spend heaps of money travelling over Xmas thanks to stupid Covid, my wife and I agreed to buy each other stupidly expensive Xmas/birthday presents.

She got diamond earrings. I got a new set of PXG irons.

Not, I hasten to add, from vastly expensive Australian sellers but direct from PXG US at 1/3 the local price.

Thus my current and much loved PXG set is surplus to requirements.

Yes, there has been much hype about PXG irons and whether they are worth the money.

I'll just point out that since I started using them a couple of years ago my handicap has dropped to its lowest point ever. At age 59.

Could be a coincidence. But they are certainly the most enjoyable clubs I've used, and I've used many.

I was kind of fitted to them at Pureform, but did the sensible thing mentioned above and bought them direct from PXG in the US.

The set is a multiple combo. The Gap and PW are standard 0311. The 9-5 iron are 0311XF. The 4 iron is the 0311x driving iron.

Shafts are also a combo. Gap to 7 iron are KBS C Taper Lite in regular flex.

6-4 are KBS TGI Tour graphite.

I bought the 56 sand wedge separately and it has a Nippon wedge shaft.

All the clubs were re-gripped and have Golf Pride mid-size Align grips.

As mentioned I've had the clubs for a couple of years. I've looked after them without going to head coverness. The G-4 have some signs of use. Less than you might expect from forged irons, but some. Grooves are still dandy.

The SW shows more signs of use and the finish is wearing near the sweet spot. Grooves are still fine.

If you want the full set, and a 58 wedge, I can chuck in either a Callaway PM Grind or a Ping Glide.

I'll post pix tomorrow.

$1200 or so would be nice.

Pick up from Surry Hills or I can ship.

sfdoddsy
6th February 2021, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately my new clubs were stolen last night, so the sale is off.

D22marshall
6th February 2021, 10:51 AM
Wtf? Man!

Ron Burgundy
6th February 2021, 10:58 AM
That sucks mate. What are the specs so we can keep an eye on gumtree etc?

Sookie1
6th February 2021, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately my new clubs were stolen last night, so the sale is off. WTF? Where were they stolen from mate? That's bullshit. Would love to hit them in the shins with a wedge.

sfdoddsy
7th February 2021, 08:50 AM
The new set has been recovered so all is good and this sale is back on again.