PDA

View Full Version : Evnroll putters - Feedback

Flavzz
5th February 2021, 04:51 PM
Looking for feedback from those who have tried or gamed these. I'm a big fan of my Rife Switchback so I'm naturally intrigued with his most recent designs, specifically the ER1.2.

Looking for feedback on as I don't think they are available locally to try in SA.
Feel: How soft are the faces? I tend to like quite a soft metal feel from the Switchback
Roll: Is the roll they give a noticeable improvement over other putters on off centre hits as per the marketing/theory?

BobsYourUncle
5th February 2021, 05:13 PM
Looking for feedback on as I don't think they are available locally to try in SA.

I'm sure I saw couple of Evnrolls in Drummond at Mile End...

AD23
5th February 2021, 05:15 PM
Great putters in my opinion. Feel/sound off the face seems to be dependent on the ball more than some other putters. I’ve had a number of people say they’ve noticed a difference with distance control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flavzz
5th February 2021, 05:23 PM
They are not on the Drummond website so I just assumed they didn't stock them. Will give them a call.

Flavzz
5th February 2021, 05:40 PM
Has anyone got one of the black painted models, any feedback on how the finish holds up over time?

Flavzz
5th February 2021, 05:40 PM
Great putters in my opinion. Feel/sound off the face seems to be dependent on the ball more than some other putters. I’ve had a number of people say they’ve noticed a difference with distance control.

Good to hear, what model do you have?

AD23
5th February 2021, 05:41 PM
Has anyone got one of the black painted models, any feedback on how the finish holds up over time?

Seems to go well if it’s looked after. I’ve seen a few where the shaft has been scratched up from the bag though

AD23
5th February 2021, 05:41 PM
Good to hear, what model do you have?

I fit with them so have covered them all

DMG
5th February 2021, 05:54 PM
I have an ER8... love it. I tested it against a Scotty M1 and just felt more solid. I've also seen some at DG Mile End.

Mishits do appear to be pretty forgiving, but not as much as is marketed by Evnroll.

Sookie1
5th February 2021, 06:29 PM
I have the red mallet ER6 I think it is. Always seem to go back to this putter when confidence is low. Got rid of all my scotty cameron crap and now only have this and a bettinardi blade. Love the feel and sets up nicely in the red with white lines.

thecollective
5th February 2021, 09:36 PM
I have an ER-2, amazing roll. The feel is a little different and takes a while to get used to. I do find that sometimes it can be a little too hot on fast greens but I am an awful putter so probably down to me.

Build quality is exceptional. As good as a Bobby Grace putter but you would expect that being made in the USA.

DMG
5th February 2021, 09:54 PM
I do find that sometimes it can be a little too hot...

Yes, agree with this. Likely when I actually pure it (very occasionally), it can shoot off the face.

Ferrins
6th February 2021, 06:54 AM
Had three and they’re crap imho.

Flavzz
6th February 2021, 10:04 AM
Had three and they’re crap imho. What didn't you like about them?

mrbluu
6th February 2021, 01:44 PM
Had three and they’re crap imho.Isn't this most putters for you?[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

thecollective
8th February 2021, 09:53 PM
Was leaving lots of putts short on the weekend. Pulled out the ER2 today at lunchtime and was rolling a treat.

Thanks for the extension Hatchy

Flavzz
8th February 2021, 10:00 PM
Was leaving lots of putts short on the weekend. Pulled out the ER2 today at lunchtime and was rolling a treat.Thanks for the extension HatchySent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Nice! Need to try one of these, although my Rife has done nothing to deserve this... Yet.

Hatchman
8th February 2021, 10:18 PM
Was leaving lots of putts short on the weekend. Pulled out the ER2 today at lunchtime and was rolling a treat.

Thanks for the extension Hatchy

Good thing you mentioned it was supposed to be 34" and I put it on the ruler to check before the small extension was cut then we doubled it to get back to what it should have been.
Q. When is a 34" Putter not a 34" Putter?
A. When someone you order a 34" Putter from makes it 33".

Benje
8th February 2021, 10:28 PM
Flavzz

a good tip I saw for rolling putts was from Gary Player.
On the practice green, hit a few long putts with left hand only, gripping down the shaft a little so the shaft butt is against your arm.
Make sure the putter head doesn't flip, ie make sure the grip doesn't want to hit your left forearm.
They will roll nicely.

Then, try two handed, making sure your left wrist doesn't break down, so it continues to lead the putter head.
No white knuckles though, just a firm grip with the left hand, and a lighter grip with the right.

Flavzz
8th February 2021, 10:47 PM
Flavzza good tip I saw for rolling putts was from Gary Player.On the practice green, hit a few long putts with left hand only, gripping down the shaft a little so the shaft butt is against your arm.Make sure the putter head doesn't flip, ie make sure the grip doesn't want to hit your left forearm.They will roll nicely.Then, try two handed, making sure your left wrist doesn't break down, so it continues to lead the putter head.No white knuckles though, just a firm grip with the left hand, and a lighter grip with the right. Appreciate the tips but TC was the one struggling with the flatstick :D

thecollective
9th February 2021, 09:05 AM
Good thing you mentioned it was supposed to be 34" and I put it on the ruler to check before the small extension was cut then we doubled it to get back to what it should have been.
Q. When is a 34" Putter not a 34" Putter?
A. When someone you order a 34" Putter from makes it 33".

I ordered the ER-2 off RND Golf on eBay. The putter ended up being supplied from the agent/wholesaler (Evnroll direct in Melbourne). I wanted it 1 degree upright as well and was supplied standard.

When I questioned the length he assured me it was 34". The red barcode stickers also said the same thing. The putter always played really short and I always seemed to be crouching down