PDA

View Full Version : Friend's looking for clubs!!

goughy
20th August 2004, 08:31 AM
A friend is looking to buy some clubs for her husband for his birthday. She only wants to spend about $400 (no bag etc, just clubs). Obviously I'm going to check ebay for her, but what can she expect to really get for that price. It dosen't sound like he's a golf nut or anything, just wanted some clubs.

She originally thought I'd just take her to a store and she'd hand over her cc for the clubs. I said for $400 'you're joking me'.

Any thoughts??

macleod
20th August 2004, 09:38 AM
full set of maxfli, pgf or anything from golfworks, easy as. no fuss, $400 they'd probably throw in some stuff anyway.

he'd want new obviously for a bday gift.

heck, buy them off the golfworks website and they'd ship for free as well as being lower prices to their store.

or go the gift voucher and let him have all the fun of picking for himself instore.

andylo
20th August 2004, 09:47 AM
Tommy Armour 845U

3oneday
20th August 2004, 10:05 AM
The Adams stuff is close to that I think...

Pete

AndyP
20th August 2004, 10:29 AM
full set of maxfli, pgf or anything from golfworks, easy as. no fuss, $400 they'd probably throw in some stuff anyway.

My brother got his clubs from GolfWorks for about $400, incl putter. Nothing special, but good clubs for a beginner.
If you go there, just mention the name "Leon the Lefty" and you may get a bargain. :wink:

damoocow
20th August 2004, 10:48 AM
If you go there, just mention the name "Leon the Lefty" and you may get a bargain.

just don't mention 'Scarface' or you'll get a belly full of lead.
damoocow

jaster
20th August 2004, 11:25 AM

My brother got his clubs from GolfWorks for about $400, incl putter. Nothing special, but good clubs for a beginner.
If you go there, just mention the name "Leon the Lefty" and you may get a bargain. :wink:

It's true ;) tell 'em "Leon the Lefty" from Toowoomba sent ya for a good deal :D

jaster
20th August 2004, 11:28 AM
If you go there, just mention the name "Leon the Lefty" and you may get a bargain.

just don't mention 'Scarface' or you'll get a belly full of lead.
damoocow

:-k :-s :smt017 You teach Drama right Moo man? I am scared ;)

McMw
20th August 2004, 12:21 PM
how abt a set of Adams Tight Lies Irons 3-Pw steel shaft (regular or stiff) for 95USD BRAND NEW + whatever shipping it is to Aus!!!
How much does that work out to un Aussie dollars???

If it's well under the 400, then perhaps 60-70USD + 45USD shipping (or cheaper if combined with the set above) for a set of Adams Tom Watson Gap/Sand/Lob BRAND NEW might be a great choice!!!

95+70+65+10 = 240USD shipped.

AndyP
20th August 2004, 02:33 PM
What about some woods, McMw :?:

McMw
20th August 2004, 03:07 PM
I bought over the last 5 days - Adams wood..
so if you go get it in one hit, this is the break down...

Adams GT 410cc driver
Adams GT 3wd
Adams GT 5wd

55+46+46+45+10+10 = 212USD Delivered
BRAND NEW!!!

But those USD46 purchases were a bit on the high side...
I've seen them go (after my bids) for as low as 36...
But I'm not fussed - I still made a bit of money from the sale... :D

Jarro
20th August 2004, 03:10 PM
you're becoming quite the Ebay nut aren't you McMw :wink: :lol:

McMw
20th August 2004, 03:10 PM
and according to my ebay excel tracking record :wink: those watson wedges did go for less than 60USD once...

so...best case scenario - driver, 3/5wd, 3-pw, gap/sand/lob NEW delivered for 407-415USD...

to me, that's a great deal...but then again, I don't have to pay tax on golf gear, so it might be a hassle for aus... :?

McMw
20th August 2004, 03:13 PM
you're becoming quite the Ebay nut aren't you McMw :wink: :lol:

you're not kidding!!! :shock:

15 purchases in the past month, 54 in the last 6, 56 in the last 12... :lol:

but hey...I'm not losing out...so I'm okay with that!!! 8)