PDA

View Full Version : Garmin S62

8081travis
9th January 2021, 09:08 AM
Anyone have this? Feedback?

My smart watch died so liking at a replacement

Flavzz
12th January 2024, 12:41 PM
Anyone have this? Feedback?My smart watch died so liking at a replacement Bumping this. Considering one atm as my Samsung watch died. Any experiences?

Flavzz
12th January 2024, 12:53 PM
Also particularly interested in how it performs in non golf related connectivity with Android phones - messages and calls etc

Flavzz
19th January 2024, 09:04 AM
Has anyone got an S60? Any impressions?

WBennett
19th January 2024, 11:14 AM
Had an S60, it died after 2 years. I liked the touch screen, didn't like the somewhat basic general functionality.

Bought a last generation Fenix, and I love it. Has heart rate monitor, sleep monitoring etc which I find useful on a day to day basis.

Only thing missing is a touch screen, but can live with that for the greater overall functionality.

WBennett
19th January 2024, 11:17 AM
I pair it up with my Android Oppo and have no issues, and it does almost everything I need golf wise and has a far better battery life. Garmin fenix® 6 Sapphire Edition Sports Watch (Carbon Grey with Black Band) - JB Hi-Fi (jbhifi.com.au) (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/garmin-fenix-6-sapphire-edition-sports-watch-carbon-grey-with-black-band?ab_version=A&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtaOtBhCwARIsAN_x-3Ia4tiO0wq2av-n7Ji2SkraOsMnJpK4rKSvZi2y409CF8jjpJMZlCgaAuRrEALw_ wcB)

Flavzz
19th January 2024, 11:42 AM
I pair it up with my Android Oppo and have no issues, and it does almost everything I need golf wise and has a far better battery life. Garmin fenix® 6 Sapphire Edition Sports Watch (Carbon Grey with Black Band) - JB Hi-Fi (jbhifi.com.au) (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/garmin-fenix-6-sapphire-edition-sports-watch-carbon-grey-with-black-band?ab_version=A&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtaOtBhCwARIsAN_x-3Ia4tiO0wq2av-n7Ji2SkraOsMnJpK4rKSvZi2y409CF8jjpJMZlCgaAuRrEALw_ wcB)

Nice one, I've come from having a Galaxy watch so trying to figure out if these sorts of watches are an equivalent replacement or more "golf only" devices.

TheTrueReview
19th January 2024, 12:38 PM
I have a Garmin fenix 6X Pro Solar Watch and the golf app works perfectly. It replaced an Approach S60 and I love the many extra features of the fenix. Battery life is exceptional. I don't miss the S60 at all. Hope this helps.

Flavzz
19th January 2024, 12:48 PM
I have a Garmin fenix 6X Pro Solar Watch and the golf app works perfectly. It replaced an Approach S60 and I love the many extra features of the fenix. Battery life is exceptional. I don't miss the S60 at all. Hope this helps.

Great feedback mate

TheTrueReview
19th January 2024, 03:19 PM
Great feedback mate

All good Flavzz. The latest series fenix is the 7 series but there are plenty of retailers still selling the fenix 6 series. It's still an awesome watch with more features than most of us will ever think of. Have a look around for the sales. JB Hi Fi is usually a good starting point. Harvey Norman is another one. Don't forget that they price match each other. JB Hi Fi will usually price-beat if you put it on them.