PDA

View Full Version : Course Guides for Download

markTHEblake
16th September 2006, 11:24 AM
I have a couple of Yardage Books for golf courses and would like to provide a copy to Ozgolfers.

Whilst they are not marked with a copyright statement, if you understand copyright laws that is not necessary. (eg all emails are copyrighted to the author). So that could become an issue down the track, but never mind everyone always gets a warning first.

The Suggestion is, Create a thread for "Yardage Books" or a Download section, but restrict the view to certain members - ie ones that are known and trusted to everybody - personally. That way the privelege wont be abused both as above and by excessive downloads. The charts i scanned are 1mb per course.

AndyP
16th September 2006, 12:52 PM
Don't know if the Goughs want 1MB downloads to the site, and not sure how to do that without affecting the attachments on the whole site, but the private forum is easy enough to set up.

goughy
16th September 2006, 03:50 PM
I'm completely stumped, but that's not new.

AndyP
16th September 2006, 04:28 PM
Not sure if the concept of an in-club sits well with me either.

Webster
17th September 2006, 06:50 AM
Blake,

I think there is merit in the idea, however may I suggest an alternative, ie some simple playing notes for each course that everyone can contribute to. You could start it off long the lines of:

"ABC Golf Course"

First hole, dogleg right par four. Prevailing wind usually against the player. The line off the tee is over the fairway bunker on the right - the carry is 220m from the blue tee. Second shot plays longer than it looks - usually 150-160m from the centre fairway postion. The worst place to miss the green is the right side as it leaves an impossible up and down etc etc. The conservative play is left off the tee then layup short leaving an easy pitch up the green and a chance to save par with a good putt.

Stuff like that is easy to print off and take with you when you play. I find it more useful than just a course plan.

Jack.