PDA

View Full Version : Coach Required

Iain
19th August 2004, 06:53 PM
After a very sad round at Brookwater today of 106... :? :( (I know it's hard, but I don't think it's that hard. :oops: ) I think it's finally time I found a swing coach. And I would like some recommendations?

I would like someone that does not teach a certain type of swing (They alter your current swing), someone that has access to video equipment and they have a proven record, whether with Tour Pro - Chris Chaplin with Scott Hend, or they have got (more than 1) amatuer's down to a low handicap? They must also be in SEQ? I don't mind travelling, but the Sunshine coast would be a bit too far?

At the moment I am leaning towards Chris Chaplin at Nudgee? Has anyone other then Eag's had lesson's with him? What did you think?

Or is there someone else that you recommend? I'm open to suggestions?

Thanks
Iain

Jarro
19th August 2004, 07:05 PM
Just give Chris a go Iain ... he's pretty cool.

I've had a lesson with him and plan to have another one next week. He seems to work with what you have and doesn't change too many things.. which i like as well 8)

plus i think he's still $35 per 1/2hour..which is pretty reasonable :wink:

Good luck.

Onewood
19th August 2004, 07:08 PM
Sorry Buddy I'm a bit busy to take you on at this stage :lol: :lol:

Iain
19th August 2004, 07:10 PM
Just give Chris a go Iain ... he's pretty cool.

I've had a lesson with him and plan to have another one next week. He seems to work with what you have and doesn't change too many things.. which i like as well 8)

plus i think he's still $35 per 1/2hour..which is pretty reasonable :wink:

Good luck.
Thanks Jarro, that's who I'm leaning too as well, because I am most likely going to join Nudgee sooner rather than later.

But it's good to have options. :lol:

Iain
19th August 2004, 07:12 PM
Sorry Buddy I'm a bit busy to take you on at this stage :lol: :lol:
Damn it, I may as well give up golf then.... :shock: :( :wink:

AndyP
19th August 2004, 07:47 PM
After a very sad round at Brookwater today of 106... :? :( (I know it's hard, but I don't think it's that hard. :oops: )
Iain, Brooky can be extremely hard if you can't find the fairways. Don't worry mate, it happens to the best of us. :oops:

I'm sure Gaz and Terry would recommend their respective coaches, as well. 8)

BrisVegas
19th August 2004, 08:23 PM
After a very sad round at Brookwater today of 106... :? :( (I know it's hard, but I don't think it's that hard. :oops: )

Iain

Sorry to hear Brooky bit you today :x ..... You should post your impressions again on MatthewM's thread so he has a fresh perspective.

Good luck with your search for a coach. I'd happily recommend Rob Nichols at Brookwater.

jaster
19th August 2004, 08:32 PM
What's a coach ;)

I think you are probably just disheartened mate after a bad round which is understandable and a few lessons are a great idea, a coach on the other hand really is not needed yet....you will spend thousands of $$ and frustrate the crap out of yourself getting someones opinion all the time when something goes wrong or you have a bad round. I think it is more important to accept that you are going to have a few bad rounds while you are practicing and improving. I have shot a few shockers this year but I know that I am putting in enough time at the course, putting green and range to improve, it's just a matter of accepting that "GOLF IS NOT A GAME OF PERFECT" ;) Very hard to do :shock: :cry:

markTHEblake
19th August 2004, 10:04 PM
I would like someone that does not teach a certain type of swing (They alter your current swing),

That sounds like Garry Calder's method to me.

Do you need reminding that you won the free lesson from Doug Kercher on the Southport classic golf day? I know its a fair drive for you but really, its only 40 mins.

McMw
19th August 2004, 11:34 PM
my ball-striking is so crap atm, I was thinking of going to see Andrew (pro @ Empire) sometime next week...

the thing is, I'm scoring okay - but hitting the ball all over the face... :roll: :roll: :roll:

played 9 yesterday - finshed +3, played 6 today - finished +1

I know that's a load of BS to some, but I'm really worried abt the ball-striking... :oops: :oops: :oops: