PDA

View Full Version : Snell golf ball

Jono
19th November 2020, 03:01 PM
Just getting back into golf after a long lay off...

I’ve been playing Pro V1x before I stopped but want to explore budget premium balls.

Anyone play the Snell ball? Which one? Much difference between MTB and MTB X?

AndyP
19th November 2020, 04:11 PM
There are quite a few good reviews in this thread:
https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/7176-Favourite-Golf-Ball./page88?highlight=snell

I used the Snell MTB-Red, and liked it, but can't comment on current models.

benno_r
19th November 2020, 05:14 PM
Just getting back into golf after a long lay off...

I’ve been playing Pro V1x before I stopped but want to explore budget premium balls.

Anyone play the Snell ball? Which one? Much difference between MTB and MTB X?Mtb-x for your power mate.

Jono
19th November 2020, 05:28 PM
Mtb-x for your power mate. Thanks Benno! Just ordered 6 dozens. BTW, I’ve lost a lot of weight so my swing speed is down a bit. I did a “Reverse Bryson” and lost 40 pounds ... 😂

Hatchman
19th November 2020, 06:15 PM
Thanks Benno! Just ordered 6 dozens. BTW, I’ve lost a lot of weight so my swing speed is down a bit. I did a “Reverse Bryson” and lost 40 pounds ... ������

A few Kitcheners will put that back on :D

Peppas
19th November 2020, 06:22 PM
I tried the mtb-x black the other day and found it not that spinny compared to a zstar. I'm guessing the normal mtb would suit me more

Jono
19th November 2020, 06:48 PM
I tried the mtb-x black the other day and found it not that spinny compared to a zstar. I'm guessing the normal mtb would suit me more Spinny with the driver as well?

benno_r
19th November 2020, 07:01 PM
I tried the mtb-x black the other day and found it not that spinny compared to a zstar. I'm guessing the normal mtb would suit me more

There are only 2 models bro. MTB-X or MTB Black.

Jono
19th November 2020, 07:01 PM
A few Kitcheners will put that back on :D Unless you’re Tony. He can eat half a dozen Kitcheners a day and not get fat. 😂

gazgolf1
20th November 2020, 04:42 PM
Got my 6 dozen the other day, love this ball for all the reasons you want in a ball and for $42 per dozen they are a bargain. I find it to play very similar to a Pro-v1X. Great review here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YSSqYvnXnw&t=6s

Jono
20th November 2020, 05:42 PM
Got my 6 dozen the other day, love this ball for all the reasons you want in a ball and for $42 per dozen they are a bargain. I find it to play very similar to a Pro-v1X. Great review here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YSSqYvnXnw&t=6s Thanks Gaz. Which one do you use?

gazgolf1
20th November 2020, 07:49 PM
thanks gaz. Which one do you use?

mtb-x

BayBum
21st November 2020, 12:12 AM
85-90 (Snell MTB-X) Vs 108 (prov1x). That's a big gap on paper.

What and where do you notice the differences and gains, Gaz ?

I'm still playing the 2019 TP5x but wouldn't mind trying something else.

Excellent in the wind but not the greatest around the greens. And durability is crap TBH.

gazgolf1
21st November 2020, 07:42 AM
85-90 (Snell MTB-X) Vs 108 (prov1x)What and where do you notice the differences and gains, Gaz ?

For me the Pro-V1x feels a little firmer around the greens and off the putter than the MTB-X but similar off the other clubs. I miss a lot of greens so I need the spin on chips and pitches. It seems long off the driver, I could probably gain a few metres using a Tour BX or TP5X but then I would miss the greenside spin. Durability is awesome too.

Ferrins
21st November 2020, 10:14 AM
Played with nudgee at Nudgee yesterday and he left at least a dozen out there.
Notables were two hooked out of bounds off the 12th tee😀😀