PDA

View Full Version : 2020 S.A Champs Sat Dinner Cancelled

Hatchman
20th October 2020, 05:23 PM
Looks like the majority are ok with Dinner at the Victory Hotel Sellicks Beach.

https://victoryhotel.com.au/

I asked for a 7pm booking but for 16 of us they couldn't do any earlier than an 8pm booking, I hope this is ok?
If that's not ok I'll need to cancel the booking and find an alternative venue for a bit earlier.

By the time we all finish our rounds, load stuff into the car it will be around 5:30 for the last group.

Please post your feelings on Dinning at this time ASAP thanks

jimandr
20th October 2020, 05:39 PM
If Lady Bay does dinner, we should stay in the club after our after golf drinks and post mortem.

By 6.30 we'll be hungry anyway, and we might get a discount.

Edit: It looks like dinner is on. I'll have a steak, I think.

https://linksladybay.com.au/bistro-menu

marcel
20th October 2020, 07:43 PM
A group from my Club stayed down there recently, said food was well below average

thecollective
20th October 2020, 08:25 PM
Smiling Samoyed don’t do dinner unless we spend 2k

Sorry Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP
20th October 2020, 08:41 PM
I checked their website and could see that they weren't even opening in the evenings, so I guess that is the cost of them staying open.

Hatchman
2nd November 2020, 07:17 PM
Any more thoughts on Saturday Night Dinner after Links Lady Bay?
Somewhere close locally after the game or would those staying some where around Adelaide prefer to have Dinner somewhere back in Adelaide?

Hard_Pan
2nd November 2020, 08:17 PM
Victory Hotel at Sellicks is nice, and on the way back to Adelaide.

Peppas
2nd November 2020, 08:25 PM
I'll go wherever TC will drive me for dinner :)

PerryGroves
2nd November 2020, 08:31 PM
Victory Hotel at Sellicks is nice, and on the way back to Adelaide.

Great place Hard Pan, we had dinner in the cellar.....superb

https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52158&stc=1

Flavzz
2nd November 2020, 08:35 PM
Victory Hotel at Sellicks is nice, and on the way back to Adelaide. I've heard about this place but never been. Looks great.

AndyP
2nd November 2020, 10:36 PM
A bunch of us are staying in the LLB area, so dinner in Adelaide wouldn't really be an option.

thecollective
2nd November 2020, 10:43 PM
Reviews are good, just make sure nobody orders king George whiting, apparently it’s sh*t (two reviews saying the same thing)

Hatchman
2nd November 2020, 10:46 PM
A bunch of us are staying in the LLB area, so dinner in Adelaide wouldn't really be an option.

Ok, this starts to narrow it down.
Less options but easier to lock something in once we can reach a consensuses on where.

Hatchman
2nd November 2020, 10:49 PM
Normanville Hotel - close to the golf course
https://normanvillehotel.com.au/

Y (https://normanvillehotel.com.au/)ankalilla Hotel - couple of minutes drive down the road
https://www.yankalillahotel.com.au/

thecollective
2nd November 2020, 11:16 PM
The victory hotel looks really interesting

AndyP
3rd November 2020, 06:55 AM
A bunch of us are staying in the LLB area, so dinner in Adelaide wouldn't really be an option.Carrickalinga to be exact.

Flavzz
3rd November 2020, 02:45 PM
Even if the food is slightly sub par I wouldn't rule out the LLB restaurant. It's certainly a nice view and place to have a post round beverage overlooking the course and sea etc.. just a thought.

thecollective
3rd November 2020, 02:56 PM
Even if the food is slightly sub par I wouldn't rule out the LLB restaurant. It's certainly a nice view and place to have a post round beverage overlooking the course and sea etc.. just a thought.

Stick to the basic food like hamburgers and pizzas, they are pretty hard to stuff up. That's what I do when I have to catch up with family at a sh*t pub

Coopers Country
3rd November 2020, 03:25 PM
Well I booked back in Adelaide as noone would say where they were staying , I will say one thing though I dont really think a burger and pizza cut it for a Champs dinner
I can have a burger or pizza any time , big steak and a nice bottle of Burge would hit the spoit though

thecollective
3rd November 2020, 04:32 PM
I agree CC and I really want to try the Victory Hotel.

But I’m also wary of other ppl’s budgets

Hatchman
3rd November 2020, 05:05 PM
I'm wary of the the meal possibility at Links Lady Bay with the opening/closing that gone on over the last 18 months and with Marcel mentioning people he knows ate there recently and said it was ordinary.

Prices at the Victory Hotel are around the same mark as the Normanville Hotel.

If saving a couple of dollars is what people want it would be the Yankalilla Hotel.

I'm happy to pick you up and drop you back from where your staying Coppers so you can have a drink.

Coopers Country
3rd November 2020, 05:27 PM
Hopefully not staying anywhere near the coppers lol , that would be greatly appreciated thanks Hatch

nadg63
3rd November 2020, 05:29 PM
Have eaten at The Victory a few times, but not lately. Used to be a superb seafood restaurant but having just looked at their current menu they seem to have moved away from that :cry:

Word of warning! Back then it always used to be booked out for weeks ahead so might want to check on that!

BUSHY
4th November 2020, 06:28 PM

And they’ve got Golden Gaytime stout in stubbies!!!![emoji3059][emoji7]

AndyP
4th November 2020, 06:37 PM
And they’ve got Golden Gaytime stout in stubbies!!!![emoji3059][emoji7]
Five beers from the Big Shed range. That's cool!
Mt Compass was good on the craft beer front when I played there too.

Coopers Country
4th November 2020, 09:16 PM
We can do that without eating there

Flavzz
4th November 2020, 09:22 PM
We can do that without eating there True. I'm not precious to where we eat so happy to roll with the crowd.

Hatchman
4th November 2020, 10:30 PM
Victory Hotel seems to be the favored spot at this stage.

I need to know exactly how many are in for Dinner on the Saturday night if I'm to book a table next week some time.
There's only 23 more days to go before the Saturday round of Champs.

14 confirmed starters for Saturday at Links Lady Bay

Peppas
4th November 2020, 10:45 PM
Im in for dinner thanks, wherever it is

thecollective
5th November 2020, 09:06 AM
In 4 dinner

BUSHY
5th November 2020, 10:05 AM
IN, BennoR/ AndyP/ Bushy/ RonBurgundy

wazamac
5th November 2020, 10:51 AM
In

Coopers Country
5th November 2020, 07:38 PM
In for sure

Hatchman
10th November 2020, 12:40 PM
Looks like the majority are ok with Dinner at the Victory Hotel.

I asked for a 7pm booking but for 16 of us they couldn't do any earlier than an 8pm booking, I hope this is ok?
If that's not ok I'll need to cancel the booking and find an alternative venue for a bit earlier.

By the time we all finish our rounds, load stuff into the car it will be around 5:30 for the last group.

Please post your feelings on Dinning at this time ASAP thanks

wazamac
10th November 2020, 12:52 PM
Picnic at the Big Buddah

thecollective
10th November 2020, 02:41 PM
Perfect dining time for me, couple of beers in the clubby at Lady Boy then onto a big feast @ Victory

I hate using the word Victory, being a reds supporter

Peppas
10th November 2020, 03:14 PM
Sounds fine to me. Finish the round, eat a few kitcheners, then dinner a few hours later.

BUSHY
10th November 2020, 07:31 PM
Gaytime Stouts for pre-dinner desert

Flavzz
10th November 2020, 07:51 PM
In for dinner

Hatchman
18th November 2020, 06:20 PM
More of a note for myself to know it's been done.

Dinner Booking for Saturday has been cancelled.

BUSHY
19th November 2020, 08:04 PM
Gaytime Stouts for pre-dinner desert

[emoji3064]

Coopers Country
19th November 2020, 09:40 PM
2 cartons of Pale Ale Big Bottles and 25 pale stubbies to get through this 6 days , lucky the bottlo's are still open LMAO
And Bushy the Ol Southwark Stout will give you a far better drink than a Gaytime