PDA

View Full Version : SA CHAMPS FRIDAY GAME *cancelled*

thecollective
20th October 2020, 10:28 AM
Please forward me your bank details (Pay ID or BSB fine) so I can refund your money.

To be refunded:

7. Coopers Country - amount ($60) to be held in advance for re-scheduled date

thecollective
20th October 2020, 10:34 AM
If I have left anyone out, just let me know on this thread and I will add you to the list....

Ferrins
20th October 2020, 11:03 AM
I'm a pencil atm

BUSHY
20th October 2020, 11:12 AM
I’m in.

benno_r
20th October 2020, 11:18 AM
Sounds good, I am now 70% for this.

AndyP
20th October 2020, 11:36 AM
I'm pretty much in. I'm likely to book a Virgin flight that arrives in Adelaide at 12:05p on the Friday. I'd appreciate a lift as well, TC, if I don't hire my own car. I'm hoping I can team together with the other guys for transport, accommodation, etc, but Bushy/Benno are looking at a Thursday arrival, which is a push for me.

thecollective
20th October 2020, 11:41 AM
I'm pretty much in. I'm likely to book a Virgin flight that arrives in Adelaide at 12:05p on the Friday. I'd appreciate a lift as well, TC, if I don't hire my own car. I'm hoping I can team together with the other guys for transport, accommodation, etc, but Bushy/Benno are looking at a Thursday arrival, which is a push for me.

If you stay at Lady Bay your travel will be covered. I will be staying about 20 mins away from Lady Bay so can take you to RA on the Sunday plus I have big car with plenty of room for two others. Worked a treat last year

BobsYourUncle
20th October 2020, 11:48 AM
I'm waiting to confirm some family stuff before I can lock myself in for this, but I'm fairly confident (75%?). Don't include me in any dinner bookings.

AndyP
20th October 2020, 11:52 AM
If you stay at Lady Bay your travel will be covered.
$647 for one person, is too much for me, so I'll wait and see what others are doing.

thecollective
20th October 2020, 11:55 AM
$647 for one person, is too much for me, so I'll wait and see what others are doing.

wowzers! Didn't think it was that much! I get offers all the time on email that are like $300 for the weekend

thecollective
20th October 2020, 11:57 AM

Let me know how you go, I might have an alternative for you

Courty
20th October 2020, 04:44 PM
If I can make the trip I'll be travelling with Bushy, so pencil me in for this as well.

Coopers Country
20th October 2020, 04:55 PM
Well I am happy to ferry people as well if I bring the Pootrol I have room for tons of gear and can comfortably fit 3 players or 4 with 3 in the back seat
I have to stay somewhere for the 3 nights so happy to be where every one else is
Last year Bootsy and I stayed at the Bay Hotel Motel , nothing flash but pretty well located

nadg63
20th October 2020, 05:11 PM
As posted in the other thread:

Not sure how it works logistically but I'd reckon on New Terry/Wirrina Cove having cheap accommodation rates than Lady Bay!?

Coopers Country
20th October 2020, 05:27 PM
I am in for MC and as i said can fit a few and gear in

jimandr
20th October 2020, 05:31 PM
If the politicians of Qld let me leave NSW, if the pollies of SA let me in, and if the pollies of Qld and NSW let me return, I'll be in for this game, and for dinner afterwards.

thecollective
20th October 2020, 07:28 PM
Jim: can you fly to Canberra from Ballina?

Canberra is a green flag into sa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wazamac
21st October 2020, 07:06 AM
In for the Friday

BobsYourUncle
21st October 2020, 08:50 AM
You can lock me in now too. No dinner booking for me though.

Peppas
21st October 2020, 09:54 AM
So is the Kitchener cup back on???

thecollective
21st October 2020, 02:42 PM
to be confirmed

nadg63
21st October 2020, 02:42 PM

That will happen, maybe incorporated into the Saturday round as per last year!?

Peppas
21st October 2020, 03:17 PM
Good point, yankalilla is only just up the road from the sat venue

AndyP
21st October 2020, 03:21 PM
I'm in. I just have to do my bookings, etc.

1. TC
2. Marcel
3. Peppas
4. David L
5. Nudgee
6. Ploppy Pat
7. Bushy
8. Waza
9. RonB
10. Coopers Country
11. BYU
12. AndyP

Ferrins (pencil)
Jim (pencil)
Benno (dark pencil)
Courty (pencil)

Hatchman
21st October 2020, 03:54 PM

Kitchener Cup was never not on.
Will always be part of the Saturday Round starting from last year hence why the the wining score is the Stableford average of the sides.
I'll make a call to the Yank Bakery and see if they call fill and hold an order for pickup on the way through.

Peppas
21st October 2020, 04:32 PM
This is the greatest

Ferrins
21st October 2020, 05:18 PM
99% sure Pat and Jamie are out

Hatchman
21st October 2020, 05:29 PM
99% sure Pat and Jamie are out

Is that just out for the Friday or out for the whole weekend?

Ferrins
21st October 2020, 05:38 PM
All

Hatchman
21st October 2020, 05:41 PM
All

Ok, thanks

AndyP
21st October 2020, 07:23 PM
They must have liked it more as a boutique event and not the mass-attended event that it is now.

coalesce
21st October 2020, 08:53 PM
I’m as pencil for this as I am for the main shindig

Benje
22nd October 2020, 05:55 AM
Mt Compass Friday - pencil please

thecollective
22nd October 2020, 07:52 AM
Now that we have good numbers for Friday im thinking we should do more than just a 'warmup' game

Open to suggestions, fire away.

Matchplay?, PAR (format is growing on me), Scramble Team Score?, can I steal the Vic champs 'keep the yellow ball in play' idea?

wazamac
22nd October 2020, 08:36 AM
Participation certificate

thecollective
22nd October 2020, 09:57 AM
Participation certificate

Lagerlover not present so no chance of that happening

BobsYourUncle
22nd October 2020, 12:55 PM
Matchplay might be interesting. Or a 2-ball ambrose, trying to match up high & low handicappers?

AndyP
22nd October 2020, 01:39 PM
What would be the end goal of matchplay, unless it was for teams?

BobsYourUncle
22nd October 2020, 01:41 PM
What would be the end goal of matchplay, unless it was for teams?

Yeah, you'd have two teams, which would rely on (roughly) equal numbers.

I'm also happy to just play socially and enjoy the course :)

BUSHY
22nd October 2020, 01:42 PM
Do we have enough for SA vs the Rest?

wazamac
22nd October 2020, 01:53 PM
6 SA v 5 Inters at the moment.

Could just do an average of PAR or Stableford between visitors and SA.
We had matchplay for the very first Kitcheners cup but an ambrose sounds interesting.
Keeping in mind some of the guys would like to play the course on their own merits.

BobsYourUncle
22nd October 2020, 02:15 PM
Keeping in mind some of the guys would like to play the course on their own merits.

Which is a strong argument for not doing anything too fancy - e.g., keep it as stab/par with average scores.

Ferrins
22nd October 2020, 02:51 PM
Still have the scar from the nearest the pins in 2016

thecollective
22nd October 2020, 03:31 PM
When I played Vic Champs they had a money ball that you had to keep in play till the end per team.

The score was then tabulated based on who was playing it for that hole.

It was a great challenge and would be daunting on a course like Compass.

I suggest simple Stab then perhaps the money ball challenge per 4 ball team

Prize for individual winner (sleeve of balls) and team

Courty
22nd October 2020, 04:28 PM
When I played Vic Champs they had a money ball that you had to keep in play till the end per team.

The score was then tabulated based on who was playing it for that hole.

It was a great challenge and would be daunting on a course like Compass.

I suggest simple Stab then perhaps the money ball challenge per 4 ball team

Prize for individual winner (sleeve of balls) and team

We just call it Team Ball.

It's a format I stole from the Wednesday of the City of Cairns week.

thecollective
22nd October 2020, 05:48 PM
We just call it Team Ball.

It's a format I stole from the Wednesday of the City of Cairns week.

I don't feel so bad now copying Vic Champs

I feel like its a winner, team ball + individual stab, I will check with the club to see if they have or can put a comp on for us

marcel
23rd October 2020, 07:25 PM
DavidL and myself for dinner thanks tc

thecollective
23rd October 2020, 09:57 PM
DavidL and myself for dinner thanks tc

Sounds good to me #Porchetta&Riesling

thecollective
24th October 2020, 10:58 AM
Greens were cored early this week, hence they should be perfect by end of November

Here is some footage of the course

https://www.instagram.com/stories/mountcompassgolfcourse/2426053232864657828/

thecollective
26th October 2020, 06:46 PM
re: Numbers and dinner. I will take a count on November 1 and then call the club to (hopefully) negotiate a deal. Rest assured I have already booked 3 groups

re: Dinner, could all participants please confirm by Nov 1 so I can firm this up as well

Last minute additions are ok I just need a general grasp of numbers.

BUSHY
27th October 2020, 12:28 PM
re: Numbers and dinner. I will take a count on November 1 and then call the club to (hopefully) negotiate a deal. Rest assured I have already booked 3 groups

re: Dinner, could all participants please confirm by Nov 1 so I can firm this up as well

Last minute additions are ok I just need a general grasp of numbers.

I know of the following for golf and dinner.

Bushy
BennoR
Ron Burgundy
AndyP

thecollective
27th October 2020, 12:34 PM
I know of the following for golf and dinner.

Bushy
BennoR
Ron Burgundy
AndyP

Top Stuff, thanks for confirming!

Coopers Country
27th October 2020, 12:51 PM
I am in for dinner if any interstaters need a lift to Mt Compass from the city or back to the city after I can fit 3 or 4 guys and the same to Lady Bay and back the next day

wazamac
27th October 2020, 01:13 PM
I'm in for Yum Yums.
And dinner after also

Peppas
27th October 2020, 02:51 PM
Ill also be in for dinner

thecollective
27th October 2020, 02:53 PM
thanks for confirming guys.

BobsYourUncle
27th October 2020, 04:04 PM
I'm looking awfully lonely as the only one not having dinner - funnily enough I will be having dinner at the course, but with my wife, so we're probably going to get our own table. Hope that doesn't offend anyone :)

wazamac
27th October 2020, 04:10 PM
I'm looking awfully lonely as the only one not having dinner - funnily enough I will be having dinner at the course, but with my wife, so we're probably going to get our own table. Hope that doesn't offend anyone :)

Its been done before at Mount Compass

Peppas
27th October 2020, 07:36 PM
I'm looking awfully lonely as the only one not having dinner - funnily enough I will be having dinner at the course, but with my wife, so we're probably going to get our own table. Hope that doesn't offend anyone :) Ouch!! Hahaha

AndyP
27th October 2020, 07:59 PM
I'll travel all that way, and you won't even have dinner with me. Wow!

thecollective
27th October 2020, 08:17 PM
Its been done before at Mount Compass

Minister was @ it again #funpolice

thecollective
28th October 2020, 10:28 AM
I have booked/provisioned 16 places for dinner @ 6:30PM

I have set the green and comp fee @ $60, if we reach 16 ppl there is a discount of green fee but I won't rely on this so in the event of it happening I will bolster the prize pool (using the buffer in discounted green fee).

Hatchman
28th October 2020, 12:28 PM
I might be able to attend this yet. Light Pencil for now.
I'm on dayshift that week so if I can finish at 12-12:30 I can go straight from work to the course.
On the above discussion eating with the other half it may be on the cards again if I end up going as the Minister will more than likely make the trip to see her friend that lives near the course again.

Peppas
28th October 2020, 12:46 PM
Sweet BYU and you will start the SA WAGs club

Hatchman
28th October 2020, 12:56 PM
Sweet BYU and you will start the SA WAGs club

I'd rather take my girlfriend.

benno_r
28th October 2020, 01:26 PM
Is there any plans for a stop at the Mt Compass bakery? Just to confirm the kitcheners there aren't up to the Yankalilla standard.

thecollective
28th October 2020, 01:47 PM
No kitchener buns for the Friday (although Peppas wants a pitstop so perhaps Vili's in the city) but for Saturday surely we will source them from the Yank bakery

thecollective
28th October 2020, 01:51 PM
I might be able to attend this yet. Light Pencil for now.
I'm on dayshift that week so if I can finish at 12-12:30 I can go straight from work to the course.
On the above discussion eating with the other half it may be on the cards again if I end up going as the Minister will more than likely make the trip to see her friend that lives near the course again.

I can put you in the last group, tee off would probably be around 2:30 giving you a bit of extra buffer

Peppas
28th October 2020, 02:08 PM
No kitchener buns for the Friday (although Peppas wants a pitstop so perhaps Vili's in the city) but for Saturday surely we will source them from the Yank bakery I hate to say this but mt compass kitcheners were way better than vilis

thecollective
28th October 2020, 02:09 PM
I hate to say this but mt compass kitcheners were way better than vilis

Provided its not Yankalilla (other side of the Pen.) you can send me to any bakery you like on the way up Willunga Hill

benno_r
28th October 2020, 02:20 PM
I hate to say this but mt compass kitcheners were way better than vilisYou better get both to confirm that's still the case though.

Peppas
28th October 2020, 02:21 PM
Provided its not Yankalilla (other side of the Pen.) you can send me to any bakery you like on the way up Willunga Hill Nah its around the corner from the course so we will be sweet!

Coopers Country
28th October 2020, 03:26 PM
Villis would have to be base level , any bakery Kitchener should be better , I will be passing a few really good bakeries on the way Kiplings at Port Wakefield , dare I say JM Deli at Port Augusta and a couple of others , might see if I can get a selection of regional SA Kitcheners on the way

benno_r
28th October 2020, 03:38 PM
Villis would have to be base level , any bakery Kitchener should be better , I will be passing a few really good bakeries on the way Kiplings at Port Wakefield , dare I say JM Deli at Port Augusta and a couple of others , might see if I can get a selection of regional SA Kitcheners on the wayI am sure the over aboundance of cream at Mount Compass will be in Peppas pants if you do that.

Hatchman
28th October 2020, 03:49 PM
I can put you in the last group, tee off would probably be around 2:30 giving you a bit of extra buffer

That will help as I'll need to get changed at the Golf Club. Can't do that at work as I'll be telling a little porkie to ensure the early minute.

thecollective
28th October 2020, 03:57 PM
Villis would have to be base level , any bakery Kitchener should be better , I will be passing a few really good bakeries on the way Kiplings at Port Wakefield , dare I say JM Deli at Port Augusta and a couple of others , might see if I can get a selection of regional SA Kitcheners on the way

CC: unless you have a good Esky not sure what the quality will be like by the time you arrive and play Mount Compass

thecollective
28th October 2020, 04:01 PM
I am sure the over aboundance of cream at Mount Compass will be in Peppas pants if you do that.

Fresh cream in a Kitchener = serious gut ache.

A light mock cream but as above im not really a Kitchener connoisseur

Hatchman
28th October 2020, 04:01 PM
CC: unless you have a good Esky not sure what the quality will be like by the time you arrive and play Mount Compass

Double Cooly bags in an esky with a few ice packs had them traveling across 3 states for N.S.W Champs :D

benno_r
28th October 2020, 04:04 PM
Double Cooly bags in an esky with a few ice packs had them traveling across 3 states for N.S.W Champs :D#notforgotten

Coopers Country
28th October 2020, 05:47 PM
Seriously you are asking if I have a good esky? I was thinking the car fridge would do the job lol
fresh cream has no part being there

thecollective
28th October 2020, 05:57 PM
Seriously you are asking if I have a good esky? I was thinking the car fridge would do the job lol
fresh cream has no part being there

Boys from the bush, back in town

coalesce
28th October 2020, 07:29 PM
Is there any plans for a stop at the Mt Compass bakery? Just to confirm the kitcheners there aren't up to the Yankalilla standard.

Not wanting to complicate things but there is more than one bakery in Mt Compass

BUSHY
29th October 2020, 06:23 AM
Not wanting to complicate things but there is more than one bakery in Mt Compass

This is getting out of control!!!!

Peppas
29th October 2020, 06:56 AM
Not wanting to complicate things but there is more than one bakery in Mt Compass Are you sure? There was only one when I visited last year... or maybe the other one didn't have kitcheners

coalesce
29th October 2020, 07:33 AM
Are you sure? There was only one when I visited last year... or maybe the other one didn't have kitcheners

I haven’t been there in a while but the same stretch of shops definitely used to have more than 1. Google maps does say 1 is permanently closed now tho

Peppas
29th October 2020, 07:59 AM
Yeah pretty sure the first time I went to Mt compass I checked both bakeries and one didn't sell them so that one probably closed down due to not getting Kitchener business

thecollective
29th October 2020, 08:00 AM
I haven’t been there in a while but the same stretch of shops definitely used to have more than 1. Google maps does say 1 is permanently closed now tho

Go back to your ozgolf slumber

Hatchman
30th October 2020, 11:54 AM
I'm a locked in for this now.
Yes I'll be doing it again, sorry everyone.
I'll be dinning with the Minister and her friends family for Dinner. Table is already booked.

thecollective
30th October 2020, 12:26 PM
I need 4 more confirmed to make this event awesome, come on ppl, Flavzz, Nadg im starting @ you!

Flavzz
30th October 2020, 01:58 PM
I need 4 more confirmed to make this event awesome, come on ppl, Flavzz, Nadg im starting @ you! Already got my leave pass for the Sat and Sunday so no can do for the Friday TC.

nadg63
30th October 2020, 02:29 PM
I need 4 more confirmed to make this event awesome, come on ppl, Flavzz, Nadg im starting @ you!

Not a chance, I have Adelaide Rally commitments that week.

thecollective
5th November 2020, 10:29 AM
Please refer to updated OP for payment details. If everyone could pretty please confirm attendance with payment by Friday 20th November that would be great along with your golflink number (please PM me details)

Im a cashless person so electronic payment is strongly preferred

Any questions hit me up on PM or post below...

wazamac
5th November 2020, 10:37 AM
13.5 was my last Hcp

AndyP
5th November 2020, 11:08 AM
Transfer done. Golflink is 4010320061. It looks like I will have two Mount Compass rounds in my golflink at the same time.

thecollective
5th November 2020, 11:53 AM
Transfer done. Golflink is 4010320061. It looks like I will have two Mount Compass rounds in my golflink at the same time.

Off the back will be a tad harder than last time, 200 metre Par 3 #14 plus a big carry over the dam @ #12 (think Kooralbyn #17). Certainly will not be wanting the team ball on that hole!

AndyP
5th November 2020, 12:24 PM
Off the back will be a tad harder than last time, 200 metre Par 3 #14 plus a big carry over the dam @ #12 (think Kooralbyn #17). Certainly will not be wanting the team ball on that hole!
It was pretty hard last time using Hatchy's clubs.

benno_r
5th November 2020, 02:35 PM
Transfer done - golflink 4141201484

wazamac
5th November 2020, 04:45 PM
Is this just your standard account used for christmas skins game?

Peppas
5th November 2020, 09:30 PM
Money sent, double bungers for me soon too - 2021713062

Hatchman
5th November 2020, 09:58 PM
It was pretty hard last time using Hatchy's clubs.

Peppas won his Grade in the Kapunda Open with same clubs, just saying :wink:

Hatchman
6th November 2020, 12:17 AM
Transfer done

wazamac
6th November 2020, 07:06 AM
Paid

AndyP
6th November 2020, 07:39 AM
Peppas won his Grade in the Kapunda Open with same clubs, just saying :wink:
He's a champion player, especially in matchplay.

thecollective
6th November 2020, 08:09 AM
Is this just your standard account used for christmas skins game?

No I have created a separate savings account for the RA joining fee and so far had $3.77 in it :roll: (long way to go), so im using it as a separate account to collect the money and then pay the club (well, to be honest pay back my credit card so I get max points)

The great thing with PayID's now is you can point them at any account you choose and then change it later

BUSHY
8th November 2020, 10:21 PM
Paid.

thecollective
9th November 2020, 09:31 PM
with Jim and Benje to be confirmed would need two more players to make it a full house...

You coming Ferrins? PeteRS? Courty?

BobsYourUncle
10th November 2020, 08:16 AM
So how does team ball work? What are the rules?

thecollective
10th November 2020, 08:38 AM
So how does team ball work? What are the rules?

There will be one coloured ball for each team (revealed on day, each ball will have distinctive markings) you must nominate someone to play the ball for that hole. The score is counted relative to the players Stableford score (including shots, more on that below) and is recorded on a team score card.

(as a player) You must be nominated at least 4 times per round. This is in a team of 4. My hope is we will have 16 players

If the ball is lost it is game over for the team. You may recover the ball from the water if you can find it, good luck with that one :D

Im also going to add a local rule that the ball must be holed and cannot be picked up for a wipe + the score must be counted relative to shots / regardless of zero Stableford score, this is to stop the potential of picking up to avoid dangerous shots (plenty of those at MC) and to aid the process in a count back for a tie (based on shots not a double bunger stableford score as an extreme example).

All the above is not completely set in stone yet so will confirm everything on the Monday of champs week in the OP.

As my namesake suggests, I am always open to suggestions + if I have left out any other rules please let me know. The goal of this day is to make it as fun and challenging as possible. A few of us have already dipped into our own pockets to make this event fruitful and worthwhile. All to be revealed

BobsYourUncle
10th November 2020, 12:13 PM
Sounds like fun. I can see how that'd change your shot selection off the tee on some holes (like the 6th).

Hatchman
10th November 2020, 02:02 PM
Sounds like fun. I can see how that'd change your shot selection off the tee on some holes (like the 6th).

Why?
My advice to anyone in my group would be to play the hole exactly the same as you would on your own.
You screw it..............no big deal. We have a laugh about it and move on.
I liken it to straight out four ball games. Never say sorry for hitting a bad shot leaving your partner in a crap spot. It happens so why would it be any different just because it's a team game.

Peppas
10th November 2020, 02:13 PM
Best thing to do for your team is to lose the ball on the first hole. Then the rest of the round is stress free. Think about it :)

Hatchman
10th November 2020, 02:54 PM
Best thing to do for your team is to lose the ball on the first hole. Then the rest of the round is stress free. Think about it :)

That's easily possible on the 1st at Mount Compass. Yank one a bit left and there's a lot of big yum yums.

thecollective
10th November 2020, 03:22 PM

Lefty's strategy @ Kingston Beach :mrgreen:

Hatchman
10th November 2020, 03:37 PM
Lefty's strategy @ Kingston Beach :mrgreen:

Sounds very Linksy.

Ron Burgundy
10th November 2020, 03:52 PM
That's easily possible on the 1st at Mount Compass. Yank one a bit left and there's a lot of big yum yums. Then the following group can find that lost ball and have a spare. Worked for us at Heywood this year.

thecollective
10th November 2020, 04:05 PM
Then the following group can find that lost ball and have a spare. Worked for us at Heywood this year.

Each ball will be uniquely coded and set to its respective group

Flavzz
10th November 2020, 04:09 PM
Each ball will be uniquely coded and set to its respective group

TC will microchip each ball, each team will have their own video crew, match referee and 3rd umpire. Standard.

thecollective
10th November 2020, 04:16 PM
TC will microchip each ball, each team will have their own video crew, match referee and 3rd umpire. Standard.

how did you know?

BUSHY
10th November 2020, 06:30 PM
Then the following group can find that lost ball and have a spare. Worked for us at Heywood this year.

That was my ball a$$hole!!

Ron Burgundy
10th November 2020, 07:48 PM
That was my ball a$$hole!! Thought you’d like that! We didn’t even need it in the end.

thecollective
14th November 2020, 08:37 PM
With Jim confirmed and Benje likely, I need two more.

Just two, I promise you will have a good time

Come @ me Ferrins!

Peppas
14th November 2020, 09:43 PM
What about coalesce??

coalesce
14th November 2020, 10:08 PM
What about coalesce??

Let’s see how my return to golf goes tomorrow first..

Peppas
15th November 2020, 03:30 PM
Let’s see how my return to golf goes tomorrow first.. So youre in now right

coalesce
15th November 2020, 03:38 PM
So youre in now right

If I can arrange the afternoon off yes but that’s not a given

Peppas
15th November 2020, 04:17 PM
If I can arrange the afternoon off yes but that’s not a given See you there buddy :)

Benje
16th November 2020, 10:00 AM
I'm out for this Friday event.

I have had a significant dental appointment moved from the Monday to this Friday. :(

Benje

Benje
16th November 2020, 10:01 AM
blank