PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tour clothing: Pushing the fashion boundaries at club level

Chilled
11th October 2020, 06:13 PM
When do I get to wear fashion at my local club like they do on the tour? Namely hoodies, "tracky" style pants and collarless shirts.

Golf can still be progressive without losing it's traditional values.

Ron Burgundy
11th October 2020, 06:38 PM
Dress regulations are the single dumbest thing about golf. Just about anything goes at my local. Jeans, hoodies, t shirts etc. Hopefully more clubs start doing similar.

markTHEblake
11th October 2020, 06:47 PM
The pros make that fashion look cool. Overweight unfit fat ... blokes wearing that make the joint look like a gold coast caravan park in june.

Chilled
11th October 2020, 07:09 PM
The pros make that fashion look cool.Patrick Reed would like a word with you on this one.

thecollective
11th October 2020, 07:13 PM
Good luck getting that over the line @ Kooey Chilled.

Actually my home club used to be uber strict with dress code (like a tier 1) that is until Drummond took over the pro shop and they pocketed a tonne of pennant players from Highercombe

I saw trackie dacks on the driving range the other day - good to see ppl are coming to their senses, all we need now is flannies with the Winnie Blues in the front pocket

Chilled
11th October 2020, 07:24 PM
I profess it's probably not going to happen at my club. But certainly if you can prove these attires are golfing gear as advertised then surely there is an argument to be able to wear them. I would love to attempt to push the boundaries but I fear when I rock on a saturday with a collarless shirt I'd be told I can't play.

I always liked the Nike AeroReact shirts, but super expensive (over $100Au when I checked) so I passed. But if I had bought one I would have been tempted to try it on at the club.

thecollective
11th October 2020, 08:23 PM
I’m fine with the hoodie and the Nike shirts provided they are not those ugly v neck basketball style tops.

There still needs to be a line though IMO for private clubs. The day we allow Fubu homeboy clothing is the day I give up the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferrins
12th October 2020, 06:58 AM
Like the food court at Costco😀

3Puttpete
12th October 2020, 12:46 PM
I’m fine with the hoodie and the Nike shirts provided they are not those ugly v neck basketball style tops.There still needs to be a line though IMO for private clubs. The day we allow Fubu homeboy clothing is the day I give up the game.Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkApart from a sense of superiority and the ability to exclude people, what does a dress code provide?

thecollective
12th October 2020, 12:49 PM
Apart from a sense of superiority and the ability to exclude people, what does a dress code provide?

Im not going down this rabbit hole 3PP. Im all for a relaxed set of rules but there needs to be line somewhere. Jeans and t-shirts get the tick from me. Poo pants and bling another story

Johnny Canuck
12th October 2020, 06:35 PM
Im not going down this rabbit hole 3PP. Im all for a relaxed set of rules but there needs to be line somewhere. Jeans and t-shirts get the tick from me. Poo pants and bling another story

Bling?

So the ladies can’t wear jewellery?

Chilled
12th October 2020, 07:40 PM
Poo pants and bling another storyHmmmmm, Poo pants?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY6_jpxi-j4

3oneday
12th October 2020, 07:59 PM
Apart from a sense of superiority and the ability to exclude people, what does a dress code provide?and etiquette is optional as well?

Ron Burgundy
12th October 2020, 08:08 PM
and etiquette is optional as well? Of course not. They’re not linked. Wearing a t shirt doesn’t make you play any slower or prevent you repairing pitch marks.

Ron Burgundy
12th October 2020, 08:11 PM
Im not going down this rabbit hole 3PP. Im all for a relaxed set of rules but there needs to be line somewhere. Jeans and t-shirts get the tick from me. Poo pants and bling another story Poo pants? Are you volunteer to check if the old birds are wearing depends?

thecollective
12th October 2020, 11:15 PM
Obviously an SA term not shared on the eastern seaboard.

Poo pants = baggy Fubu jeans mc hammer style

They are called poo pants as they are so baggy some ppl reckon they are designed to catch turds

thecollective
12th October 2020, 11:17 PM
Bling?

So the ladies can’t wear jewellery?

[emoji235]

Dotty
13th October 2020, 08:40 AM
Apart from a sense of superiority and the ability to exclude people, what does a dress code provide?
A litmus test for detecting those who may not abide by the Rules of Golf out on the course.

flathook
13th October 2020, 04:25 PM
A litmus test for detecting those who may not abide by the Rules of Golf out on the course.
Nicely dressed people don't do wrong things? Despots and sociopaths are often impeccably dressed.

BUSHY
13th October 2020, 05:32 PM

Like a story a mate once told about a client he was defending, it was a DUI charge and he turned up in footy shorts, thongs and a torn Bundaberg Rum T-Shirt.

Suffice to say the judge was probably impressed by this move.

markTHEblake
13th October 2020, 09:33 PM
When do I get to wear fashion at my local club like they do on the tour? Namely hoodies, "tracky" style pants and collarless shirts.
Golf can still be progressive without losing it's traditional values.

You started of objecting you cant wear tracky pants, which are truly objectionable, i wouldnt even wear them to put the bin out, and then it becomes the idea you cant wear the latest golf shirts by Nike?
big difference between the two.

not sure what are you really suggesting? :)

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2020, 12:37 AM
Why can’t you wear a hoodie? I’ve seen plenty of rain jackets with hoods.

Hoods for rain ok, warmth not ok?

Dotty
14th October 2020, 07:12 AM
Why can’t you wear a hoodie? I’ve seen plenty of rain jackets with hoods.

Hoods for rain ok, warmth not ok?
A balaklava would be warmer than a hoodie.

Webster
14th October 2020, 08:20 AM
It appears you can wear a hoodie at Royal Melbourne, just so long as you cover up all your visible tattoos.

https://www.royalmelbourne.com.au/cms/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/DRESS%20CODE.pdf

pt73
14th October 2020, 09:58 AM
It appears you can wear a hoodie at Royal Melbourne, just so long as you cover up all your visible tattoos.

https://www.royalmelbourne.com.au/cms/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/DRESS%20CODE.pdf
And the tattoos rule applies to both men and women ............ no discrimination there.

pt73
14th October 2020, 10:03 AM
A few years ago a member arrived at Royal Sydney with his partner who didn't play golf.

She decided to swim and sunbake by the pool while he was on the course but decided it was better to sunbake topless.

After a complaint she was taken into the clubhouse while her partner was located on the course and returned to the clubhouse.

Not sure if he's still a member ........

Webster
14th October 2020, 10:57 AM
And the tattoos rule applies to both men and women ............ no discrimination there.

Would be difficult to police the visible tramp stamps on the 60yrs old ladies without causing quite the ruckus I'd imagine...

thecollective
14th October 2020, 01:48 PM
A few years ago a member arrived at Royal Sydney with his partner who didn't play golf.

She decided to swim and sunbake by the pool while he was on the course but decided it was better to sunbake topless.

After a complaint she was taken into the clubhouse while her partner was located on the course and returned to the clubhouse.

Not sure if he's still a member ........

Did he get the cane from the captain? Wonder what would happen if someone threw a Picnic into the pool (ala Caddyshack)

pt73
14th October 2020, 05:07 PM
Did he get the cane from the captain? Wonder what would happen if someone threw a Picnic into the pool (ala Caddyshack)
Nope just a reminder of his responsibilities as a member although I was told the CCTV footage was worth a look ........ :-)

thecollective
14th October 2020, 05:13 PM
Nope just a reminder of his responsibilities as a member although I was told the CCTV footage was worth a look ........ :-)

oh indeed good sir, one must curve those intrepid desires in ones wife

Im sure the footage stands for pleasant viewing in the gentleman's quarters

Courty
14th October 2020, 09:38 PM

https://www.royalmelbourne.com.au/cms/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/DRESS CODE.pdf

Hoodies were allowed at Commonwealth GC back in 2010. ;)

Solarman was years ahead of his time.

Webster
15th October 2020, 07:44 AM
Hoodies were allowed at Commonwealth GC back in 2010. ;)

Solarman was years ahead of his time.

Indeed, what a memorable day in so many ways. The lost wallet though was a highlight, as was the match result on the day!

Courty
15th October 2020, 05:51 PM
Indeed, what a memorable day in so many ways. The lost wallet though was a highlight, as was the match result on the day!

"Take your normal stance" :lol: