Hatchman
29th September 2020, 11:16 AM
Update 18th November
2020 OzGolf S.A Officially Cancelled 18th November

2020 OzGolf S.A Champs November 28th & 29th

Saturday 28th November - Links Lady Bay 12:30 start

Sunday 29th November - Royal Adelaide 1:00 start

The format for both games will be individual Stableford
The S.A Oz Golf Championship will be over both days. Winner will be the highest combined Stabelford Scores over both days.

Saturdays round will incorporate the Kitchener Cup - Team Schnit (visitors) v Team Kitchener (locals). Winning team will have the highest average of the combined Stableford scores for each Team.

Royal Adelaide has verbally given the ok for an extra group now capping us to 24 players

Cost for the 2 rounds as follows
$70 for links Lady Bay (Green Fees + an amount for prizes)
$140 for Royal Adelaide (Green Fees + an amount for prizes,)(there is a cost scale with this one as after a certain number of members guests the cost to play increases a bit so an average cost has been calculated to share the load)

Venue for Dinner on Saturday Night is yet to be decided.
Note: Saturday dinner is NOT included in the costs listed above and table below. That is a pay for your meal on the night.

Name
LLB
RA
Sat
Dinner
$ Total
$ Paid
$ Owing
Notes
Refund Sent

Marcel
Y
Y

$70
$70
$0
RA member - Paid
transferred to Marcel 20/11

Benje
Y
Y

$70
$70
$0
RA member - Paid
transferred to Marcel 20/11

DavidL
Y
Y

$70
$70
$0
RA Member - Paid
$210 transferred 20/11

Hatchman
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid

BobsYourUncle
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid
$210 transferred 18/11

Flavzz
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid
$210 transferred 19/11

Thecollective
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid
$210 transferred 18/11

Wazamac
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid

Coopers Country
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid

Peppers
Y
Y

$210
$230
$0
Paid
$230 transferred 19/11

Benno_r
Y
Y

$70
$70
$0
RQ Recip - Paid
$70 transferred to Bushy as requested 18/11

Bushy
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid
$280 transferred 18/11

AndyP
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid
$210 transferred 18/11

Ron Burgundy
Y
Y

$70
$70
$0
RH Recip - Paid
$70 transferred 25/11

Jimandr
Y
Y

$210
$210
$0
Paid
$210 transferred 18/11

BobsYourUncle
29th September 2020, 11:23 AM
In (obviously).

Maybe Blackwood as a backup for RA? Although you'd like the chances of restrictions relaxing by then.

Flavzz
29th September 2020, 11:41 AM
In for both days. I like the Blackwood option as a backup.

thecollective
29th September 2020, 11:46 AM
In for sure

Might be a good idea to keep it region based with Blackwood being not too far from Mount Compass OR even Lady Bay or Victor Harbor as a 3rd option

We could also have a skins game at McCrappin on the Friday

Hatchman
29th September 2020, 02:05 PM
Blackwood a very good plan B option.
Only draw back there is getting in at very short notice as we would wait as long as possible for any status change with RA.

Flavzz
29th September 2020, 02:08 PM
Blackwood a very good plan B option. Only draw back there is getting in at very short notice as we would wait as long as possible for any status change with RA. They have been known to be a bit funny with booking 2-3 groups in the past also. Great track tho.

thecollective
29th September 2020, 02:24 PM
They have been known to be a bit funny with booking 2-3 groups in the past also. Great track tho.

It's a very busy club with a large membership base that plays around the clock, even late in the arvo. I used to play Sunday afternoons with my bro, was always fighting slow course traffic. Tried late Friday afternoons and only quiet when its hot. Rarely get 18 holes in

RA will be much quieter. Lady Bay or Victor are quieter and not bad backup options

wazamac
29th September 2020, 02:35 PM
In.
Big 4 did just purchase McDuckCrappin. Pitch ya tent

nadg63
29th September 2020, 02:46 PM
My plan would be Mt C on the Saturday, VHGC on the Sunday as it usually quite easy to book Sunday's there as they do not run a Sunday comp for the members. That way IF there are any interstaters they could arrange accommodation down that way for the weekend.

thecollective
29th September 2020, 02:52 PM
My plan would be Mt C on the Saturday, VHGC on the Sunday as it usually quite easy to book Sunday's there as they do not run a Sunday comp for the members. That way IF there are any interstaters they could arrange accommodation down that way for the weekend.

That was my thinking too, as per above

BobsYourUncle
29th September 2020, 03:17 PM
I was going to sqy VHGC or LLB are a bit of a trek for people staying/travelling from Adelaide, but I guess they're not that much further than Mount Compass. Neither option would rule me out.

thecollective
29th September 2020, 04:44 PM
Im certain we would all love to play RA so that should be the first choice, but I reckon VHGC or Blackwood as a backup is the go

nadg63
29th September 2020, 06:24 PM
Im certain we would all love to play RA so that should be the first choice

Always the No.1 option!

Peppas
30th September 2020, 08:12 AM
Do you guys have a proposed weekend?

wazamac
30th September 2020, 09:02 AM
Do you guys have a proposed weekend?

What are your dates of availability?

Cream Bun production has not been affected.

thecollective
30th September 2020, 09:19 AM
please not 20/21

Im turning 40 on the 17th and the wife will crack it

Peppas
30th September 2020, 10:57 AM
please not 20/21Im turning 40 on the 17th and the wife will crack it My bdays the day after :)

thecollective
30th September 2020, 11:12 AM
I propose 27-28 November. Last year went well being later in the month

Coopers Country
30th September 2020, 11:13 AM
I'm definitely in for this one , I liked Blackwood more than Mt Compass but happy to play anywhere

BobsYourUncle
30th September 2020, 12:29 PM
27-28 would work for me. The sooner we can lock it in the better.

nadg63
30th September 2020, 02:21 PM
I propose 27-28 November. Last year went well being later in the month

27-28 would work for me. The sooner we can lock it in the better.

First up that depends on the availability of RA as that's what tends to set the date.

I'm definitely in for this one , I liked Blackwood more than Mt Compass but happy to play anywhere

Really .................

thecollective
30th September 2020, 04:04 PM
Nadg: I would try Blackwood for the Sunday, if that fails then VHGC, if RA becomes available im sure we could cancel with plenty of notice

I doubt any of the clubs require a deposit

jimandr
30th September 2020, 04:47 PM
I'm registering an expression of interest.

I'm desperate to get away and go somewhere to ease the monotony of life where I am. I'm free for any weekend and days either side.

My actual attendance will be determined by politicians (and their Chief Health Advisors) in NSW, Qld and SA, so I won't be committing very far in advance, but I'd love to go,

thecollective
30th September 2020, 04:57 PM
I'm registering an expression of interest.

I'm desperate to get away and go somewhere to ease the monotony of life where I am. I'm free for any weekend and days either side.

My actual attendance will be determined by politicians (and their Chief Health Advisors) in NSW, Qld and SA, so I won't be committing very far in advance, but I'd love to go,

Jim they (SA) have only just re-opened the border to NSW so for the moment you're good to go

I cannot foresee them closing it again unless another Ruby Princess incident comes along and spoils it for everyone

Peppas
30th September 2020, 07:39 PM
Jim they (SA) have only just re-opened the border to NSW so for the moment you're good to go

I cannot foresee them closing it again unless another Ruby Princess incident comes along and spoils it for everyone

It's good to be optimistic :)

Coopers Country
30th September 2020, 10:04 PM
Just wack an AFL guernsey on and they will let you and your extended family in

nudgee
1st October 2020, 02:29 PM
Pat and I are in for end November

nadg63
1st October 2020, 02:56 PM
Nadg: I would try Blackwood for the Sunday, if that fails then VHGC, if RA becomes available im sure we could cancel with plenty of notice

I doubt any of the clubs require a deposit

NOTE:- Due to other commitments through Oct/Nov that are going to occupy quite a bit of my free time, (prepping for and competing in Adelaide Rally), I have contacted Hatchy who has put his hand up to be chief organiser for this years SA Champs - many thanks.

wazamac
1st October 2020, 04:48 PM
HatchBoss

#Oddsonfarmer

coalesce
2nd October 2020, 11:42 AM
Could be tempted to come out of retirement for this

marcel
2nd October 2020, 12:44 PM
Could be tempted to come out of retirement for this

Who the hell are you?šŸ˜†

nadg63
2nd October 2020, 02:31 PM
Who the hell are you?ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½

:D :lol: :lol:

marcel
3rd October 2020, 05:36 PM
We should be able to do something at RA. I need to give them 2 possible dates, Nov 22 & 29?

Flavzz
3rd October 2020, 08:33 PM
Those dates suit me.

Hatchman
4th October 2020, 12:31 AM
We should be able to do something at RA. I need to give them 2 possible dates, Nov 22 & 29?

Which ever one you can get will be the Champs date.

BobsYourUncle
4th October 2020, 05:35 PM
You can save some money by not dry-cleaning the red jacket this year. It's not going anywhere 8)

Flavzz
4th October 2020, 05:58 PM
You can save some money by not dry-cleaning the red jacket this year. It's not going anywhere 8) I hope your North Adelaide handicap can travel to Compass and RA šŸ˜‰

BobsYourUncle
4th October 2020, 06:06 PM
Travelled well enough last year ;)

Actually it didn't really at Mount Compass, but no one seemed to play overly well there.

Flavzz
4th October 2020, 06:38 PM
Travelled well enough last year ;)Actually it didn't really at Mount Compass, but no one seemed to play overly well there.It was well deserved mate. Compass does seem to sort people out pretty quickly.

nadg63
5th October 2020, 10:40 AM
It was well deserved mate. Compass does seem to sort people out pretty quickly.

Yep, Mt C is def one of those courses where a bit of risk 'can' pay dividends OR bite you on the butt big time! A course where knowing the lie of the land certainly helps.

Peppas
6th October 2020, 10:15 AM
When dates are confirmed I'll check with work if I can make it!

We currently have a no interstate travel directive so I need to find out if that's still in place now borders are opening. Not that it would really stop me anyways, not sure they can fire me over that?

Benje
6th October 2020, 02:19 PM
You can drive from NSW to SA via Mildura as of today, as long as you don't stop in Mildura. You don't have to do the Wentworth bush bash nor the Broken Hill hike.

Peppas
6th October 2020, 02:20 PM
You can drive from NSW to SA via Mildura as of today, as long as you don't stop in Mildura. You don't have to do the Wentworth bush bash nor the Broken Hill hike.

Haha thanks for the advice Benje! Work will never know if I do the trip by car :)

backintheswing
6th October 2020, 03:05 PM
Haha thanks for the advice Benje! Work will never know if I do the trip by car :)Won't you paste it all over Facebook though?

wazamac
6th October 2020, 03:27 PM
Car pool with Jim

Toxic
6th October 2020, 06:55 PM
You can drive from NSW to SA via Mildura as of today, as long as you don't stop in Mildura. You don't have to do the Wentworth bush bash nor the Broken Hill hike. Can I go from Shepparton Victoria thru Mildura into SA?

thecollective
6th October 2020, 07:05 PM
Can I go from Shepparton Victoria thru Mildura into SA?

Toxic: No, not at the moment BUT

There are rumours that SA may open the border to Regional Victoria in the coming weeks

FYI, here is the latest update.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-06/sa-victoria-coronavirus-border-buffer-to-be-extended/12735568

Toxic
7th October 2020, 05:05 AM
Toxic: No, not at the moment BUTThere are rumours that SA may open the border to Regional Victoria in the coming weeksFYI, here is the latest update. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-06/sa-victoria-coronavirus-border-buffer-to-be-extended/12735568 Cheers

Hatchman
7th October 2020, 07:05 PM
Update Oct 7th:
This gaining some quick momentum with interest.
Sorry we cant be more exact with locking the confirmed dates down atm. We are completely at the mercy of Covid status and the hopeful easing of restrictions at one of the preferred Golf Clubs.
As it currently stands we are hoping for Nov 28-29 but that is not confirmed a lock in yet.
Saturday round will be an Afternoon Round at Mount Compass aiming for a 12:30-1:00pm Hit Off. (It's a bit under a 1 Hour Drive from the Airport to the Course)
Sunday round will most likely be a PM start at Royal Adelaide if available.

The format for both games will be individual Stableford
The S.A Oz Golf Championship will be over both days.
Saturdays round will be the Kitchener Cup. The format will be the average of the combined Stableford scores for Team Schnit (visitors) v Team Kitchener (locals).
If we get to a position where we have limited Booking Numbers allowed, priority will go to those playing both days and paid up in full.
$$ Costs to be advised once we have a clearer picture.
I'll post details for taking payments and deposits later this month.

Current interested List as follows:
1. Hatchman
2. BobsYuorUncle - defending Champ
3. Flazz
4. Thecollective
5. Wazamac
6. Coopers Country
7. Marcel
8. Nudgee
9. Ploppy Pat
10. Jimandr
11. Peppers
12. Benno_r

benno_r
7th October 2020, 07:08 PM
Light pencil please Hatchy. I have recips at RA too if that helps.

Benje
7th October 2020, 07:25 PM
Pencil please. Benje

coalesce
7th October 2020, 07:31 PM
2H pencil please

marcel
7th October 2020, 09:11 PM
Hatchy,
More likely RA will be afternoon if available

Hatchman
7th October 2020, 10:41 PM
Hatchy,
More likely RA will be afternoon if available

Ok thanks, I just took a punt on previous years.
I'll update all the info for everyone.

Hatchman
12th October 2020, 09:47 AM
Royal Adelaide has given the ok for us to have the Sunday round there on Sunday the 29th Nov (thank you very much Marcel).
Dates for the S.A Champs now locked in for Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th November.
The Royal Adelaide round has a cap of 20 Players so priority spots are for those playing both days and our Tee time is 1pm onward.
$$ Cost of rounds still to be confirmed.

AndyP
12th October 2020, 07:24 PM

Jim's problem would probably be that if he is flying, he would have to travel into Qld for the closest major airport to him.

I'm having some thoughts about playing this, but I was planning a family holiday to The Whitsundays for the same time, so I'd have to look at pushing that. I'd have to play some good courses for side rounds too to make it really tempting.

nadg63
12th October 2020, 07:30 PM
Royal Adelaide has given the ok for us to have the Sunday round there on Sunday the 29th Nov (thank you very much Marcel).
Dates for the S.A Champs now locked in for Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th November.
The Royal Adelaide round has a cap of 20 Players so priority spots are for those playing both days and our Tee time is 1pm onward.
$$ Cost of rounds still to be confirmed.

Good work boys, Mt C the plan for Saturday?

BobsYourUncle
12th October 2020, 08:16 PM
There's an event on at MC that morning - Mount Compass Open - saw it on Facebook, morning tee times, so might still be ok for us in the afternoon?

jimandr
12th October 2020, 08:30 PM
Jim's problem would probably be that if he is flying, he would have to travel into Qld for the closest major airport to him.

I'm having some thoughts about playing this, but I was planning a family holiday to The Whitsundays for the same time, so I'd have to look at pushing that. I'd have to play some good courses for side rounds too to make it really tempting.

Indeed. My problem will be crossing the Queensland border so I can board a flight from Gold Coast Airport. There are many factors beyond my control that could change at short notice, so I'm not particularly hopeful.

Hatchman
13th October 2020, 07:01 AM
There's an event on at MC that morning - Mount Compass Open - saw it on Facebook, morning tee times, so might still be ok for us in the afternoon?

Saturdays round will switch to Links Lady Bay if Mount Compass is locked out for their Open.

thecollective
13th October 2020, 08:48 AM
Saturdays round will switch to Links Lady Bay if Mount Compass is locked out for their Open.

Lady Bay Saturday arvo would work. If visitors are keen for a round at MC I will host a late afternoon round Friday followed by dinner in the restaurant

Hatchman
15th October 2020, 12:47 PM
Saturday's round is now at Links Lady Bay. (5 groups booked from 12:30 onward)

Made some phone calls to Mount Compass re: the clash of dates with their Open.
While they don't expect the course to be closed for the day based on past years numbers the whole day is dependant on the number of entries they receive and they can not guarantee it wont get closed for the date. As you all will understand that does not work well with trying to organise this weekend so we have moved the Saturday November 28th round to Links Lady Bay. This is booked in for 5 groups starting from 12:30.

2020 OzGolf S.A Champs November 28th & 29th

Saturday 28th November
Links Lady Bay 12:30 start

Sunday 29th November
Royal Adelaide 1:00 start

$$ costs to be announced in the next few weeks.

AndyP
15th October 2020, 01:02 PM
Saturday's round is now at Links Lady Bay. (5 groups booked from 12:30 onward)
A new course. Even more tempting. I have hit a snag finding out that the missus will be away the Thursday and Friday night though.

thecollective
15th October 2020, 01:05 PM
Lady Bay accommodation is also very reasonable at the resort. Here is the website (https://linksladybay.com.au/)

I MIGHT also be able to help with a Sunday morning lift to RA, ditto if you arrive on the Friday to and are willing to play a round at MC (I will then drop you off @ Lady Bay for check-in)

BobsYourUncle
15th October 2020, 01:57 PM
I'd be interested in a Friday MC round, but won't be able to confirm until closer to the date.

thecollective
15th October 2020, 02:06 PM
If it's a single group we could play a Stableford skins game. No money needs to be involved unless ppl want prizes

OR if we have two groups we could organise some mini comp. I can do the heavy lifting organising this

See what the participation rate is like

wazamac
15th October 2020, 02:17 PM
I may be available the Friday. Probably will need a day off by then.

marcel
15th October 2020, 02:22 PM
I'm keen for Friday at MC

Hatchman
15th October 2020, 02:57 PM
I'd like to but I'm a no show for MC on Friday.
The Minister of War and Finance just burnt the last of my leave with her 9 days in Hospital.

Coopers Country
15th October 2020, 03:08 PM
I reckon I would be keen for Mc

AndyP
15th October 2020, 03:48 PM
Lady Bay accommodation is also very reasonable at the resort. Here is the website (https://linksladybay.com.au/)

I MIGHT also be able to help with a Sunday morning lift to RA, ditto if you arrive on the Friday to and are willing to play a round at MC (I will then drop you off @ Lady Bay for check-in)
Thanks. I'll take that into my considerations. I see that the MC to Lady Boy drive goes past Smiling Samoyed......

thecollective
15th October 2020, 03:50 PM
Thanks. I'll take that into my considerations. I see that the MC to Lady Boy drive goes past Smiling Samoyed......

It does; im happy to stop for a beer

wazamac
15th October 2020, 04:04 PM
Is the tourist coupon for accommodation only for SA residents?

Benje
15th October 2020, 04:16 PM
The coupons are sold out.

Peppas
15th October 2020, 09:06 PM
Yeah they were for SA residents only

marcel
16th October 2020, 05:52 PM
Please add DavidL (RA member) to the list Hatchy.
TC, he'll also try and get to MC on the Friday

thecollective
16th October 2020, 08:19 PM
Great to have David playing, gentleman of the highest order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUSHY
18th October 2020, 08:00 AM

Quite a good spot to stop [emoji6]

benno_r
18th October 2020, 08:46 AM
Quite a good spot to stop [emoji6]Not so sure that's true if you the driver for the next 5hrs... [emoji23]

AndyP
18th October 2020, 09:52 AM
Quite a good spot to stop [emoji6]
Of course, I have already been there. And seen the dog.

BUSHY
18th October 2020, 05:44 PM
Not so sure that's true if you the driver for the next 5hrs... [emoji23]

[emoji56]

AndyP
18th October 2020, 06:24 PM
Every year my work has a team love-in, and I just noticed that the "save the date" for this year's virtual love-in is the Thursday/Friday leading into this. FFS! I think I will put in a leave application and see if I can get approval without the manager looking at clashes.

AndyP
18th October 2020, 08:10 PM
FYI to travellers

https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/travel-restrictions

All travellers intending to enter SA are required to register their intention to travel. This includes:

people entering from unrestricted states (ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, TAS and WA)
Application must be filled out 14 days beforehand.
https://www.police.sa.gov.au/online-services/cross-border-travel-application

Note: A person can enter South Australia in a vehicle from New South Wales via Victoria if the person travels through Victoria without leaving the vehicle and only via the Sturt Highway from Mildura to Yamba or via the Calder Highway and Meridian Road between Abbotsford Bridge and the Sturt Highway and then via the Sturt Highway to Yamba.

BobsYourUncle
18th October 2020, 08:47 PM
FYI to travellers

https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/travel-restrictions

Application must be filled out 14 days beforehand.
https://www.police.sa.gov.au/online-services/cross-border-travel-application

I went through this process recently flying back from Brisbane, was approved pretty much instantly. I assume it works that way as long as you don't set off any flags based on your answers to the questions. Also, I filled it in twice - once about 10 days out, then again a few days before travelling (due to slight change in circumstances and some awkwardly worded questions).

Peppas
20th October 2020, 06:19 AM
Looking at flight options now, just wanted to check what the Friday round time was planned to be? Otherwise I might just fly in Sat morning.

Also, any plans for a Monday round? The Monday flight would be around 3pm though if I did end up flying out that day.

marcel
20th October 2020, 07:39 AM
I can play Monday. Can take you (and up to 2 others) back to RA about 9,30 which would get you to the airport in time. A few of the lads have joined Thaxted, they might be able to organise a game there

thecollective
20th October 2020, 07:59 AM
Looking at flight options now, just wanted to check what the Friday round time was planned to be? Otherwise I might just fly in Sat morning.

Also, any plans for a Monday round? The Monday flight would be around 3pm though if I did end up flying out that day.

Peppas: Friday round can accommodate your landing time, I was looking at around 2PM.

Ferrins
20th October 2020, 08:12 AM
Looking at RA on Wednesday if there is a comp??
Thursday ???? RA I guess if nothing else is going
Friday???
Monday RA

Ferrins
20th October 2020, 08:12 AM
Apparently RA will let RQ members on

AndyP
20th October 2020, 08:48 AM
I'd love to get on one of the other good courses on one of the days, but it seems unlikely.

thecollective
20th October 2020, 08:53 AM
Looking at RA on Wednesday if there is a comp??
Thursday ???? RA I guess if nothing else is going
Friday???
Monday RA

Ferrins: I could potentially do a twilight game Thursday night @ Tea Tree Gully GC.

they have a Restaurant onsite that is also pretty decent

marcel
20th October 2020, 09:18 AM
Comp all days at RA if you want to enter

Ferrins
20th October 2020, 09:25 AM
Comp all days at RA if you want to enter

Cool.

thecollective
20th October 2020, 09:26 AM
Its really hard for me to take more than one day off at the moment so cannot really help you during the day Wednesday or Thursday

BUSHY
20th October 2020, 09:26 AM
Please add me as a darkish pencil at this stage please SA crew!! Just need to line a few things up on the work front

thecollective
20th October 2020, 09:30 AM
Please add me as a darkish pencil at this stage please SA crew!! Just need to line a few things up on the work front

Welcome to the dark side Bushy! Would be great to have you

Ferrins
20th October 2020, 09:47 AM
Looking at staying at Henley Beach South.

Can anyone lend me a pushy for my stay?

Ferrins
20th October 2020, 09:53 AM
Its really hard for me to take more than one day off at the moment so cannot really help you during the day Wednesday or Thursday

Happy to just play RA and hang out at the beach

benno_r
20th October 2020, 10:08 AM
Is a Monday round at Blackwood possible? Would love to finish a round there.

A double to Thaxted for those interested?

BUSHY
20th October 2020, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the dark side Bushy! Would be great to have you

Thanks mate, much darker pencil as of today - you could almost use a sharpie.

AndyP
20th October 2020, 11:38 AM
I got leave approved and will book flights within the next couple of days for a Fri lunch to Mon evening, with the flexibility to change it, if I want. Things are falling into place. :D

BobsYourUncle
20th October 2020, 11:50 AM
Hatchman you've got my name spelt wrong in the list of players - no respect for the defending champ & favourite :lol:

Ron Burgundy
20th October 2020, 11:53 AM
Iā€™m keen. Work calendar looks ok from Thursday arvo onwards. Pencil only for Fri-Sun at this stage please. Will confirm in the next day or two. If I can wrangle working from the Adelaide office I might be able to add Thurs arvo & Mon morning too but will also have to get past the family.

Flavzz
20th October 2020, 12:16 PM
Hatchman you've got my name spelt wrong in the list of players - no respect for the defending champ & favourite :lol: Me too but I'm not an ex champ so fair enough

thecollective
20th October 2020, 01:48 PM
Having a Benje moment here...

While you're @ it Hatch (fixing ppl's precious names et al) fix up the spelling of reciprocal

AndyP
20th October 2020, 01:55 PM
There should be a dot after the A in S.A. too.

Coopers Country
20th October 2020, 02:35 PM
Is anybody staying at Ladybay ?

thecollective
20th October 2020, 02:38 PM
Is anybody staying at Ladybay ?

Not at the moment

Hatchman
20th October 2020, 03:50 PM
Current interested list so far.

Current interested List as follows:
1. Marcel - (RA Member)
2. Benje - (RA Member)
3. DavidL - (RA Member)
4. Hatchman
5. BobsYourUncle - defending Champ
6. Flazz - the favorite
7. Thecollective
8. Wazamac
9. Coopers Country
10. Nudgee
11. Ploppy Pat
12. Jimandr
13. Peppers
14. Benno_r - (reciprocal)
15. Coalesce
16. Ferrins
15. Bushy
16. AndyP
17. Ron Burgundy
18. Courty

Spots are filling fast. We are capped for a Max of 20 at Royal Adelaide.
Priority for spots at Royal Adelaide is for those playing both Saturday and Sunday of the Champs if we get more than 20.
How many from interstate are members of clubs that are reciprocal with either Links Lady Bay or Royal Adelaide?

benno_r
20th October 2020, 04:10 PM
How many from interstate are members of clubs that are reciprocal with either Links Lady Bay or Royal Adelaide?

Ferrins, Ron, Ploppy, Nudgee recips at RA?

nadg63
20th October 2020, 04:17 PM
Not at the moment

Not sure how it works logistically but I'd reckon on New Terry/Wirrina Cove having cheap accommodation rates than Lady Bay!?

Courty
20th October 2020, 04:41 PM
Chuck me in pencil as well.

Coopers Country
20th October 2020, 05:50 PM
Well I am happy to ferry people as well if I bring the Pootrol I have room for tons of gear and can comfortably fit 3 players or 4 with 3 in the back seat
I have to stay somewhere for the 3 nights so happy to be where every one else is
Last year Bootsy and I stayed at the Bay Hotel Motel , nothing flash but pretty well located

jimandr
20th October 2020, 07:58 PM
Reduce my status to very light pencil.

In my excitement my first spot to check was the Gold Coast Airport website, which had the direct flight to Adelaide listed in the daily departures. Happy days.

Further searching has revealed a very different story. No direct flight at all, and the only good option is from Ballina via Melbourne, which I understand is still a no-go zone for SA.

I'll check again in a couple of weeks, after the Qld election, which might change things, but at this stage it looks grim for me.

Ron Burgundy
20th October 2020, 08:09 PM
Swap that pencil for pen lads. Iā€™m in for Fri to Sun and all the kitcheners I can eat.

Flavzz
20th October 2020, 08:15 PM
This is filling up quick! Good to see some interstaters making the trip again.

Also Hatch, I think you've made another mistake, there seems to be favourite written next to my name..

thecollective
20th October 2020, 08:20 PM
Well played Burgundy!

https://images.app.goo.gl/XJ7fHMVas7KQdHfNA

BUSHY
20th October 2020, 08:22 PM

Neither for me Hatch.

Peppas
20th October 2020, 09:01 PM
Well I am happy to ferry people as well if I bring the Pootrol I have room for tons of gear and can comfortably fit 3 players or 4 with 3 in the back seat
I have to stay somewhere for the 3 nights so happy to be where every one else is
Last year Bootsy and I stayed at the Bay Hotel Motel , nothing flash but pretty well located

Hey mate your inbox is full. I'm sure there'll be an accomodation thread up soon enough :)

Hatchman
20th October 2020, 09:02 PM
This is filling up quick! Good to see some interstaters making the trip again.

Also Hatch, I think you've made another mistake, there seems to be favourite written next to my name..

No mistake. Discussions were had at Lake Albert.
You are the favorite :D

Flavzz
20th October 2020, 09:40 PM
No mistake. Discussions were had at Lake Albert. You are the favorite :D Interesting. I might lead the field in fairways missed.

Hatchman
20th October 2020, 09:47 PM
Interesting. I might lead the field in fairways missed.

They are only there as a guide. It's not compulsory to use them :razz:

Flavzz
20th October 2020, 09:55 PM
They are only there as a guide. It's not compulsory to use them :razz: I like your thinking Hatch!

wazamac
21st October 2020, 07:04 AM
Happy to pull out of RA if numbers determine. Played it enough

thecollective
21st October 2020, 08:09 AM
Happy to pull out of RA if numbers determine. Played it enough

Ditto, I can be camera man if need be. Have not used to the Nikon in years so might be time to dust it off.

benno_r
21st October 2020, 08:55 AM
Can the reciprocals be used to increase the booking numbers as seperate bookings?

marcel
21st October 2020, 04:00 PM
I've now got verbal approval for 6 groups

Hatchman
21st October 2020, 04:02 PM
I've now got verbal approval for 6 groups

Love your work Marcel

Peppas
21st October 2020, 04:31 PM
I just booked flights :)

Flavzz
21st October 2020, 04:57 PM
Good work lads

BUSHY
21st October 2020, 08:43 PM
Lock it in, flights are booked.

Hatchman
21st October 2020, 08:44 PM
Cost for the rounds has been added to the OP.
I'll send all those listed in the table a PM with Bank Details to send Deposits and Payments in the next day or two.

Ron Burgundy
21st October 2020, 08:55 PM
Thanks Hatchy. Iā€™ve got RA recips via Royal Hobart.

benno_r
22nd October 2020, 07:30 AM
Ok flights are booked. Lock me in Fri to Sun please!

thecollective
22nd October 2020, 07:47 AM
ok flights are booked. Lock me in fri to sun please!

done

Hatchman
23rd October 2020, 04:30 PM
I'll be sending out the following PM to all that have registered interest in attending including those in pencil with the Bank Details attached to the PM's only during the course of the night between work stuff.
If I've missed you out by accident and your defiantly attending please let me know.

Hi ā€¦ā€¦
Thank you for registering your interest in joining us for OZGolf S.A. Champs this year at the short notice we decided to go ahead and hold a S.A Champs for 2020.
This PM has gone out to all those that expressed an interest in attending. If your unable to make it please let me know as early as possible either in the 2020 Champs thread or by PM and disregard the cost details below.

Cost for Saturday and Sunday Rounds only is as follows:
$210 for both days if you do not have a Reciprocal arrangement with your Home Club or a member of one of the Clubs.
Individual days are as follows:
$70 for Links Lady Bay on the Saturday 28th Nov
$140 for Royal Adelaide on Sunday 29th Nov

The S.A. Oz Golf Group would appreciate final payment by Fri 20th November.
Deposits and Final Payments can be made into the following acct.
Please put your Forum Name in the description so I know whom it was from.

Bank Details in the PM only.

Hatchman
23rd October 2020, 06:58 PM
Marcel, Benje or Thecollective, do you guys know if DavidL will be joining us at Links Laday Bay?

marcel
23rd October 2020, 07:23 PM
Yes, I'll give him the bank details

Hatchman
23rd October 2020, 07:41 PM
Yes, I'll give him the bank details

Thanks marcel.
I've update the table with Y now as well.

peter_rs
23rd October 2020, 08:29 PM
Ferrins, Ron, Ploppy, Nudgee recips at RA?

Nudgee is back at nudgee

peter_rs
23rd October 2020, 08:31 PM
I wonā€™t know until the end of the month but this is looking interesting

Hatchman
23rd October 2020, 10:26 PM
Coopers Country, please make some space in your PM IN Box.
I couldn't send the Bank Details for Champs, came up your In Box is Full.

Coopers Country
23rd October 2020, 10:40 PM
All good now mate

Hatchman
23rd October 2020, 10:52 PM
All good now mate

Thanks.
Details on the way.

Coopers Country
23rd October 2020, 11:28 PM
Paid

thecollective
24th October 2020, 11:01 AM
I wonā€™t know until the end of the month but this is looking interesting

Would be great to see yourself and Shaz making a debut appearance

Should we put you in pencil?

peter_rs
24th October 2020, 11:13 AM
Light pencil... who said shaz was coming

thecollective
24th October 2020, 12:04 PM
Light pencil... who said shaz was coming

Me time!

Hatchman
26th October 2020, 09:49 AM
I've printed off and laminated GA to Daily Hcp conversion Charts for both Links Lady Bay and Royal Adelaide.
As long as everyone knows how to look up their GA were all set to go each day.

We wont be able to Play in the Club Comp at Links Lady Bay as on past experience the members Comp is AM and closes not long after we will be hitting off.
In the past most of us have gone in Club Comp at Royal Adelaide but not sure if we will make the close with the 1pm onward tee time. Marcel or Benje may be a able to shed some light on that one?

BobsYourUncle
26th October 2020, 10:26 AM
What tees are we playing?

thecollective
26th October 2020, 10:41 AM
Will check with the boss (Hatchy) but Lady Bay is pretty long from the back. RA White no question

Mount Compass is better course from the back tee, the visitors will get a better experience particularly on holes like #1, #12, #14 as you get way more panorama from the back

BobsYourUncle
26th October 2020, 10:56 AM
LLB is 6020 from the whites, 6400 from the back. Would be a good challenge from the back, but whites might be a better choice for this?

thecollective
26th October 2020, 11:07 AM
In windy conditions LB would be a serious slog from the back. Last time I played it was from the back, it was ok but felt pretty long for my crappy game.

wazamac
26th October 2020, 11:24 AM
Wait for the Willunga Doctor to come in

thecollective
26th October 2020, 12:10 PM
I think you need to look @ it from an enjoyment perspective. IMO none of the back tees at LB offer anything different to the whites on any of the holes other than distance. For a course like MC that plays shorter with several of the back tees offering a higher point and a better playing experience of the hole you would do it, particularly for first timers to the course.

Benje
26th October 2020, 12:38 PM
Hatch

RA is more flexible with comp entry times, especially if you use the app for scoring.
results arenā€™t finalised that afternoon now.

Hatchman
26th October 2020, 12:46 PM
Hatch

RA is more flexible with comp entry times, especially if you use the app for scoring.
results arenā€™t finalised that afternoon now.

Thanks for that Benje
I'm keen to enter the comp if available and I'm sure a few other might as well.
How does this app thing work?
Do we need to install a particular App for this and can this be done in advance or best left to doing it on the day?

As for tee blocks.
Didn't realize LLB was that far off the back.
White would be more sensible unless the major majority of us playing wanted to experience it from crazy long length. I'm leaning more white.

Flavzz
26th October 2020, 12:55 PM
I think LLB is still a good challenge off the whites.

thecollective
26th October 2020, 01:02 PM
Thanks for that Benje
I'm keen to enter the comp if available and I'm sure a few other might as well.
How does this app thing work?
Do we need to install a particular App for this and can this be done in advance or best left to doing it on the day?

As for tee blocks.
Didn't realize LLB was that far off the back.
White would be more sensible unless the major majority of us playing wanted to experience it from crazy long length. I'm leaning more white.

When I last played it the wind got up on #9, off the back it was driver, driver, chip. #12 was driver 3wood. (whilst not overly long) I'm not a short hitter

Hatchman
26th October 2020, 01:06 PM
When I last played it the wind got up on #9, off the back it was driver, driver, chip. #12 was driver 3wood. Whilst not overly long im not exactly a short hitter either

Interesting, I thought 12th was longer than the 9th and added 12 is uphill for the climb to the green.

thecollective
26th October 2020, 01:08 PM
Interesting, I thought 12th was longer than the 9th and added 12 is uphill for the climb to the green.

If you hit the top of the hill you get a massive slide down to near the snake pit. The only way to reach the green in the wind that day was a low 3wood cut, I was front of greenside bunker left that day with two solid strikes

thecollective
26th October 2020, 03:07 PM
Here is footage of a single figure hcp / club golfer and his round at LB from the white tees. Bear in mind the greens would have been a lot more forgiving having just come out of a core.

Plays the course relatively steady and well, notice that he is taking 3 wood up #12 in a breeze, definitely some tips to be had in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6BP7aVSMAw&ab_channel=KeraGOLF

Peppas
26th October 2020, 03:54 PM
I last played LLB in 2014... I can honestly say I remember very little of the course even after watching that video :)

coalesce
26th October 2020, 04:07 PM
I last played LLB in 2014... I can honestly say I remember very little of the course even after watching that video :)

You must remember my monster putt on 17 that finally broke benno_r?

Other than that Iā€™d imagine youā€™d remember the gardens of the houses alongside the fairways... :)

Ferrins
26th October 2020, 04:15 PM
I remember 1/2 finished condo's and goats.

Ferrins
26th October 2020, 04:27 PM
Is a Monday round at Blackwood possible? Would love to finish a round there.

A double to Thaxted for those interested?

This a good course?

Got reciprocity with them.

BobsYourUncle
26th October 2020, 04:35 PM
Blackwood is a very good course. Haven't played Thaxted.

Coopers Country
26th October 2020, 04:35 PM
Bloody good course Ferrins

Right guys have just booked here for the 27,28,29th 120$ a night , Broadway across the road does a good feed , and close to a lot of good spots
http://www.baymotelhotel.com.au/

Coopers Country
26th October 2020, 04:37 PM
Oh and its cheaper to book with them directly as well

Ferrins
26th October 2020, 04:41 PM
Oh and its cheaper to book with them directly as well

Already sorted

BUSHY
26th October 2020, 04:42 PM
Already sorted

Close to the beach or the city?

Ferrins
26th October 2020, 04:42 PM
Loose lips sink ships

nadg63
26th October 2020, 05:57 PM
Blackwood is a very good course. Haven't played Thaxted.

If you should feel the need to just give Flavzz or me a shout!

marcel
26th October 2020, 06:04 PM
Comp will be available at RA

benno_r
26th October 2020, 06:11 PM

Other than that Iā€™d imagine youā€™d remember the gardens of the houses alongside the fairways... :)Or the monster 4i Peps hit to reach the 2nd in 2?

Peppas
26th October 2020, 06:24 PM
Or the monster 4i Peps hit to reach the 2nd in 2? Nah that was Mt Compass, fleurieu back then!

Flavzz
26th October 2020, 06:27 PM
This a good course?Got reciprocity with them. Nadge and I are members at Thaxted. It's a decent challenging track but it won't wow you. Good mix of holes that go both ways, elevation change and the greens are generally really good. Blackwood is a step above in terms of overall course condition I think.

benno_r
26th October 2020, 06:28 PM
Nah that was Mt Compass, fleurieu back then!Oh yeah

benno_r
26th October 2020, 06:29 PM

Other than that Iā€™d imagine youā€™d remember the gardens of the houses alongside the fairways... :)Pretty sure a yum yum on 16 also broke my wrist...

Peppas
26th October 2020, 08:35 PM
Pretty sure a yum yum on 16 also broke my wrist...

Yeah fond memories of that weekend... first visit to Yankalilla as well on the way to LLB!

wazamac
27th October 2020, 12:09 PM
Paid

3Puttpete
27th October 2020, 01:35 PM
Yeah fond memories of that weekend... first visit to Yankalilla as well on the way to LLB!

[emoji7]

Flavzz
29th October 2020, 07:52 AM
Paid

thecollective
29th October 2020, 01:13 PM
Paid

Hatchman
30th October 2020, 12:05 PM
Thanks to all those that have Paid so far.

BUSHY
3rd November 2020, 10:49 AM
SA Border pass approved!!!

AndyP
3rd November 2020, 10:50 AM
They are going to let me in too. Crazy!

Flavzz
3rd November 2020, 01:43 PM
Well done lads!

marcel
3rd November 2020, 08:03 PM
$210 paid for myself, Benje and DavidL

jimandr
5th November 2020, 04:18 PM
Hatch, TC and others.

I have now firmed to heavy pencil for this.

I'm giving it a week for the virus situation in many states to totally clarify itself. In particular, if the Queensland Government doesn't panic and close the NSW border again, I should be in for a Wednesday arrival and Monday morning departure.

Should all these planets line up, I'll be a starter for all golf and dinner arrangements, including a Sunday evening schnitty somewhere not too far from Royal Adelaide if anyone is interested.

I'll post confirmation in the other threads after I've booked everything else next Friday.

thecollective
5th November 2020, 04:42 PM
great to hear Jim

Hatchman
5th November 2020, 06:07 PM
Hatch, TC and others.

I have now firmed to heavy pencil for this.

I'm giving it a week for the virus situation in many states to totally clarify itself. In particular, if the Queensland Government doesn't panic and close the NSW border again, I should be in for a Wednesday arrival and Monday morning departure.

Should all these planets line up, I'll be a starter for all golf and dinner arrangements, including a Sunday evening schnitty somewhere not too far from Royal Adelaide if anyone is interested.

I'll post confirmation in the other threads after I've booked everything else next Friday.

Nice work.
You've still got my PM with Payment details?

Hatchman
12th November 2020, 01:45 PM
Posting this as a reminder checklist for myself.

Done:
Courses and Rounds are booked in.
Everyone has Paid
Google Doc Scores Spread Sheet done
Saturday Night Dinner at Victory Hotel is booked in.
Kitcheners for pickup fro Yankalilla Bakery have been ordered.

Still to do:
Check if I need need new cards for NTP and Long Drive Tubes
Print new cards if needed

marcel
12th November 2020, 01:59 PM
I'll scratch the 6th RA group time this Monday unless we get some more entrants prior

wazamac
12th November 2020, 03:13 PM
Has anyone bought the NAGA prize for me yet?

thecollective
12th November 2020, 05:25 PM
Has anyone bought the NAGA prize for me yet?

work in progress

thecollective
13th November 2020, 01:30 PM
Sad to hear border not opening with Victoria until December 1, should have been this weekend.

Sorry Toxic

jimandr
13th November 2020, 05:13 PM
I am most of the way in, and available for all days and all dinner events pending a disaster relating to the next paragraph.

I have filled in and sent away my SA Border Declaration. I'm not totally sure I filled in the correct form (but there didn't seem to be another option), and I'm not sure whether the auto-response I received is an approval or not.

The accommodation I tried to book won't accept my booking unless I have a Border Pass, so I'm not too sure where things are at. But I've booked the flights, and I'm not sure they can be recredited, so I may just turn up anyway.

Next step: send some electronic money to Hatch and TC.

BobsYourUncle
13th November 2020, 05:26 PM
I am most of the way in, and available for all days and all dinner events pending a disaster relating to the next paragraph.I have filled in and sent away my SA Border Declaration. I'm not totally sure I filled in the correct form (but there didn't seem to be another option), and I'm not sure whether the auto-response I received is an approval or not.The accommodation I tried to book won't accept my booking unless I have a Border Pass, so I'm not too sure where things are at. But I've booked the flights, and I'm not sure they can be recredited, so I may just turn up anyway.Next step: send some electronic money to Hatch and TC.I've done an SA border pass recently, happy to have a look if you want me to forward me the email you received? All I received was email confirmation, it said something about having a copy of the email on me.

Flavzz
13th November 2020, 07:35 PM
As I didn't attend last years Sunday event, what is the go for overall prizes? Or are we just playing for bragging rights and the jacket?

jimandr
13th November 2020, 07:40 PM
I've done an SA border pass recently, happy to have a look if you want me to forward me the email you received? All I received was email confirmation, it said something about having a copy of the email on me.

That's all I got, and indeed it says just to copy and keep it. But I got this response in 0.72 seconds, when the form says to expect a response in 72 hours.

Maybe the SA Police Border Assessment Team are just so superefficient they would be the envy of public servants everywhere.

What appears more likely is that they couldn't be bothered updating their form from the dark days when assessing visitors was genuinely important. I suspect they now feel anyone keen enough to fill in the form is good to go. It wasn't like the Queensland form, where a number of obstacles had to be overcome, only for the guy at the border to not even look at it when I drove past yesterday.

See you all at the end of the month.

BobsYourUncle
13th November 2020, 07:50 PM
As I didn't attend last years Sunday event, what is the go for overall prizes? Or are we just playing for bragging rights and the jacket? It's an exclusive club, but I guess you're the favourite so we can tell you about it...

Flavzz
13th November 2020, 08:24 PM
It's an exclusive club, but I guess you're the favourite so we can tell you about it...

Do we have to meet on the 9th green at 9 o'clock?

wazamac
14th November 2020, 08:06 AM
Long way from the clubhouse

thecollective
14th November 2020, 11:39 AM
Long way from the clubhouse

Plus you might have company at that time #residentmrfox

Peppas
14th November 2020, 12:01 PM
2 weeks to go, looking forward to this!

marcel
14th November 2020, 01:13 PM
I have a spare 3 wheel trolley for anyone who wants it

Peppas
14th November 2020, 01:51 PM
I have a spare 3 wheel trolley for anyone who wants it Sure, I'll take it, thanks :)

AndyP
14th November 2020, 01:58 PM
I considered it, starting replying yes, then changed my mind.

Flavzz
14th November 2020, 02:10 PM
I should be able to source an extra buggy for the Sat/Sun if anyone else is in need of one.

nadg63
14th November 2020, 02:32 PM
I should be able to source an extra buggy for the Sat/Sun if anyone else is in need of one.

If someone needs one you can grab my Clicgear Flavzz!

Flavzz
14th November 2020, 02:54 PM
If someone needs one you can grab my Clicgear Flavzz! Perfect mate, I'm happy to bring it along on the Saturday.

Hatchman
14th November 2020, 03:27 PM
As I didn't attend last years Sunday event, what is the go for overall prizes? Or are we just playing for bragging rights and the jacket?

Each day there is Winner and Runner up, NTP/Long Drive plus possible extras.
Saturday is also the Kitchener Cup.
The main prizes are for the 36 hole Champs where we normally go Winner, Runner Up and Third. Canā€™t forget about the NAGA but being the favourite I expect youā€™ll be eying off the Winners list.

Benje
14th November 2020, 03:50 PM
Buggies are provided free of charge at RAGC for Sunday. And practice balls.
Well, sort of free - there is the green fee (or membership) that has been paid.

Flavzz
14th November 2020, 03:51 PM
Each day there is Winner and Runner up, NTP/Long Drive plus possible extras.Saturday is also the Kitchener Cup.The main prizes are for the 36 hole Champs where we normally go Winner, Runner Up and Third. Canā€™t forget about the NAGA but being the favourite I expect youā€™ll be eying off the Winners list. The favourites never win :)

BobsYourUncle
14th November 2020, 04:28 PM
Is there a range at LLB?

Flavzz
14th November 2020, 04:45 PM
Is there a range at LLB? Yeah there's a grass range.

backintheswing
15th November 2020, 06:01 PM
3 new covid19 cases in Adelaide.

thecollective
15th November 2020, 06:28 PM

Indeed has been quite a day, on target for a 36 pointer only for a storm to spoil the party and my group to call it quits on me (with 4 holes to go). Now a family has contracted COVID-19 who has been commuting not far from where I live at the Supermarket.

On top of that just booked a trip to the Murray River and champs; all could be compromised

jimandr
15th November 2020, 07:13 PM

Bits, Can I get you to use your influence to convince the Qld Government not to close the border to SA.

Realistically, to be consistent with previous stupidity, they should declare Adelaide a hotspot, and close up. I'm hopeful the closure with Sydney was simply a 'let's stick it up those Southerners' gesture, and the same attitude doesn't apply to South Australia.

I could still travel via Sydney, but it will be quite difficult, including a 6.00am departure from Adelaide on the way back.

Needless to say, I will be one of many looking very carefully at the news reports tomorrow.

nadg63
15th November 2020, 07:46 PM

Said there were 4 new cases on the news :(

backintheswing
15th November 2020, 07:57 PM
Probably will be a lot more in the next few days

Ron Burgundy
15th November 2020, 08:08 PM
I wouldnā€™t lose any sleep over it. Little clusters are normal and going to happen everywhere until the end of 2021 when enough people have the vaccine. Itā€™s certainly not worth shutting a border or going into lockdown over. Hopefully the contract tracing system is doing its job and they can localize who they got it from and who they may have given it to.

wazamac
16th November 2020, 07:09 AM
17 now.
15 all from one family.

AndyP
16th November 2020, 07:33 AM
I wouldnā€™t lose any sleep over it. Little clusters are normal and going to happen everywhere until the end of 2021 when enough people have the vaccine. Itā€™s certainly not worth shutting a border or going into lockdown over.
That sounds like commonsense, but isn't enough for me to be confident that the Qld Govt won't shut its borders to SA.

BobsYourUncle
16th November 2020, 07:48 AM
That sounds like commonsense, but isn't enough for me to be confident that the Qld Govt won't shut its borders to SA.

I tend to agree. I don't think QLD should close its border to SA, but I think they will. Which sucks. Wife and I were planning a weekend away as part of champs while my parents (travelling from QLD) looked after the kids. That now seems unlikely.

We really need to stay calm and see what the next few days brings - 15 of the 17 cases are from the same family/household, and the authorities seem to be coming down hard and fast on the contact tracing. I'm confident this will be contained pretty quickly, but we will have a few days of cases while those that have already been exposed develop symptoms.

BUSHY
16th November 2020, 08:42 AM

The positive is the fossil QLD CHO has always maintained that ā€œknown sourcesā€ are treated different to ā€œunknownā€ cases of community transmission.

Benje
16th November 2020, 10:08 AM
I need to play early-ish on the Sunday - have a family birthday dinner at 6pm that is non-negotiable. :(
Hope this can be organised.

Benje

ps fingers crossed for the next week, and how this cluster develops.
I'll have to deal with the State Chief Medical Officer and the domestic CMO as well.

AndyP
16th November 2020, 10:28 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201116/5001fcc01cf1689115dd8ceb3b4b75d6.jpg
Our glorious state leader is warming us up for the bad news.

Flavzz
16th November 2020, 10:32 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201116/5001fcc01cf1689115dd8ceb3b4b75d6.jpgOur glorious state leader is warming us up for the bad news. Oh dear

BobsYourUncle
16th November 2020, 10:36 AM
F&^$!!!

Peppas
16th November 2020, 10:57 AM
NSW is still currently open but next few days will determine the status I guess.

AndyP
16th November 2020, 12:03 PM
Qld Borders closed to Adelaide as of tonight. ****! ****! ****! ****!

wazamac
16th November 2020, 12:11 PM
F**king politics.

AndyP
16th November 2020, 12:16 PM
Why wouldn't she close the border? She was just voted in on the back of "Keeping Queenslanders Safe".

Ron Burgundy
16th November 2020, 12:20 PM
Why wouldn't she close the border? She was just voted in on the back of "Keeping Queenslanders Safe". The border was closed to get her re-elected. Qld has fixed terms so she canā€™t get voted out for years now no matter what she does. At some point she should start fixing her economy.

Peppas
16th November 2020, 12:31 PM
I'm waiting to see what happens... the issue for me is if it gets declared a hot spot by NSW then I may have to take an extra 2 weeks off work.

thecollective
16th November 2020, 12:32 PM
I can't see them re-opening it in a two week period

wazamac
16th November 2020, 12:42 PM
She wouldn't get re-elected on economy or unemployment rate.

Flavzz
16th November 2020, 12:52 PM
I know it's fresh news but where does this leave the champs? It would be a shame for it to go ahead without the full field.

AndyP
16th November 2020, 12:56 PM
I know it's fresh news but where does this leave the champs? It would be a shame for it to go ahead without the full field.You started your plans for it without planning for a big visitor turnout, so I guess it is back to that, unless you have some movement restrictions brought into place by then.

BobsYourUncle
16th November 2020, 01:12 PM
You started your plans for it without planning for a big visitor turnout, so I guess it is back to that, unless you have some movement restrictions brought into place by then.

This is what I'd be advocating, somewhat selfishly I guess, but yeah.

Hatchman
16th November 2020, 01:14 PM
This outbreak throws a spanner in the works.
Hopefully this family of carriers didnā€™t get around too much spreading it everywhere.
Sadly itā€™s no real surprise thereā€™s been an outbreak as I see so much complacency when ever I go anywhere.

Hatchman
16th November 2020, 01:18 PM
I need to play early-ish on the Sunday - have a family birthday dinner at 6pm that is non-negotiable. :(
Hope this can be organised.

Benje

ps fingers crossed for the next week, and how this cluster develops.
I'll have to deal with the State Chief Medical Officer and the domestic CMO as well.

Iā€™ll put you in the first group when I do the draw.

Benje
16th November 2020, 01:19 PM
I suggest we give the virus 48 hours to see how wide it goes.
Hatchman and the team will make a better decision then than by just guessing now.

Benje

BobsYourUncle
16th November 2020, 01:22 PM
I suggest we give the virus 48 hours to see how wide it goes.
Hatchman and the team will make a better decision then than by just guessing now.

Benje

Yeah, we won't know the extent of the outbreak for a few days. I'm still very hopeful it will be contained quickly, but once borders are shut they will takes weeks to re-open.

AndyP
16th November 2020, 01:24 PM
Yeah, we won't know the extent of the outbreak for a few days. I'm still very hopeful it will be contained quickly, but once borders are shut they will takes weeks to re-open.
Qld will keep the borders closed for 28 days after your last community transmission case, so it will be at least a month.

Flavzz
16th November 2020, 01:35 PM
It's likely to take a few weeks to get a full picture. Such a shame.

thecollective
16th November 2020, 01:55 PM
As Benje suggests, we don't know the full extent yet. Let's hold out till end of week to make a call on it.

Bear in mind RA will not want visitors if the virus spreads in SA. Don't be surprised if they make an eleventh hour decision

If it starts to spread wildfire like Victoria, I would really like to lay low for a bit, so champs would be off for me

Hard_Pan
16th November 2020, 02:59 PM
Hopefully this family of carriers didnā€™t get around too much spreading it everywhere.

Not looking good on the front so far - https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/public+content/sa+health+internet/conditions/infectious+diseases/covid-19/testing+and+tracing/contact+tracing/contact+tracing