PDA

View Full Version : Posting longer boxes ??????

Pinglauncher
19th September 2020, 07:04 PM
Who do you use to post longer boxes that Australia Post won’t handle I.e. drivers and fairways etc

pt73
19th September 2020, 07:10 PM
Find a licensed post office many will accept a box up to 120cm.

Apart from that Transdirect has some good courier rates which can be cheaper than Auspost.

markTHEblake
19th September 2020, 07:36 PM
E-Go or Couriers Please for me

Steve57
19th September 2020, 08:03 PM
Pack'N'Send can also be cheaper and quicker than Aust Post, particularly if you book it online and then drop at one of their shops.

Ferrins
19th September 2020, 08:17 PM
The growing trend is to just take the money and not to post anything.

Three times on here and now once on Gumtree.

Stuart
19th September 2020, 08:19 PM
Be very careful about finding a smaller centre in order to get around the Australia Post restrictions if the parcel is longer than 105cms and breakable.

I have a friend who works for Aus Post, and evidently the reason for the length limit is that is how long the transportation boxes in their trucks are. If it is longer than that, there is a high likelihood that it will be damaged and you won’t be covered by any insurance.

DMG
19th September 2020, 08:19 PM
Never had an issue with CouriersPlease. Actually have been pretty impressed with their shipping times, and they collect from an address of your choice.

Matt 3 Jab
19th September 2020, 10:03 PM
Sendle or interparcel have been my go to of late

Seem quicker and cheaper than AP sometimes and usually goes with couriers please or Fastway etc

Sookie1
19th September 2020, 10:11 PM
Find someone that has access to a different courier company that will help you out. I luckily can use my works couriers please or Fastway.

Coopers Country
20th September 2020, 11:39 AM
Australia post cages are only 110 x 110 if you send anything longer ( and a lot of PO will accept longer boxes ) it will get jammed in the cage diagonally and have a big chance of getting damaged
I think Startrak will take longer parcels , their cages are definitely bigger , TNT express have double size cages as well
With any of them you take the chance of someone putting your driver on the bottom of the cage and 1500kg going on top of it
Top Load Only seems to mean put everything on top of this parcel sometimes

keymaster
20th September 2020, 01:31 PM
The growing trend is to just take the money and not to post anything.Three times on here and now once on Gumtree. Name and shame?

pt73
22nd September 2020, 03:51 PM
Be very careful about finding a smaller centre in order to get around the Australia Post restrictions if the parcel is longer than 105cms and breakable.

I have a friend who works for Aus Post, and evidently the reason for the length limit is that is how long the transportation boxes in their trucks are. If it is longer than that, there is a high likelihood that it will be damaged and you won’t be covered by any insurance.
Sounds like a typical government owned organization, allow an LPO to accept "over length" packages and you pay insurance to cover any damages then deny insurance because it gets damaged as it's "over length".

Reminds me of a story on GolfWRX where a seller sent a high priced shaft by Fedex / DHL (insured for full value) and the shaft was snapped in half. The company denied full insurance payout as the shaft was 50% useful .......

Daves
22nd September 2020, 05:22 PM

I gather the bins is the reason for the restriction, but I have sent dozens of shafts and drivers via LPOs and none have ever been damaged. I also gather that AP has finally cracked down on LPOs accepting them. The upside is there are other Couriers that will take them, including Star Track ironically, and most are cheaper and quicker than AP these days.

TheNuclearOne
22nd September 2020, 05:26 PM
I've sent hundreds and hundreds of shafts and clubs via auspost and dozens the last couple of years and one single shaft about 10 years ago was damaged.

markTHEblake
22nd September 2020, 06:16 PM
Sendle or interparcel have been my go to of late

Sendle ( who mostly use Couriers please for metro) do impose the 120cm limit when booking.
However, PackandSend does not, and they also use Couriers please.