PDA

View Full Version : Need a new golf bag. Recommendations?

oz01
6th September 2020, 05:50 PM
Looking for a new bag to replace my Big Max Aqua that failed in the wet.
Not definite on needing a “waterproof” bag, but want something that sits well on a ClicGear 3.5+, and is OK on a golf cart, too.
I generally like a bag with 14 dividers, but not essential.
I’d like something easy to clean, with plenty of storage (without looking like a pregnant goat).
What do you recommend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daves
6th September 2020, 05:57 PM
I am a fan of the value for money Cleveland Lite Cart Bags. Nice and light, but seem to have enough of, and the right type of pockets for my various bits and pieces.

oz01
6th September 2020, 07:23 PM
I haven’t had a bag I’ve really liked in a while. I had a sun mountain 130 that was ok - but was really wide when you packed anything in it.

Bucks71
8th September 2020, 07:05 AM
sun mountain H2No Staff Bag

WBennett
8th September 2020, 07:26 AM
Sun Mountain H2No
You pay double but my two (cart and stand) are the best two I have owned by the length of Flemington straight

Flavzz
8th September 2020, 08:07 AM
Not a recommendation as I've yet to receive it but more of a heads up. I just picked up Bagboy chiller cart bag for 128 delivered from GCO. Seemed good value for a new bag with 14 way full length dividers.

oz01
9th September 2020, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys. I like the look fo the H2No, but not sure I want the waterproof option agin.

I am going to have a look at the PING DLX today. Has a tour bag look to it, without being too bulky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pt73
9th September 2020, 02:42 PM
Just got an email from Golf Stitch in Sydney who has the H2NO Lite Cart bags on sale for $349, Staff Bag for $369 and Carry Bag for $349, his website has higher prices so maybe you'll need to confirm by email.

Sorry no idea what shipping would be.

Z3RO
9th September 2020, 04:35 PM
My eagles & birdies bag has a nifty rain coat that is stored at the base. Takes about one minute if that to set up.

markTHEblake
9th September 2020, 07:41 PM
My eagles & birdies bag has a nifty rain coat that is stored at the base. Takes about one minute if that to set up.I had a bag like that once. But if it takes a minute then you maybe a bit uncoordinated :-)

Courty
9th September 2020, 08:35 PM
Just got an email from Golf Stitch in Sydney who has the H2NO Lite Cart bags on sale for $349, Staff Bag for $369 and Carry Bag for $349, his website has higher prices so maybe you'll need to confirm by email.

The site is updated now. That's a great price... I paid $470ish for mine only a few months ago.

pt73
10th September 2020, 11:56 AM
I emailed him about the discrepancy and he replied that he can't offer those prices online due to manufacturer restrictions so it's only an in-store price.

Maybe you can email him to get the reduced price.

oz01
10th September 2020, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys. I decided on the Ping DLX that I could by from a local.
Test run this weekend. I’ll post my thoughts on it.
Cheers.