PDA

View Full Version : Sydney fit

TheSlicedLife
12th August 2020, 05:27 PM
Hi all would just like to get everyone's opinion on fittings!
I'm making the call and going to get fit for a set instead of diagnosing myself and meh faults.
I've only got my local drummond but was wondering if I should just go to a more dedicated place like pureform or coolclubz.

I've recently been playing more frequently and have dropped my handicap from 25 to 18, so just wanted to ask the brains Trust and see if it's worth doing and will help or just grind it out with the current set.
Ty in advance 😁

8081travis
12th August 2020, 05:37 PM
I’d give cool clubs a go mate, been to both and they are far and away better. Don’t push you to buy, will give you the specs and you can order anywhere

oldracer
12th August 2020, 05:50 PM
Hi all would just like to get everyone's opinion on fittings!
I'm making the call and going to get fit for a set instead of diagnosing myself and meh faults.
I've only got my local drummond but was wondering if I should just go to a more dedicated place like pureform or coolclubz.

I've recently been playing more frequently and have dropped my handicap from 25 to 18, so just wanted to ask the brains Trust and see if it's worth doing and will help or just grind it out with the current set.
Ty in advance ������
now is the ideal time to get fitted, see Jack at Cool Clubs, not a bad bloke for a POM..... seriously worth every cent

3oneday
12th August 2020, 06:38 PM
Are you a member of a club yet?

For me, the question is will you be fitted for a set suited to an 18 marker, or someone who is improving past that?

If you’re a member of a club, go for a lesson and raise the question of different or better clubs.

TheSlicedLife
12th August 2020, 07:22 PM
That's a fair question, didn't think about the Getting fit as a 18 marker or aspiring to go lowerBut total makes sense. Yes I am a member of a club but unfortunately therIs no pro atm so I get lessons from someoneElse but again unfortunately they don't doFittings and what they've told me is they Can only order the clubs from them. I really would like to get down lower and iThink a 15 by the end of the year isn't a farReach but I guess we'll see what happens haha.
Are you a member of a club yet?For me, the question is will you be fitted for a set suited to an 18 marker, or someone who is improving past that?If you’re a member of a club, go for a lesson and raise the question of different or better clubs.

TheSlicedLife
9th December 2020, 12:10 PM
Hi all, just to re-hash this topic and whats been happening.
I've just impulsed bought a set of clubs which will now have to be adjusted.
I play well with the set as is, with everything being standard setup for that brand and set,
but i know I normally play a much flatter lie angle.
Can anyone please recommend someone reputable and has had experience with in the south west
area "Campbelltown" .
Cheers everyone.

backintheswing
9th December 2020, 01:25 PM
Hi all, just to re-hash this topic and whats been happening.
I've just impulsed bought a set of clubs which will now have to be adjusted.
I play well with the set as is, with everything being standard setup for that brand and set,
but i know I normally play a much flatter lie angle.
Can anyone please recommend someone reputable and has had experience with in the south west
area "Campbelltown" .
Cheers everyone.Maybe turtle [emoji217]

Captain Nemo
9th December 2020, 05:47 PM
There’s a fitter down there, I’ll have to try remember who they are.

NewyMitch
28th November 2023, 08:03 PM
Instead of starting a new thread does anyone have an update on this?

I'm looking at doing a fitting for my birthday early next year. Anywhere from Newcastle down to Sydney works. I'd like to try the Ping range and I would really like to hit off real grass if anywhere has that option?

sms316
29th November 2023, 10:40 AM
Paul Davis at Beverley Park.

/sponsored comment

mahons
29th November 2023, 10:59 AM
You are in Newcastle and want to try Ping with the option of hitting off real grass - see Jason Laws at Newcastle Golf Club.

NewyMitch
29th November 2023, 06:51 PM
You are in Newcastle and want to try Ping with the option of hitting off real grass - see Jason Laws at Newcastle Golf Club. Do you know anyone who's done a fitting there?

mahons
30th November 2023, 12:33 PM
My cousin is a member at Newcastle and has been fit by Jason - very pleased.

NewyMitch
8th December 2023, 12:43 PM
Thanks.

No other recommendations?