PDA

View Full Version : Tour Tempo

amanda
18th August 2004, 01:23 PM
Has anyone read the Tour Tempo book?

jaster
18th August 2004, 02:51 PM
Nope, sorry Amanda but looks like another quick fix to me :( Nothing beats good old fashioned hard work 8)

andylo
18th August 2004, 03:11 PM
Nothing beats good old fashioned hard work 8)

Why it doesn't work for me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ona
18th August 2004, 03:24 PM
miro has.. he's on some other forum noones really heard about :roll:

Fishman Dan
18th August 2004, 03:30 PM
Nope, sorry Amanda but looks like another quick fix to me :( Nothing beats good old fashioned hard work 8)

Where can i buy this so called 'Hard work'?

burger
18th August 2004, 03:43 PM
Can I get someone to do some of that 'hard work' for me??? :oops:

jaster
18th August 2004, 04:36 PM

Andy - Give me a rundown of your weekly practice routine?

jaster
18th August 2004, 04:56 PM

Where can i buy this so called 'Hard work'?

Just send me $100 via direct deposit and I'll post a bit, no refunds though ;)

andylo
19th August 2004, 07:27 AM

At least 3 times a week in the range. (Decreased due to new work)

1/2 hr for pitch & warm up
2 hrs on Full swing from short irons to woods then back to short irons
15 mins course simulation
1 hr pitching again
then putting green the rest of the time until the owner of the range kick me outta the place.

Fishman Dan
19th August 2004, 08:16 AM
A-Lo,

Have you got your handicap yet? How many cards have you handed in?
So many hours are being spent at the range, but the key is to get out on the course! Those 150 mtr 7-irons at the range may fly dead-straight, but it makes a huge difference to get out to a course and aim for a flag 150 mtrs away.

Don't worry about scores, just get out there and do it!

andylo
19th August 2004, 08:25 AM
Fishy,

G69 had thru me with this b4 and trust me I spend more time on course than most people here in the forum.

At least 1 full 18 holes game everyweek plus all the other quick 9 holes (long and short) whenever I have a chance/ditch works/ditch gf.....

Fishman Dan
19th August 2004, 09:33 AM
Fishy,

G69 had thru me with this b4 and trust me I spend more time on course than most people here in the forum.

At least 1 full 18 holes game everyweek plus all the other quick 9 holes (long and short) whenever I have a chance/ditch works/ditch gf.....

Andy, sorry but perhaps you misunderstood me. Even when you are playing those full rounds, hand the scorecards in to get your handicap.

When you get your handicap, you know how good you are. And then you can *really* start improving! I started on 26, and in a year i was down to 16. Mind you, i wasn't doing all the extra work you are! But get your handicap, then you can go into any comp!

andylo
19th August 2004, 09:45 AM
I had a few score cards already just need to get onewood to sign it this Saturday.

jaster
19th August 2004, 11:16 AM

At least 3 times a week in the range. (Decreased due to new work)

2 hrs on Full swing from short irons to woods then back to short irons
1 hr pitching again
then putting green the rest of the time until the owner of the range kick me outta the place.

2hrs a session 3 times a week is way too much Full swing work, hang on...let me say that again in capitals...2HRS A SESSION 3 TIMES A WEEK IS WAY TOO LONG FOR FULL SWING WORK!!!

I strongly suggest you halve this time, and use 30min extra for your chipping and the extra 30min to your putting.

Also, most beginners waste there time learning the full swing and waiting until they start breaking 100 to work on their putting, why? Most shots are wasted on the greens (this is where i waste around 3 - 6 every game) with the average beginner probably wasting around 10 or more putts.....so I suggest this routine.

1 hr (or more!!!) putting
1 hr on Full swing from short irons to woods then back to short irons
1hr pitching again and the putting green the rest of the time until the owner of the range kick me outta the place.

Speak to me again in 6 months a we'll see where your at ;)

Also, Fishman makes a great point.....a handicap should be your number 1 priority and until you get one you are just a driving range golfer!!

If you are serious about improving (which by the amount of time you are practicing it appears you are) then with dedication and patience you can achieve anything but you need goals to work towards..both long term and short term.

Remember though the MAIN reason golf is "the best sport ever" is that it is a long term commitment, sometimes taking 20 years to reach your best and certainly one that you can play well into your retirement...this means you have another 50 odd years andy ;)

AndyP
19th August 2004, 11:52 AM
If you are serious about improving (which by the amount of time you are practicing it appears you are) then with dedication and patience you can achieve anything.
Can he get to scratch by next year?
Why don't we start a thread? "From driving range golfer to scratch in one year".

Wait...I get the feeling I have seen something like this before. :-k :wink:

Ona
19th August 2004, 02:32 PM
things i like about this forum:

#_ almost every thread is a serious conversation at best vaguely linked to the original topic :D

Fishman Dan
19th August 2004, 02:34 PM
Ona - you're dead set on the money there.

PS - off topic, but i love that avatar ;) :lol:

Jarro
19th August 2004, 04:10 PM
yeah mate.... LOVE THE AVATAR :smt023

Ona
19th August 2004, 04:38 PM
cristie kerr aims to please 8)

nick
19th August 2004, 04:46 PM
She's never gonna be able to live down that photo, I've seen it around everywhere.

Nick

jaster
19th August 2004, 06:05 PM
Can he get to scratch by next year?
Why don't we start a thread? "From driving range golfer to scratch in one year".

Wait...I get the feeling I have seen something like this before.

No he can't, but I hope he proves my wrong :shock: (if any threads like that stupid thread startup here it will be deleted :wink: )