PDA

View Full Version : Social outing!

Golf_Novice
7th September 2006, 08:46 AM
Hi guys & girls!!!

As you know I joined ozgolf a few months ago and started golf lessons, etc to improve my game! However, I'm still not a pro yet, but enjoying it anyway :)

I wanted to put out there an idea of a social day of golf where people who aren't the greatest players can enjoy a day out playing golf and meeting others off the forums...

Thinking of a day where handicaps don't count... there's no prizes for first... just golf, beer, and maybe a BBQ at the end. Girls and guys to be involved and even half interested partners (who aren't on the forum!)

I just think I'd be more inclined to continuously let my partner spend a Sunday out playing golf if I was included once in awhile...

So I want to hear your thoughts! Interested? Not interested? Venue for this day? etc. It will be held in SEQ of course, but interstaters are more than happy to attend if you're willing to travel :D

Love to hear your thoughts.......

:smt061

BrisVegas
7th September 2006, 09:02 AM
Corinda is a good venue for social days. 9 hole course that's not too brutal and there's also a pitch and putt course and they do a good BBQ snag....

Golf_Novice
7th September 2006, 09:04 AM
Would you be interested????

Rusty
7th September 2006, 10:50 AM
yep, interested.

BrisVegas
7th September 2006, 10:51 AM
maybe later in the year... Perhaps as a Xmas/End of Year get together?

I had a golf day & BBQ at my place last year in early December which was good fun. Whilst I doubt my lovely wife would want to host again, that format worked quite well. Perhaps we could play it on a cheaper "hacker-friendly" course this time too...

jaster
7th September 2006, 11:05 AM
I would be very interested in trying to make this and agree that Corinda would be perfect, fun 9 hole jaunt and great BBQ area.

Iain
7th September 2006, 06:26 PM
Well... any further suggestions on when you may like to hold it. We can always organise two within the last 4 months of the year. Have one end Sept/start Oct and one later in Dec ??

Any thoughts on that...??

I'm determined to organise this soon :D

Iain
7th September 2006, 06:27 PM
Oh whoops - wrong sign in.....

Keza_G
7th September 2006, 06:42 PM
Oh whoops - wrong sign in.....

Holy Crap ???? is that you Iain ??? or someone else....:confused: :confused:

Iain
7th September 2006, 07:37 PM
Was someone else...

BrisVegas
7th September 2006, 09:59 PM
so Golf Novice is Iain's squeeze eh.... Cool, mystery solved.

Jarro
8th September 2006, 06:19 AM
so Golf Novice is Iain's squeeze eh.... Cool, mystery solved.

.. or does that mean Iain has 2 identities ???? :-s

Hmmmmm, the plot thickens.

BrisVegas
8th September 2006, 12:56 PM
.. or does that mean Iain has 2 identities ???? :-s

Hmmmmm, the plot thickens.

I didn't imply that Iain couldn't squeeze himself...

BrisWesty
8th September 2006, 04:51 PM
Is this Iain's identity when he stands on the other side of the ball?

Iain
8th September 2006, 05:50 PM
What'd I do.....

terryand
8th September 2006, 06:54 PM
I think he's implying you are a cross dresser :shock:

Terry.

scarfie1
8th September 2006, 07:32 PM
I'd be keen. I just joined ozgolf and don't know anyone, so it would be a good opportunity to do so. I'm on the Gold Coast so going to Brissy is easy. Anytime after end of october suits me.

BrisVegas
8th September 2006, 08:16 PM
welcome aboard scarfie1! Hope to see you at a golf day soon. Are you coming to the champs at Bribie (last weekend in Oct) ???

P.S. Cool clubs by the way... Add another one to the 510TP group.

mrsbrisvegas
8th September 2006, 10:07 PM
"... I doubt my lovely wife would want to host again"

Apparently I told Mr BrisVegas that there would be no bbq at our place this year. I don't remember and would be happy to have it here. The only downside is Brooky is so expensive so perhaps have the golf part somewhere else (?Gailes) and the bbq here.

Cheers,

MrsBrisVegas.

scarfie1
9th September 2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks Brisvegas, I didn't know about the champs actually. In fact i'm out of town until the 31st so doesn't look like I'll make it, maybe next time. I'm real keen to play in as many comps/social outings as possible, so I'll keep my eye out. This seems like a good site to meet/play with some fellow club ho's!

goughy
9th September 2006, 08:25 AM
Club ho's is an understatement! Welcome scarfie1. There's a few down the coast too.

Golf_Novice
15th September 2006, 06:28 PM
Well - I'm still continuing with this idea. Would like to gather names and look at maybe last weekend in Oct or first in Nov...

Lets book it in now before too much else comes up :)

And yes - Iain does like to squeeze himself sometimes ;) hehe

AndyP
15th September 2006, 06:46 PM
maybe last weekend in Oct or first in Nov...
I'm interested, if the weekend suits.
But you'll find that you've got no chance of getting many to turn up on the last weekend of October. That weekend is when we all travel to Bribie for our champs.