PDA

View Full Version : Ace gloves

Flavzz
19th July 2020, 07:15 PM
Has anyone tried these?
https://www.acegolfgloves.com.au/collections/all/products/synthetic-leather-golf-glove

thecollective
19th July 2020, 07:15 PM
I have,

They are good, not great but a solid affordable leather glove

Flavzz
19th July 2020, 07:18 PM
I have,They are good, not great but a solid affordable leather glove Which version did you try TC?

thecollective
19th July 2020, 07:20 PM
Players leather glove.

Personally I prefer the TM Stratus Tech, but hey they are good for what they are

Flavzz
19th July 2020, 07:23 PM
Players leather glove.Personally I prefer the TM Stratus Tech, but hey they are good for what they are Ok cheers.Except it's TM.. They would have released 4 new drivers between you ordering and receiving it.

Flavzz
19th July 2020, 08:11 PM
Anyone tried these? https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/pro-fx-cabretta-leather-glove-3-pack.html

MAZA68
19th July 2020, 08:34 PM
Anyone tried these? https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/pro-fx-cabretta-leather-glove-3-pack.html

Got some a few weeks back, seem good value. Have only played a couple of rounds with them and they are fine. Only comment I would make is they are a little bit short in the cuff then previous gloves.

thecollective
19th July 2020, 10:42 PM
They also get a bit warped in the cuff after a few rounds (I found).

The grade of the leather starts to show as well. You can feel the ‘stringyness’ of it in your finger tips.

Still does the job though; in my case stopping blisters and minimizing eczema (this time of year only)

Flavzz
19th July 2020, 10:49 PM
Ok, appreciate the feedback. I've always found it hard to find a decent glove without breaking the bank.

Flavzz
20th July 2020, 09:00 AM
Just ordered one of the Players gloves and the leather glove holder. 30% off the glove holder when you order the combo.

markTHEblake
20th July 2020, 12:24 PM
There is a new no-name brand glove on Ebay for $6.80 a piece, just search, they rank highly. Might be called ONE

I have made enquiries on wholesale leather gloves in the past direct from manufacturers, at minimum quantity of 5000 i cant see how anyone can be making money at $6.80 a glove. Must be manufacturer direct.

pt73
20th July 2020, 12:35 PM
I bought some but have only used one and it stretched quite a bit which was surprising given the good reviews online.

Everything else about it was fine.

Flavzz
20th July 2020, 12:37 PM
There is a new no-name brand glove on Ebay for $6.80 a piece, just search, they rank highly. Might be called ONE I have made enquiries on wholesale leather gloves in the past direct from manufacturers, at minimum quantity of 5000 i cant see how anyone can be making money at $6.80 a glove. Must be manufacturer direct. Thanks MTB. I did see something like that on eBay last night. Did seem a bit too cheap hence I browsed straight past it.

Flavzz
20th July 2020, 12:51 PM
I bought some but have only used one and it stretched quite a bit which was surprising given the good reviews online.Everything else about it was fine. Ok. They're out of stock in all but small sizes now anyway.

Flavzz
26th July 2020, 10:08 PM
Tried the Ace Players glove today. Definitely impressed with the quality for the price. Will be interesting to see how many rounds it lasts. I did notice the cuff curling up a little but wasn't an issue for me.

Flavzz
3rd August 2020, 09:42 PM
3 rounds into this glove. Pretty happy with it so far. Super comfy. It fits so well it's actually a little difficult to take off to putt. It's about the only negative I can report.

Flavzz
18th October 2020, 07:18 PM
Ace are having a 15% off sale this week. Just use the code ACE15 if you're interested. I was quite happy with mine the first time around so will order a couple more.

sheezymaneezy
31st January 2021, 07:42 PM
Hey Flavzz, what's your long term review on the Ace gloves?

Flavzz
31st January 2021, 07:50 PM
Pretty good mate. The only question I have is about the durability compared to other full leather gloves however I think the life of a full leather golf glove is pretty limited. The only other one I can compare it to is the Titleist players glove and I think it was probably similar. I have bought the Ace Glove holder Case which I now use to store the gloves after use and I think it does help to extend their life. I probably get a solid 6-8 rounds out of a glove before having to change. Definitely worth a go for the price IMO. I need to do another order now I think about it.

markTHEblake
1st February 2021, 08:21 AM
6-8? Thats terrible. I get double that at least.

Flavzz
1st February 2021, 09:22 AM
That's a conservative guess, it's probably longer.

markTHEblake
1st February 2021, 12:12 PM
I hope so! I checked my orders, i bought 6 gloves 05/2018 and have 3 left. Roughly I reckon i have used 7-8 gloves in that period.

sheezymaneezy
1st February 2021, 01:50 PM
6-8? Thats terrible. I get double that at least.

Haha I was thinking that too. Maybe Flavzz grips his clubs like he's hanging off a cliff? :wink:

Will give them a go, cheap enough I couldn't really complain, but I'd hope they last a fair bit longer.

Johnny Canuck
1st February 2021, 02:10 PM
Can anyone that has bought these compare the size to the Srixon leather gloves by any chance? That's my normal go to.

From memory, the Titleist Player's fits ok as well

Hatchman
2nd February 2021, 12:50 PM
Haha I was thinking that too. Maybe Flavzz grips his clubs like he's hanging off a cliff? :wink:

Will give them a go, cheap enough I couldn't really complain, but I'd hope they last a fair bit longer.

I used to wear a hole in the thumb within 3-4 rounds when I went through a faze of wearing a glove.
It's been no glove for 90% of my playing.

rick3003
7th February 2021, 04:39 PM
Can anyone that has bought these compare the size to the Srixon leather gloves by any chance? That's my normal go to.

From memory, the Titleist Player's fits ok as well
I normally play the srixon leather glove in XL and the ACE is definitely a little bigger.

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2021, 04:40 PM
I normally play the srixon leather glove in XL and the ACE is definitely a little bigger.

Great. Thanks Rick.

thatguy
26th November 2021, 11:56 AM
Been using these since reading this post and found them to be as good as any of the OEM options. Now on 4th one and found they've been very resistant to wearing through in the usual spots. Only thing is they do like, all gloves, loose their shape after 20+ rounds at which point I switch to a new one the old one goes in the bag for days when its going to be wet or alike and I need a backup.

Having a Black Friday sale today so 30% off everything. Stocked up as Leather gloves for $11 is too good to pass up. Ordered the rain glove too as current FJ one is end of its useful life - see https://acegolfgloves.com.au/

Johnny Canuck
26th November 2021, 03:41 PM
Been using these since reading this post and found them to be as good as any of the OEM options. Now on 4th one and found they've been very resistant to wearing through in the usual spots. Only thing is they do like, all gloves, loose their shape after 20+ rounds at which point I switch to a new one the old one goes in the bag for days when its going to be wet or alike and I need a backup.

Having a Black Friday sale today so 30% off everything. Stocked up as Leather gloves for $11 is too good to pass up. Ordered the rain glove too as current FJ one is end of its useful life - see https://acegolfgloves.com.au/

Do you find these fit a bit larger than other brands as well?

sheezymaneezy
26th November 2021, 04:27 PM
Do you find these fit a bit larger than other brands as well?

I've found they fit similar to other brands. I was using the Titty Permasoft in M/L and I also order the same size with Ace Gloves.

As thatguy said, they're as good as anything I've come across but far cheaper.

Johnny Canuck
26th November 2021, 06:09 PM
I've found they fit similar to other brands. I was using the Titty Permasoft in M/L and I also order the same size with Ace Gloves.

As thatguy said, they're as good as anything I've come across but far cheaper.

Fantastic.

Cheers. Will order some now.