PDA

View Full Version : Titleist 905 S and T info

kwantfm
5th September 2006, 05:12 PM
Okay guys,

Sounds like these are great for 400 cc drivers. For those who have hit both can you please compare performance, spin, feel and launch with the 510 TP?

Thanks,
T

nudgee
5th September 2006, 05:24 PM
Terrence,

I have played many 905Ts and many 905s and a few 510 TPs and I beleieve that the 905s is very similar to the 510 TO in terms of shape, trajectory and spin. The 905T is a great driver more forgiving than the 905S but a ton more spin - not as penetrating flight as the 905S.

The way I see these drivers is as follows:

905S is the equivalent of a blade iron
905T is the equivalent of a cavity back iron

I find the 905s also easier to shape than the 905T.

Cheers

McMw
5th September 2006, 05:52 PM
905S is the equivalent of a blade iron
905T is the equivalent of a cavity back iron
great analogy there...

I've hit both - the T defn felt easier off the face (softer?) then the S did...
I didn't care too much about the S...would have had the T in the bag if I had bought the right shaft/loft combo straight off...

kwantfm
5th September 2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the responses guys... these drivers seem to be going for a song now.

Jarro
5th September 2006, 06:19 PM
Bloody Ho :p

kwantfm
5th September 2006, 07:40 PM
All I want are options... preferrably cheap options!

Moe Norman
5th September 2006, 08:19 PM
i have a couple of T's kwantfm

kwantfm
5th September 2006, 08:22 PM
Moe, I'm probably looking more at the S... will take a look at the club pro shop on the w/e.

Toolish
5th September 2006, 08:44 PM
Go the S!!!

BrisVegas
5th September 2006, 08:52 PM
I have only hit one T, but several S's. As usual the shaft seems to be critical. If you have a shaft that works for you, then I'd say the S will be an honest performer. The T is a solid club too, and probably a touch easier to use. I get decent launch results with the S that I've got so no point changing for now...

It was a couple of years ago now that I tried Gaz's 510TP with Fuji Speeder shaft. That really opened my eyes to the importance of a good shaft. I reshafted the 975JVS I had at the time and it transformed the club. The club was totally transformed once I found a shaft that worked... I went on the launch monitor before and after the reshaft and the improvements was startling.

jaster
5th September 2006, 08:56 PM
I hit both the T and the S at the range today. Nudgee's analog is about spot on. I actually like the way the T come off the face but the S for my money is the better driver. Pity neither of them can beat the FT-3 ;)

BrisVegas
5th September 2006, 09:00 PM
Pity neither of them can beat the FT-3 ;)

yeah, this week.... :smt002

jaster
5th September 2006, 09:06 PM
No chance mate, FT-3 is as straight as anything I have hit and after todays range session it is certainly more forgiving. Never thought I would be blowing Callaway's trumpet but I am starting!!

BrisVegas
5th September 2006, 09:23 PM
No chance mate, FT-3 is as straight as anything I have hit and after todays range session it is certainly more forgiving. Never thought I would be blowing Callaway's trumpet but I am starting!!

Mate, pleased it's working for you. I've known you a while now and I've heard it all before! No chance.... hah!!! :-D :-D

jaster
5th September 2006, 09:25 PM
I ho cause it works not cause I can BV, you should know that by now then :p