PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwin Dies

Courty
4th September 2006, 02:21 PM
:shock:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20349534-952,00.html

3oneday
4th September 2006, 02:24 PM
At least he died doing what he loved, very sad though....

BrisVegas
4th September 2006, 02:24 PM
crikey.

Webster
4th September 2006, 02:26 PM
At he wasn't holding onto a week old baby when it happened.

AndyP
4th September 2006, 02:27 PM
Gotta feel for the kids.

Courty
4th September 2006, 02:28 PM
crikey.

[-X

Can't help but laugh, though. Is that bad? :oops:

poidda
4th September 2006, 02:44 PM
It is sad. I wonder how long it'll take before the first email full of jokes is out.

dc68
4th September 2006, 02:47 PM
Holy shit I have my son this weekend and he was a Croc hunter nut.....man he is gonna be crushed.

Keza_G
4th September 2006, 03:20 PM
I love you Steve ......

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eag's
4th September 2006, 03:21 PM
Very sad news indeed :(
The bloke was crazy but you had to like him.

markTHEblake
4th September 2006, 04:19 PM
Amazing - thats almost like Evil Knevial dying cos he slipped while mowing the lawn.

Never heard much about Stingray barbs before but a quick google search shows they are very very lethal when stabbed in the upper torso.

amanda
4th September 2006, 04:25 PM
Cripes - we saw Steve and his family at Australia Zoo a few years ago - he was larger than life (or TV) - I hope his family continues the great work they do for conservation and education.

Jarro
4th September 2006, 04:28 PM
very sad indeed :(

3oneday
4th September 2006, 04:29 PM
Never heard much about Stingray barbs before but a quick google search shows they are very very lethal when stabbed in the upper torso.sounds damn painful I reckon !!!

dc68
4th September 2006, 04:32 PM
he would not have felt it apparently death was instant. But a mate here at work got wacked in the hand he said it was incredibly painful......bit like you 3oneD.

:p

BrisWesty
4th September 2006, 04:33 PM
Awful news.
Mrs BW contacted her brother and her brother's girlfriend. They're involved in zoology in Tassie. They've done some work with Steve and Terri and they are both absolutely gutted.

Jarro
4th September 2006, 04:40 PM
Be interesting to see how the Yanks handle this ..... they love the guy :shock:

Webster
4th September 2006, 05:20 PM
A real shame to see a great Victorian cut down in his prime...

McMw
4th September 2006, 06:22 PM
wonder what he did or if he did anything to provoke the attack....

Grunt
4th September 2006, 06:46 PM
Sad News indeed, was weird hearing it at work today. Don't know how many people said "Crikey"

wavemaker
4th September 2006, 07:04 PM
Got me stuffed just how that could happen. Laceration I can see, but a stab? Hmmmm, musta got into some queer positions. Sorry for all the family and fans.

Eag's
4th September 2006, 08:17 PM
I knew he was a popular bloke but head over to http://www.news.com.au/0,,qld,00.html and check out all the posts from all corners of the globe :shock:

Moe Norman
4th September 2006, 11:03 PM
so is it too early for jokes?

Choppa
4th September 2006, 11:20 PM
Yep

Trung
5th September 2006, 01:05 AM
I was with a few americans last night playing poker at one of their house. They spoke about croc in australia and Steve Irwin the croc hunter... Little did I know hes dead as we spoke.

dc68
5th September 2006, 12:25 PM
Spoke to the ex last night to see how my young bloke was going..she said he found out at school and had a cry in the car on the way home. He was very worried who was going to teach him about animals now that Steve was dead. I could actually picture him saying it and was glad I wasn't there as I probably would have had a sook too....poor little fella, he just idolised Steve.

Keza_G
5th September 2006, 05:00 PM
I told my girls this morning.... Miss 6 cried and miss 4 said..."It's ok, we can see Steve on the Wiggles Safari Video, come on... I'll show you" and they raced off to the Play room to watch the dvd....

Kids have funny ways of remembering things...

Golf_Novice
6th September 2006, 09:15 AM
It's such a terrible tragedy. I watched the tribute to him last night and couldn't help but wipe away a tear or two...

It's strange that we never really know these celebrities personally, but when they pass, it touches everyone.

I feel for the family and his mate, John Stainton who was there when he passed. He was very distressed on the news. Don't blame him. It's just a freak accident.

It's right though.. how many people can say they died doing what they loved so much. At least he's now giving them hell upstairs :)

RIP Steve Irwin.

Courty
6th September 2006, 02:30 PM
Do you think in years to come this event will be bundled into the categories of :
- where were you when man landed on the moon ?
- where were you when princess died ?
- Where were you when JFK was shot ?
- Where were you when John lennon died ?

Can't say that I was around when any of these happened (except for Princess Di, but I don't remember where I was then :???:) But I do remember when I heard about what was happening in New York on 9/11. And I will remember where I was when I heard about the Croc Hunter as well.

Golf_Novice
7th September 2006, 08:34 AM
I remember when I heard Steve had died my first reaction was YEAH RIGHT! I thought it was one of those hoaxes again. Like everyone said - he was invinsible. The more I watch these tributes though I sometimes think "What an idiot!" I watch him hold snakes, crocodiles, swim with sharks, etc. He was crazy!! Hehe!! But a great part of Australia!! :D

Flowergirl
7th September 2006, 11:16 AM
I'll always remember where I was. We were on on a bus in Shanghai and someone got a text message. We couldn't believe it. We all suddenly felt such a long way from home.:cry: So sad. I just hope his children don't get too much pressure on them as they get older to follow in his footsteps unless it is their passion too. It's going to be so very hard for them.

damoocow
7th September 2006, 11:16 PM
FFS - isn't it time you all got over it ?

damoocow

3oneday
7th September 2006, 11:32 PM
FFS - isn't it time you all got over it ?thanks Germaine :p

Jarro
8th September 2006, 06:32 AM
wouldn't you like to punch that Germaine Greer bitch fair in the face :x

Fishman Dan
8th September 2006, 07:22 AM
so is it too early for jokes?

Who's his favourite performer?

And there's one about wearing sunscreen....

wouldn't you like to punch that Germaine Greer bitch fair in the face :x

I picked up the paper here in London and they had taken a GG quote well out of context. She's not off the hook, but she did write a good article, and the out-take quote was a little unfair.

McMw
11th September 2006, 11:11 AM
animal planet has had a week long special on Steve Irwin, and not sure if it's going on for the whole of this week...

a week is already too much...

Jarro
11th September 2006, 11:32 AM
i agree McMw :roll:

dc68
11th September 2006, 11:36 AM
Well having the young fella over the weekend pretty much led to Croc OD.
When it was raining Sunday morning I was like oh oh, had like 8 hrs of Steve......was ok though the little fella was loving it.