PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds?

JJJ
17th August 2004, 11:55 PM
TM only made 20 left handed 300 Tours and two (including msiffi's) are up on Ebay at the moment. I don't think I've ever seen one up there and now there are 2 at the same time. :shock:

Now I'll have to work out if I sack the 320 Tour for a Holy Grail.

JJ

McMw
18th August 2004, 12:44 AM
JJJ....

how's the 320Tour going???

I've got one now, fitted with the Prolite 35s, and it's abt as good as the original 320 I had with the Prolite 35s - CRAP!!!

the ball launches way too high for my liking...THE only reason why I got rid of the 320 in the first place!!! :roll:

Jarro
18th August 2004, 03:37 AM
How much are they at now JJJ :?:

Do they come with the 757 shaft :?: I'd say grab one, they are an awesome club ... and like you say..rare as hens teeth :shock:

AndyP
18th August 2004, 08:41 AM
Now I'll have to work out if I sack the 320 Tour for a Holy Grail.

Depends if it is still going as well as it was a couple of weeks ago. :P

JJJ
18th August 2004, 03:58 PM
Jarro,

My 320 Tour had a Prolite when I got it last month and the first thing I did was get Ben to put an NV 75S in it. It now launches at a great medium traj and is silly straight. When I played with Andy he put the curse on it for the day but before and after it has been very well behaved.

THe 300 Tours are interesting. Right hand ones seem to be getting between US$200 and US$260 depending on shaft. Both of the lefties seem to want between US$450 and US$550 based mainly on the fact there are only 20 of them in existence. I can't see them getting that. You can get an R7 TP for almost the same money. The 300 Tours are now 3 years old and TM have come a fair way since then. The fact they are on the market means that some of the newer stuff is better. My guess is they are only worth US$300 to US$350 max or about what you'd pay for a new 510 TP. I've seen the occassional 500 Tour in lefty go for less than US$400.

JJ

Fishman Dan
18th August 2004, 04:35 PM
The fact they are on the market means that some of the newer stuff is better

But how much of that is people selling their older gear because it's 3+ years old? You don't think these same people have a newer/similar driver and they want that 'spunk' factor of having the new gear on show? Either that, or they are selling their older gear (while it's still worth *something*) to pay for their R7's, or their new sets of irons ;)

McMw
18th August 2004, 05:08 PM
JJJ....

no love for the XDs???

JJJ
18th August 2004, 06:01 PM
Fishman,

There was an interesting review of the TM Tour products a while ago on BSG. It was felt that the 300 TM WAS the Holy Grail but then the 500 Tour was a better 300 Tour, the 510 TP Tour was longer and more forgiving than the 500 Tour and the R7 Tour better again. Impossible to say without sitting down and doing a test session with all of them back to back but the fact they are on the market seems to indicate that as good as the 300 Tour is/was perhaps the new stuff is better.

McMw
If I could find say a 540XD Tour without needing to mortgage the house I'd be interested but lefty Tour clubs are very rare and current models even more so. The retail XD stuff is very cheap now but once you sit the Tour clubs next to retail ones and see how closed the faces on the retail stuff are....

JJ

drunken
18th August 2004, 06:09 PM
mmm lefty tour clubs..... =P~

Onewood
18th August 2004, 06:12 PM
JJJ,
As you say they maybe getting rid of them because of age. send them an e-mail and see how bad they really want to sell them :roll:

I have one and it's the best driver I've owned :D Not that I've had many drivers, like some of the ho's here :D

Jarro
18th August 2004, 06:16 PM
JJJ,

.. i've hit a 300Tour, 510TP and retail R7 side by side.. and i have to say that the 300 was the worst performing of the bunch.

Both the 300 and 510 had a speeder 757 stiff so i was keen to try 'em out.

The 510TP had it all over the 300Tour in every department .... with the R7 only marginally shorter in length than the 510TP.

On pure strikes, the 300 was very good.. but overall my R7 is a much better fairway finder 8)

JJJ
18th August 2004, 06:23 PM
Jarro,

Thanks you just saved me about $600. :D I'm actually lusting after a 510 TP and I figure one will appear cheap enough one day soon.

JJ

Trung
18th August 2004, 06:54 PM
On pure strikes, the 300 was very good.. but overall my R7 is a much better fairway finder 8)

What is your % of pure driver shots? :D

Jarro
18th August 2004, 06:57 PM

What is your % of pure driver shots? :D

not very high :oops:

How are you liking your R7 Trung :?:

Trung
18th August 2004, 07:17 PM
Have it on "draw". The right side is now out of play (95% of the time :roll: ) .. Which is a little easier on the brain when hitting tee shots.

But now I tend to hit a few "way left" occasionally :oops:

How about your R7?

AndyP
18th August 2004, 09:15 PM
Have it on "draw". The right side is now out of play (95% of the time :roll: ) .. Which is a little easier on the brain when hitting tee shots.

When I had a try of jarro's R7, I can't remember hitting it right at all. I certainly remember straying it left a couple of times.

When I played with Andy he put the curse on it for the day but before and after it has been very well behaved.
Sorry mate. :oops:

Jarro
19th August 2004, 03:42 AM

How about your R7?

mine's set on draw as well mate .... goes like a rocket :!:

Love this club 8)