PDA

View Full Version : Ogio's broken ... need advice.

Jarro
17th August 2004, 04:14 PM
the strap on my stand bag has just about been torn away from the bag at the top join.

All the stitching has come undone :(

I've phoned every place i can think of, but no-one wants to know about trying to re-sew it for me :x

anyone have any suggestions :?: (nice ones that is :wink: )

McMw
17th August 2004, 04:17 PM
who did you call???
golf shops or the uphoulstery (sp?) ppl???

if not - you might wanna consider a new pair of Izzo straps - considerably less than forking out for a new bag...

Same thing happened to me couple of years ago, so the Taylor Made carry bag I have now, I put rubber insulation tape around the elbow of the strap to ease the friction...

Jarro
17th August 2004, 04:22 PM
who did you call???
golf shops or the uphoulstery (sp?) ppl???

all the upholstery places i phoned said the job was too big. I phoned the guy at my pro shop and he wasn't exactly helpfull :roll:

don't think i can replace the straps either, as they're sewn into the bag at the top and bottom :(

.. i'll keep phoning around :wink:

Trung
17th August 2004, 04:23 PM
the strap on my stand bag has just about been torn away from the bag at the top join.

All the stitching has come undone :(

I've phoned every place i can think of, but no-one wants to know about trying to re-sew it for me :x

anyone have any suggestions :?: (nice ones that is :wink: )

Jarro, what the? :shock:

what did you have in the bag? rocks???? or the new R7 must be heavy :P

Really sorry to hear mate, I'm sad myself as I sold it to you :cry:

Jarro
17th August 2004, 04:27 PM
Really sorry to hear mate, I'm sad myself as I sold it to you :cry:

no probs mate, thats the way it goes 8)

jaster
17th August 2004, 05:54 PM
Can lend you a slightly used PING Hoofer :wink: :lol:

I reckon try and email OGIO in fact I went to the OGIO website and found this: -

http://www.ogio.com/company/intl.cfm

AUSTRALIA

Madison Golf - Golf
Frank Wilson
Brian Swan
golf@madisonsport.co.au

The best thing is madison sport are based in QLD!!!!

http://www.madisonsport.com.au/ind.9.jpg

http://www.madisonsport.com.au/

Explain to them what happened and see if they can organise a replacement strap, probably work out cheaper ;)

Let us know what happened and good luck

Jaster

Jarro
17th August 2004, 06:06 PM
hey thanks Jaster ... i'll stop by and see them in person after work tomorrow 8)

goughy
17th August 2004, 06:40 PM
Forget upholsterers jarro. Most of us wouldn't have a sewing machine heavy enough to do the job.

I would suggest a canvas place. Not that they would necessarily do the job, but they would be more likely. They at least would have heavy machine which would be able to stich that type of fabric.

Jarro
17th August 2004, 07:33 PM
Forget upholsterers jarro. Most of us wouldn't have a sewing machine heavy enough to do the job.

thats what they all said Goughy :roll: .. one of them told me about this mob as being someone that might be able to help, ADDWEST

these guys do all sorts of heavy duty stitching.... tents, canvas and other things .. i'll try them as well 8)

damoocow
17th August 2004, 09:02 PM
have you talked to macca - I recall he had stitching probs a while ago - may be able to point you in the right direction.
damoocow

damoocow
17th August 2004, 09:04 PM
How about this ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1514&item=3693740792&rd=1

damoocow

he he he he he he he he

AndyP
17th August 2004, 09:21 PM
Why not buy a new bag? It's the ho way. :P

It's a shame that you haven't been able to find someone who can fix it. Although it seems like a messy job, it shouldn't result in the bag being thrown out. :(

jaster
17th August 2004, 10:00 PM
I think before all hope is lost for jarro we might wait until he contacts the aussie importer ;)

shu
17th August 2004, 11:40 PM
Heyy...i would like to know it goes too...i also have an ogio bag and the same thing is happening...the stiching where the strap is sewn onto the top bit of the bag is starting to unravel.

I'm wondering when it'll decide to snap off...it'll most likely occur mid-round!! Kinda disappointed that this is happening since it's the best carry bag I owned...and they don't sell Ogio bags in Perth either :(

markTHEblake
17th August 2004, 11:45 PM
what did you have in the bag? rocks????

Trung, you dont know just how close you came to the truth there. You can never find a brick in a hurry when you want to these days.

Now Jarro, have you found someone that does leather stuff? tHey should have the right gear for that.

I have also seen some heavy duty stitching tool in those mail order catalogue things people drop in your letterbox all the time.(i think)

jaster
19th August 2004, 09:35 PM
(queue Ronald Regan) Well, well, well, well, well.....well....;)

Jarro
20th August 2004, 03:41 AM
(queue Ronald Regan) Well, well, well, well, well.....well....;)

I phoned Madison golf up, and they told me that they no longer handle the distribution... so they gave me the number of the company that does..i phoned 'em... and they virtually told me to go piss off :evil:

I think i might buy another bag from Amart Allsports 8)

jaster
20th August 2004, 08:33 AM
B@stards!! :shock:

So dud you go from the point of view that you bought it from the US and you want it fixed? Maybe this is what pissed them off?
I would have told them I got it as a present and want a replacement strap ;)

amanda
20th August 2004, 08:35 AM
I phoned Madison golf up, and they told me that they no longer handle the distribution... so they gave me the number of the company that does..i phoned 'em... and they virtually told me to go p%ss off :evil:

Jarro - who handles the distribution these days? Do you have contact details for them?

Trung went and bought 2 golf bags last night - the crazy bugger drove from Sydney to Newcastle! The Flight and Voltage are the ones he got. I'm waiting for a review :wink:

markTHEblake
20th August 2004, 10:49 AM

well if you are going to throw it away, you can toss it towards me. i am too old and crippled to carry a bag anyway.

damoocow
20th August 2004, 11:45 AM
Call consumer affairs dept ! - or failing that one of the TV current affairs shows or even the courier mail - stick it up 'em.
damoocow

Trung
20th August 2004, 01:02 PM
Ogio. Great bags, great prices :D

Jarro
20th August 2004, 02:15 PM
I would have told them I got it as a present and want a replacement strap ;)

that's what i told them .... stupid pricks :x

anyway, i spoke to a guy today that seems to think he can fix it for me..Addwest at West End ... so i'll give them a go.

Wouldn't mind a new one though, just got back from Amart and had a look at the Ogios they have .... pretty good prices 8)

andylo
20th August 2004, 02:23 PM
jarro, if that doesn't fix can you show me the bag on Monday?

I think I know some asian sewing people may know how to fix it.

AndyP
20th August 2004, 03:28 PM
I think I know some asian sewing people may know how to fix it.
andylo, we don't support those sorts of factories here in Australia for humanity reasons. :wink:

jarro, I can't believe you are considering buying a new bag. I was joking when I suggested it. :smt011

Jarro
20th August 2004, 08:02 PM
jarro, I can't believe you are considering buying a new bag. I was joking when I suggested it. :smt011

pretty hard to go past those low,low prices :wink: :smt005

AndyP
21st August 2004, 05:29 PM
Well, I guess if the money is just sitting around. :roll:

Jarro
22nd August 2004, 04:03 AM
Well, I guess if the money is just sitting around. :roll:

yeah, it's a real pain in the arse .... Qantas just keeps throwing it at me :P :lol:

AndyP
6th May 2010, 11:53 AM
Hey jarro, I know this is going back ages, but how did you go with this? A strap on my bag broke on Monday, but it's not the part connected to the bag that failed, so it's more accessible than yours. Did you follow up with Addwest?

goughy
6th May 2010, 12:05 PM
If it's part of the strap itself, and especially if you can unclip the strap, try taking it to a canvas place. The ones that fix and make truck tarps etc etc.

Or take your own advice and buy a new bag - cheapskate!

Yossarian
8th June 2010, 04:33 PM
My ogio met with a bit of an accident the other week. Nothing a bit of glue won't fix.

However when it hit the tunnel and exploded out of the buggy I think the torq strap flew off into the ether. Does anyone know if you can get replacements? I tried the website and ebay with no result.

AndyP
8th June 2010, 04:44 PM
Henno was talking about their distributors the other day. You could try the previous distributors (Lucky Industries?) who OGIO still link to on their website, as Henno had some luck getting some legs off them. I can't recall who the new distributors were.

FYI the shoulder straps from my bag made a trip to Mr Minit and had some strap extensions sewn on for $25. Hopefully they last a while, but I'm also more conscious of the distribution of weight on the straps when I pick it up now.

Courty
8th June 2010, 05:10 PM
I have a well-used OGIO Edge here that I was going to sell, but can't really be bothered posting it anywhere.

I'm happy to scavenge it for parts.

henno
8th June 2010, 05:39 PM
Lusty were nothing short of helpful, eventhough they are no longer the local distributor.

Yossarian
8th June 2010, 05:42 PM
Courty that would be sensational if you could.

Lusty is it, I'll look em up.

AndyP
8th June 2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks for your help a month ago, Courty.

Jarro
8th June 2010, 06:08 PM
Henno was talking about their distributors the other day. You could try the previous distributors (Lucky Industries?) who OGIO still link to on their website, as Henno had some luck getting some legs off them. I can't recall who the new distributors were.

FYI the shoulder straps from my bag made a trip to Mr Minit and had some strap extensions sewn on for $25. Hopefully they last a while, but I'm also more conscious of the distribution of weight on the straps when I pick it up now.

Hopefully it turns out better for you than it did for me AndeePee.

The strap on my Ogio broke again not long after getting it repaired from the local Mr Minute :roll:

Courty
8th June 2010, 06:12 PM
If someone wants the straps off mine, let me know.

Yoss, you are after the Torq strap, correct?

Yossarian
8th June 2010, 06:28 PM
Affirmative courty!

Courty
9th June 2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks for your help a month ago, Courty.

I didn't have the bag then. It was mine originally, then I gave it to my Dad when I bought the first Sasquatch Tour stand bag. He has recently decided it's surplus to his needs so has given it back. So, what I'm basically trying to say is... GGF!