PDA

View Full Version : Project X shafts

3oneday
1st September 2006, 02:54 PM
I bought some project X Shafts off a guy on ebay in the states and they arrived today.

In his adverts (I won't post a link sorry) he is an ex Royal Precision employee.... I guess you could find them but I don't really need the guy hassled at this stage ;)

They arrived today and look fine, they are Parallel tip.... enough foreplay.....

The crux..... I ordered 5.0, but they don't have the frequency ANYWHERE on the shaft or decal. They came in a plastic bag with "5.0" handwritten on it.

How the hell do I know ????

Pete

terryand
1st September 2006, 03:58 PM
You are going to have to go to someone with a frequency machine and ping em.

Terry.

McMw
1st September 2006, 04:07 PM
just wondering, do they look like graphite shafts??? or have a satin finish???

my fren used a set of MP27/30 irons that were "apparently" fitted with Project X, but without any decals, I was skeptical...esp when you pinged the shaft against a metal object, it sounded like graphite...

so...wondering...

goonie
1st September 2006, 06:50 PM
I have a set of PX shafts, the flex and shaft number are on the butt end of the shaft, under the grip. I have an ungripped shaft in front of me, part of the details have been trimmed off but does have the "5.0 3I" on it and is fitted to a 3 iron.

kwantfm
1st September 2006, 07:30 PM
It's the same with Dynamic Gold... they have some script on the butt end of the club identifying flex, length and tip type.

3oneday
1st September 2006, 08:33 PM
Hmmm, they definitely sound metal, they have the satin finish... I will have to check as nothing on the butt end really stood out as lettering.

I will check again Monday as I left them at work.

Thanks
Pete

kwantfm
1st September 2006, 11:16 PM
I've never heard of Project X graphite...

The ones I've hit were definitely steel.

Jarro
28th November 2006, 04:38 PM
Do these shafts feel THAT much lighter than normal DG shafts ?

Also, do they launch the ball noticeably higher as they claim to on the Rifle website ?

I'm thinking of trying these in my Srixons as the DG's are starting to feel a little heavy ..... anybody have a set of 5.5's they wanna sell ;)

Jono
28th November 2006, 05:43 PM

Also, do they launch the ball noticeably higher as they claim to on the Rifle website ?

I'm thinking of trying these in my Srixons as the DG's are starting to feel a little heavy ..... anybody have a set of 5.5's they wanna sell ;)

I have a set of 5.0's ... 3oneday tells me they are 5.0's anyway ... ;)

Currently in some black heads but I'll probably reshaft them later with Rifle graphites so PM me if you are interested. 3 iron to PW. (PW shaft is brand new, untipped, untrimmed, virgin shaft). 8)

Ducky
28th November 2006, 05:45 PM
The weights are basically the same. The Dynamic Gold X100 is 130g, which is the same weight as the Project X 6.5 (which are similar in flex). In regards to ball flight, I'm not exactly sure. However, I have been considering making the switch as well due to the (supposed) improvements in windy conditions.

Jarro
28th November 2006, 06:41 PM
I have a set of 5.0's ... 3oneday tells me they are 5.0's anyway ... ;)

Currently in some black heads but I'll probably reshaft them later with Rifle graphites so PM me if you are interested. 3 iron to PW. (PW shaft is brand new, untipped, untrimmed, virgin shaft). 8)

OK mate, let me know when you're ready to sell :mrgreen:

Ducky, i thought the PX shafts were about 20 grams lighter than their DG counterparts ?????

Ducky
28th November 2006, 07:06 PM
Well it does depend on the flex. All the Dynamic Golds are approximately 130g, where as the Project X shafts vary between 115-130g depending on flex.

See the following:

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/dynamicgold.asp

http://www.royalprecision.com/precision_steel_projectx.html

reg320
28th November 2006, 10:07 PM
Mate I have them in my 690's and I can't pick the difference (height wise)between them and the S300's that used to be there, but Iam hitting them pretty well at the moment so I think that I will keep them for the time being.
I think Iain said they were 6.0.

BrisVegas
29th November 2006, 01:41 PM

Why don't you go see uncle Tez about some FST shafts before he leaves SEQ...

The Pro Black Lites are a little lighter than DG's and they have a couple more models lighter again. Oh, and they're way cheaper than Rifles or Dg's....

Webster
29th November 2006, 03:10 PM
I love my Project X 7.0's in my PINGs. They just go dead straight.

Jarro
29th November 2006, 03:44 PM
7.0's are a pretty stout shaft Jack.

you must be a strong fella to wield those poles.

freddy a
30th November 2006, 07:57 PM
I have PX and they are the best shafts I have used. They keep my ball flight strong and the feedback is just awesome. Since I put them on I have found I hit it a club stronger.

Jarro
1st December 2006, 06:31 AM
would you guys that use the PX shafts say that they play stiffer than their stated flex ?

Webster
1st December 2006, 07:18 AM
would you guys that use the PX shafts say that they play stiffer than their stated flex ?

they play slightly stiffer than normal rifles of the same flex.