PDA

View Full Version : Course Maint. Coring Etc. Where & When

Grunt
1st September 2006, 05:18 AM
Hi All
Seeing Jim's post in the Bankstown Open Day thread got me thinking. As it is coming up to the period of the year where coring,sanding & the like of greens are going to happen. Why don't we get together and list what is happening where and when so we all know what to expect when we go to a course at this time of year.

I can start it off and say New Brighton was done last week. It had been cored and the sand was on the greens last Thursday. I will add any other courses that I find out about.

Course - Date of Green Maintenance.

New Brighton - 23rd August

shavey
1st September 2006, 07:16 AM
Lakelands Golf Club

Tees and rough completed a few month ago.

Greens and fairways commence Sunday PM of the 26th November. We close the course for two days and reopen with a $39.00 rate (including cart) until the 15th December.

The rate then goes up to 2 for $99.00 until December 24th.

Jarro
1st September 2006, 07:21 AM
Nudgee G.C. green renovataions

South Course : Tues 26th & Wed 27th September

North Course : Mon 30th & Tues 31st October

Courty
1st September 2006, 07:57 AM
Cairns GC :roll:

Sometime later this month.

Grunt
28th September 2006, 02:36 PM
Ok after playing a few places recently in Sydney add the following courses to having cored greens/recovering from coring.

Ashlar - still a bit of time till they play true
Campbelltown - look like they will back to normal in 2 weeks
Camden Valley
Wallacia

Pinglauncher
28th September 2006, 05:35 PM
Carnarvon cored and sanded 2 1/2 weeks ago. Should be good for championships in 2 weeks.

cazandpaul
29th September 2006, 03:47 AM
GC Burleigh - closed 16-17 October.

Grunt
29th March 2007, 01:17 PM
Ashlar - Coring next week 2/4
Have heard more being done but will post as I find them out.

le_quiet_uno
29th March 2007, 01:43 PM
Asquith - Solid Coring

2nd and 3rd of April

Grunt
1st April 2007, 06:11 AM
Campbelltown was done the week before last.
Mac Grange is going to have a light aeration done in the next week or so. Heard it was a roller with spikes rolled over the greens and no sand added.

McCoy
1st April 2007, 01:23 PM
Liverpool was done last week.

mikezone13
3rd May 2007, 08:57 AM
Eastlake GC - course closed the afternoon of Sunday 6th May and all day Monday 7th May for coring.

13th hole is currently out of play due to a new path being constructed and the green surrounds being slightly renovated, this should be back in play within a week or two.

Course still plays as a full length 18 hole track though as we have 21 holes on the course.

mikezone13
24th August 2007, 03:54 PM
Eastlake GC UPDATE
Next week we will be applying our slow release fertiliser for spring renovations which are occurring on September 9,10 and 11 starting at 2pm on the Sunday. We will be closed for the 2 days of 10th and 11th as with last spring renovation to undertake the scarifying, coring, topdressing and other additions to all greens. We are closed for 2 days due to this being the major renovation of the year and unlike the autumn renovations we will be coring and scarifying the new bent grass greens (8,9,19,Nursery).

Work has begun on the back of the Par 5 4th to clear the way for construction of the bridge to begin later this year.

jimandr
24th August 2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for bumping this topic again Mike.

It is the season again in Sydney.

Camden Valley is starting its coring in two weeks time, doing one nine per week starting 5 September until after the 19th.

I'm not hitting the ball well, so I might just take a month off this time, and see if the break helps.

Grunt
12th September 2007, 01:26 PM
Played New Brighton yesterday Greens were cored 2 weeks ago and are coming back, look to be another 2-3 weeks off being back to normal.
Any other places been done or having work done soon

I think Ashlar is being done in the next few weeks. Mac Grange is being done 1st week in October.

Chopper
12th September 2007, 02:15 PM
Beverley Park was done 2 weeks ago also.

I thought the greens at New Brighton were pretty good yesterday Grunt just a little slow. Anyway you shouldn't be complaining, you won the 2ball and had the best individual score.:smt038 Hcp slashing coming up.

Grunt
12th September 2007, 02:21 PM
Beverley Park was done 2 weeks ago also.

I thought the greens at New Brighton were pretty good yesterday Grunt just a little slow. Anyway you shouldn't be complaining, you won the 2ball and had the best individual score.:smt038 Hcp slashing coming up.

I left at least 8 putts online and just short. Could have been 40 points.

3oneday
12th September 2007, 02:26 PM
so you had 32 points ?

Grunt
12th September 2007, 02:33 PM
Sorry pete, should have been at least 40.:p

3oneday
12th September 2007, 02:34 PM
Putts ?

Chopper
12th September 2007, 02:41 PM
so you had 32 points ?

Hard fought tussle but he won with 34 Pts.

Rusty
24th September 2007, 02:46 PM
Gailes greens being done at the mo.

AndyP
24th September 2007, 02:59 PM
FFS, why would they do that before the scramble this week?

Grunt
24th September 2007, 03:13 PM
Mac Grange greens being done next Tuesday.

Eag's
24th September 2007, 03:31 PM
Mac Grange greens being done next Tuesday.

They should dig up all their bloody fairways as well mate, they had as much coverage as I do on my noggin ;)

Grunt
24th September 2007, 03:35 PM
i hear you

mikezone13
19th October 2007, 12:20 PM
Big news for Eastlake... Dicky and his crew are doign a bit of work there.

Construction on the Bridge across Wentworth Avenue is expected to commence in November. This has created the opportunity for the Board to again look at the redevelopment of the course to take advantage of the prime growing season.

The decision has been taken to commence with Holes 6 and 8 (now playing as 5 and 7 on the current card ) as follows.

Hole 8 Par 5 – the green will be moved back and to the right closer to the halfway house. The current green is very difficult to maintain and does not retain water very well. The fairway bunkers will be redesigned. The fairway will remain as couch. The tees will be redeveloped. The creek system across the fairway forward of the tees will be opened up to eradicate the very wet areas between the existing ponds.

Hole 6 Par 4 – this will be totally redesigned with a new green being moved back, couch fairway and new tees. The reason for including this hole at this early stage is because it will need to be closed periodically anyway for the construction of the bridge

Work has already commenced with spraying of rough and fairways and removal of trees. Both holes will be closed from October 29th. They will be replaced by Holes 2 and 10.

The detailed designs are not yet finalised by the course architect, Ross Watson, but they will be shared with members as soon as they are to hand.

The intention is to redevelop 2 to 3 holes per year over the next 5 to 6 years.

Andrew
19th October 2007, 01:05 PM
That’s excellent news, Mike.

Has it concerned members that the 8th has had to be re-done so soon after being redesigned only a few years ago?

Having the extra holes will help greatly over the next few years. You have a few holes on the back nine that will really only need a bit of dressing up around the green. I may have the hole numbers wrong but, the 2 par 5’s on the back nine, although a little short by today’s standards, are good holes, as are the par 3’s, 13th, 16th & 17th. Being that those holes could all be done (if they choose not to butcher them) in one season without a great deal of disruption, you may find the course is completely refurbished in only 3 or 4 years.

mikezone13
19th October 2007, 01:20 PM
Andrew,

No word about hole 8 and member issues, it's a good hole but the green is too close to the tee of the first new hole, so moving the green is a great idea.

Not sure about the redevelopment of the par 4, but with the bridge going in something will need to be done or it'll be a long walk from bridge to the tee.

In regards to the par 5's on the back, one i shortish (454m) but the other at 513m off the plates with an elevated green is anything but short, I know I've only ever got close for 2 with a howling breeze (and it normally plays into the wind too).

The par 3 13th has already had a little bit of work done with a new path around the green and the hill to the right of the green having new grass on it. The 16th should stay fairly as is, but I think 17 could definitely have some work done to it, the rumour is the green will be moved closer to the tee and down near the lake to make into a proper water carry - rumour only though.