PDA

View Full Version : Thorpedo's win

Golfgirl
17th August 2004, 02:12 PM
I got out of bed this morning at 8am to the news that Thorpie had won the Men's 200m freestyle....

It is now 3pm in the afternoon, and I kid you not, I have seen it replayed over a dozen times.

Still, I must admit, I am quite enraptured by it - what a win to pull off against such talented swimmers as Phelps, Hackett and Van Hoogenband.

What did you all think?

Jarro
17th August 2004, 02:27 PM
I have to admit i doubted the big nancy-boy could pull this one off.. given the talent in the pool around him,

.. but he again proved to me, and the rest of the world, what a truly talented swimmer he really is .. probably the best we'll ever see in our lifetime.

Well done Thorpey :smt023

AndyP
17th August 2004, 02:35 PM
I'm fortunate enough to only have seen the last 30m of the race....once. :)

Fishman Dan
17th August 2004, 02:49 PM
.. and we'll see it countless more times tonight between about 8:30pm and 10:30pm.

By the way, anyone know what position Hackett finished in?

3oneday
17th August 2004, 02:54 PM
5th

McMw
17th August 2004, 03:23 PM
I stayed up till 2.30 to watch the swimming program (and the fencing and the gymnastics, and the diving etc etc)...

Didn't want to miss the 200M final, and I was getting worried there in the first 100mtrs...
Pity Thorpe tired at the end, WR was in his grasp!!!

To follow on then, dissapointing to see Jones and Hanson get poor starts in the 100 Breastroke, and Welsh - leading 80 mtrs of the race, fading badly to place 5th... :(