PDA

View Full Version : SA: TTG - Sunday 15/3 (1 spot left)

Wenz
2nd March 2020, 11:03 AM
EDIT:

Thanks to TC for hosting this. We've got 1 slot left at Tea Tree Gully Golf Club on Sunday 15/3 - 12.13pm
Member introduced rate is $40

Jump on board!

thecollective
2nd March 2020, 11:49 AM
Sorry Wenz, I cannot add guests to my booking on Sat mornings

Wenz
2nd March 2020, 02:25 PM
No worries TC.

Am open to a Sunday 15/3 round as well

Hard_Pan
2nd March 2020, 02:30 PM
I have a slot available this Saturday at Royal North Haven, but not playing next Saturday.

thecollective
2nd March 2020, 03:04 PM
No worries TC.

Am open to a Sunday 15/3 round as well

well in that case I CAN help you, what time would suit?

Wenz
2nd March 2020, 03:19 PM
I have a slot available this Saturday at Royal North Haven, but not playing next Saturday.

Thanks for the offer HP, but unfortunately am booked in at SC for that day.

well in that case I CAN help you, what time would suit?

I'm usually a mid-morning person (9-10)
Open to anytime that's available and whatever you prefer, it's only a short drive for me.

Hard_Pan
2nd March 2020, 03:23 PM
No worries Wenz.

Played SC yesterday in the Public Course Pennants. Greens were running nicely. Hadn't been cut so not penal but not too fluffy either. Many long putts to be had.. Unfortunately my opponent got the lion's share of those. :roll:

thecollective
2nd March 2020, 03:34 PM
Anybody else want to join me at TTG next Sunday - will have two more slots available

Green fee is $40 member introduced

Wenz
2nd March 2020, 04:01 PM
I've updated the OP.
Thanks TC!

Wenz
2nd March 2020, 04:11 PM
No worries Wenz.

Played SC yesterday in the Public Course Pennants. Greens were running nicely. Hadn't been cut so not penal but not too fluffy either. Many long putts to be had.. Unfortunately my opponent got the lion's share of those. :roll:

As stated in the other thread
The greens and surrounds are great (some greens still have dead spots though)
Fairways and tee boxes are getting there
The rough is essentially non existent, which makes it extremely difficult to play from
I'm a harsh critic because I've seen and played this course when everything was pristine, I'm hopeful it can get back there.

I haven't been following pennants this year but have been told our team isn't doing great, a lot of our previous year players have left due to the clubs/course downward spiral.

Hard_Pan
2nd March 2020, 04:17 PM
Yes, I was told you've got the water but the pumps and pipes are gone. Going through water issues in a big way at RNHG so I know fully well how bad this can get.

I think SC did dismally in both Div 1 and 2 but your Div 3 team is in the final next Sunday.

thecollective
2nd March 2020, 04:37 PM
As stated in the other thread
The greens and surrounds are great (some greens still have dead spots though)
Fairways and tee boxes are getting there
The rough is essentially non existent, which makes it extremely difficult to play from
I'm a harsh critic because I've seen and played this course when everything was pristine, I'm hopeful it can get back there.

I haven't been following pennants this year but have been told our team isn't doing great, a lot of our previous year players have left due to the clubs/course downward spiral.

this is a golden opportunity to kill off all the kike fairways and replace it with Santa Ana but I doubt the club has the budget to do it

thecollective
2nd March 2020, 04:40 PM
Yes, I was told you've got the water but the pumps and pipes are gone. Going through water issues in a big way at RNHG so I know fully well how bad this can get.

I think SC did dismally in both Div 1 and 2 but your Div 3 team is in the final next Sunday.

Div 1 pennant has turned into the EPL, you have to pay players now to get a decent team together.

Glenelg is the case example

Hatchman
3rd March 2020, 08:05 AM
Div 1 pennant has turned into the EPL, you have to pay players now to get a decent team together.

Glenelg is the case example

They actually paying them $$$ or just waiving Full Membership subs TC?
I know when I was in the Mid North side in A2 there were 5 players that their home clubs were in the Mid North yet they played either Simpson Cup or A2 for other clubs. They were all gifted full memberships by the clubs, not paid $$$ to play games.
For me Pennant Golf lost it's Honor and Prestige once these gifted memberships started happening. I don't have an issue with pay your own way to play for a Club.

wazamac
3rd March 2020, 08:09 AM
One guy I used to play with left golf, 4 months later playing for Mt. Compass after been given a full membership.
Played his pennant season then never played again.

Hatchman
3rd March 2020, 08:15 AM
Back to the OP TTG.
Can't make it for this one sorry.

thecollective
7th March 2020, 10:45 AM
Just looked at the time sheet, by gingos it filled up quickly.

Best time I can do is 12:13, have booked it in

Wenz
7th March 2020, 04:59 PM
That's fine with me. Allows me to have a little sleep in.

Maybe some will drop out mid week.

thecollective
7th March 2020, 07:43 PM
That's fine with me. Allows me to have a little sleep in.

Maybe some will drop out mid week.

Will let you know, FYI the club has a two tee start so you cannot book any time between 8:59-11:15 to accommodate the turn of field

thecollective
8th March 2020, 11:33 AM
Will let you know, FYI the club has a two tee start so you cannot book any time between 8:59-11:15 to accommodate the turn of field

Just been paired with a 40 marker and have the club captain in the group behind us. You cannot reserve groups at TTG without names and GL no's

Moved us to the 10th tee, same tee off time

Wenz
8th March 2020, 01:33 PM
No dramas. If you need GL info, just let me know.

thecollective
9th March 2020, 04:11 AM
No dramas. If you need GL info, just let me know.

Got it off your GL link in sig. all good

Wenz
9th March 2020, 05:40 PM
One of my brothers friends who's a member at TTG has put his name in our group (Adam)

1 spot left now!

thecollective
9th March 2020, 09:56 PM
One of my brothers friends who's a member at TTG has put his name in our group (Adam)

1 spot left now!

I have managed to reserve the last spot (just worked out how to without any GL details)

Let me know if anyone is keen for a hit

BobsYourUncle
10th March 2020, 04:19 PM
How long does it take to get around TTG on a Saturday afternoon? What time would you expect to finish?

thecollective
10th March 2020, 04:21 PM
How long does it take to get around TTG on a Saturday afternoon? What time would you expect to finish?

4.5 hours maximum, never hit the 5 mark ever, and that is with a full field

Average would be about 4 hrs 10 min

Benje
11th March 2020, 06:15 AM
Bob

I think they are playing on a Sunday - not Saturday.
I suspect you would need to allow 4 hr 15, but TC will know better.
Large fields at TTG, it won't be quick but it shouldn't be slow.

Benje

thecollective
11th March 2020, 09:04 AM
the club is pretty good on slow play, there are some culprits but most adhere to pace of play well

Most of the time my group of 4 is finished in 4 hours, some times 3 hr 55. But that is Saturday at the front of the field in the second run (11:20 tee off)

BobsYourUncle
11th March 2020, 07:01 PM
I may be able too arrange a leave pass for this, at great personal cost. I assume you need too know fairly soon?

thecollective
11th March 2020, 08:05 PM
I may be able too arrange a leave pass for this, at great personal cost. I assume you need too know fairly soon?

BYU, by Friday would be good, also need your GL no and we are set

BobsYourUncle
11th March 2020, 08:22 PM
Ok, lock me in. I'll pm you my GL number.

thecollective
11th March 2020, 08:40 PM
BYU is locked in, 10th tee 12:13 hit off.

Members introduced green fee is $40 (excluding comps, there are a few options including a super six)

Look forward to seeing you there

thecollective
11th March 2020, 08:41 PM
Oh and the comp is PAR, but I believe it is optional on a Sunday round

Tees are WHITE, you have a choice but pick white as everybody else does

BobsYourUncle
11th March 2020, 09:04 PM
I don't mind par - I'm more likely to have a blow-out than a 4-pointer - but I'm easy either way with the comp.

thecollective
11th March 2020, 10:21 PM
Par is more enjoyable at TTG than my previous club, can't put my finger on why

Wenz
12th March 2020, 06:27 PM
Great to have a group of 4
I don't mind par, I'm happy to go in the comp but wouldn't mind a social hit as well.

I hit balls at TTG today and the course was looking impressive.

TC, have they finished the renovations to 9? If so, would love to hear your thoughts if it's better, worse or much the same?

thecollective
12th March 2020, 07:35 PM
Great to have a group of 4
I don't mind par, I'm happy to go in the comp but wouldn't mind a social hit as well.

I hit balls at TTG today and the course was looking impressive.

TC, have they finished the renovations to 9? If so, would love to hear your thoughts if it's better, worse or much the same?

Wenz: 9 is finished, all that is left is some grow in (that is out of play for 80% of golfers who drive the ball further than 180m) and the ladies tee; that itself is under debate over its determined par but all will be revealed at the AGM on Monday night

The hole is better than its original no doubt. It is a fun, reachable in 2 Par 5 hole for a lot of club golfers, the new fairway bunker is superior to the original, and the green is interesting to say the least. Personally I like it, the hole needs some defence if it is going to be a 430m Par 5.

The best part has been the tree clearing; I still think they could clear some further trees left of the green but paranoia sets in over protecting the 6th green from stray 3 woods.

The course is surprisingly good, plays better than what it looks. I always thought Tanunda was a better track but its much closer than what I originally thought

If we can sort out the dilemma fairways on 1 & 10 and perhaps move the 14th green left and make another RA #3 clone (ala Glenelg 12th) , the course will improve significantly in GCA ranking

Wenz
13th March 2020, 09:37 AM
I look forward to playing the new hole. Last time I played TTG, I ended up having a blowout on that hole.

If I had to pick my favourite holes on both the front 9 and back 9, I'd have to pick 7 and 15

Looking forward to playing off superior couch grass instead of patchy kik at SC.

thecollective
13th March 2020, 10:31 AM
I look forward to playing the new hole. Last time I played TTG, I ended up having a blowout on that hole.

If I had to pick my favourite holes on both the front 9 and back 9, I'd have to pick 7 and 15

Looking forward to playing off superior couch grass instead of patchy kik at SC.

#7 is a great short hole, redesigned by Graeme Grant roughly about 10 years ago; if you drive it too far you have a scary little pitch off the hill as you can be in-between clubs and need enough spin to stop it from rolling off the back edge. Anything long is death

Crafter wants to move the green forward and left a bit. I don't agree with this as the bailout left is fair for the long bombers and players who miss the green short, I think he wants to completely eliminate that option. But making a hole harder just by shortening it a bit doesn't always serve its purpose for all abilities

#15, yes the signature hole. The tee shot is a little cramped but the second over water is good and the green and bunkers are excellent.

For me the best hole by some margin is #5. One of the best short 4's in the state. The hardest and fastest green on the course it plays very much like a hole on the Victorian Sandbelt

Wenz
15th March 2020, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the round today lads, thoroughly enjoyed it.
TTG was superb as always, will be hard for me to go back to SC after today.

Highlight of the day has to be the 3 birdies on the 7th, one of my favourite holes.

thecollective
15th March 2020, 09:18 PM
Was a lovely day with some interesting winds. None of us really shot the lights out but there were some good moments shared by all.

Greens were perhaps a tad grainy than usual but still rolled pretty true.

Was all square going into last two holes but then hit two shocking green approaches and failed to scramble. Gutted my ball rolled off the top tier on 9 but there is something really majestic about that new green. I’m a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobsYourUncle
16th March 2020, 09:31 AM
Yes, thanks for the round, and thanks for hosting us.

None of us really shot the lights out

I think you're being a bit kind to me there :lol: I was always going to struggle hitting only 4 fairways and 4 greens.

thecollective
16th March 2020, 09:47 AM
Yes, thanks for the round, and thanks for hosting us.

I think you're being a bit kind to me there :lol: I was always going to struggle hitting only 4 fairways and 4 greens.

You made a birdie, that was a highlight.

BobsYourUncle
16th March 2020, 12:54 PM
Birdies are always good. The rough wasn't very punishing, but I suppose that's because in most places you're either in the fairway or you're in the trees.

On another note, GolfBox won't do customisation on the Z Forged irons at the sale price, so that temptation is removed.

thecollective
16th March 2020, 01:07 PM
Birdies are always good. The rough wasn't very punishing, but I suppose that's because in most places you're either in the fairway or you're in the trees.

On another note, GolfBox won't do customisation on the Z Forged irons at the sale price, so that temptation is removed.

Might need to order the Mizuno MP20's instead

marcel
16th March 2020, 06:29 PM
Might need to order the Mizuno MP20's instead

Do it. Can I give you my specs so I can buy them when you reckon they're not the clubs for you?

nadg63
16th March 2020, 07:27 PM
Do it. Can I give you my specs so I can buy them when you reckon they're not the clubs for you?

But BYU is right handed!? (I read the other post as BYU is after new irons?)

BobsYourUncle
16th March 2020, 07:49 PM
But BYU is right handed!? (I read the other post as BYU is after new irons?) I am (right handed), but I believe TC is looking at the mp20s, so it might still apply :)

thecollective
16th March 2020, 08:07 PM
SEL combo set, eta is 2 weeks.

No chance Marcel, sorry to burst your bubble but they will sit in the pool room if not in the current rotation

nadg63
16th March 2020, 09:41 PM
I am (right handed), but I believe TC is looking at the mp20s, so it might still apply :)

Let you off then M!

SEL combo set, eta is 2 weeks.

No chance Marcel, sorry to burst your bubble but they will sit in the pool room if not in the current rotation

Then they could be like that set of Mizuno JPX EZ Forged Hatchy put together for me last year - still not played a round with them, they just reside in the corner of the study/junk room!

thecollective
17th March 2020, 09:19 AM
Then they could be like that set of Mizuno JPX EZ Forged Hatchy put together for me last year - still not played a round with them, they just reside in the corner of the study/junk room!

These are arguably the prettiest looking irons on the market Nadg, so they will look good in the corner with the blades reflecting the light