PDA

View Full Version : New member in Brisbane

Kelsey86
25th February 2020, 05:28 PM
Hi, just joined up after getting back into playing again after about 15 years. Joined a social club here after being invited by a mate and forgot how much I enjoyed playing. Gradually getting used to it again.
I picked up a new M5 driver on Saturday, had a hit with it at the range on Sunday, and as someone who almost always fades or slices drives I couldn't get over how straight they were going.

benno_r
25th February 2020, 05:50 PM
Hi, just joined up after getting back into playing again after about 15 years. Joined a social club here after being invited by a mate and forgot how much I enjoyed playing. Gradually getting used to it again.
I picked up a new M5 driver on Saturday, had a hit with it at the range on Sunday, and as someone who almost always fades or slices drives I couldn't get over how straight they were going.

Welcome Kelsey. Every now and then Ozgolfers get together in Brisbane. Keep an eye out and join in.

They are all pretty normal. Especially Ferrins.

Kelsey86
25th February 2020, 06:09 PM
Thanks mate.
I accidentally sent that before I'd finished the post.
Was going to ask about the driver, I've read of some people cracking and denting them, seemingly through normal use. How common is that? I don't swing that hard, around the mid-high 80s mph, deliberately slowed it down to get better timing and control which has worked well.

Cheers

benno_r
25th February 2020, 07:03 PM
Thanks mate.
I accidentally sent that before I'd finished the post.
Was going to ask about the driver, I've read of some people cracking and denting them, seemingly through normal use. How common is that? I don't swing that hard, around the mid-high 80s mph, deliberately slowed it down to get better timing and control which has worked well.

CheersM5s occasionally crack, but I wouldn't think it's a high percentage. Especially not for mid 80s swing speed.

Kelsey86
25th February 2020, 07:36 PM
M5s occasionally crack, but I wouldn't think it's a high percentage. Especially not for mid 80s swing speed. That's pretty much what I was thinking too. I'd imagine the club itself had been used a bit in the shop too, not a mark on it. Definitely impressed with the performance though, and looking forward to seeing how I go with it in a game. Cheers

BUSHY
25th February 2020, 10:33 PM
M5s occasionally crack, but I wouldn't think it's a high percentage. Especially not for mid 80s swing speed.

Welcome!!

Drivers these days are incredibly thin compared to what you would’ve played 15 years ago, you do need to be somewhat careful with them. Mostly the crowns.

Kelsey86
25th February 2020, 11:49 PM
Thanks!Yes it will be well looked after. I still have my clubs from back then, they're still in decent enough condition. Just got sick of hitting drives into the trees all the time and with the technology these days I figured it was time to update the driver. Will probably do the same with the woods later in the year. Irons are going pretty straight and happy with the distance I get with them so I probably won't upgrade those for a while. Cheers

3Puttpete
26th February 2020, 10:41 PM
G'day Kelsey, welcome.

I don't see the problem with hitting drives into the trees. How else can you test your punch out game?

Kelsey86
26th February 2020, 11:26 PM
Cheers. Haha, well yeah I have been getting pretty good at that, I'd just prefer to do it less often or rarely. Can be good for finding extra golf balls though.

peter_rs
29th February 2020, 05:04 PM
Welcome

PerryGroves
29th February 2020, 08:25 PM
The forum had dropped slightly below 85% Qlders, welcome, thanks for restoring the balance...…..#AlfforPM