PDA

View Full Version : Who's Online View

Courty
25th August 2006, 10:59 AM
I find it quite interesting watching who's sending you PMs, Pete.

Ahhh. The all-seeing eye.

Can you hear my prayers at night as well? ;)

Bruce
25th August 2006, 11:01 AM

Does OzGolf have a Privacy Policy?

Especially regarding the privacy of Private Messages...

Or have I revealed too much?

Fishman Dan
25th August 2006, 11:02 AM
I'm sure there's something in the privacy laws that says that what AP is doing is not only creepy, but bordering on illegal :?

Moe Norman
25th August 2006, 11:06 AM
big brother is watching

BrisVegas
25th August 2006, 11:06 AM
I'm sure there's something in the privacy laws that says that what AP is doing is not only creepy, but bordering on illegal :?

i agree. Private message are meant to be exactly that... PRIVATE. Even the ability to see who's PM'ing who is too much inside knowledge.:x

3oneday
25th August 2006, 11:08 AM
i agree. Private message are meant to be exactly that... PRIVATE. Even the ability to see who's PM'ing who is too much inside knowledge.:xmaybe, but nothing was revealed....

Pete

CobraSS
25th August 2006, 05:03 PM
So the LoHo stricks again AndyP??????????? where's Jono :twisted:

goughy
25th August 2006, 05:12 PM
Knowing Mr P's sense of humour, I think he may have been taking a dig. I doubt he's been viewing who's sending pm's. And there's no way he's been reading them.

I think he's just pushing the buttons on the alo/jono pact.

AndyP
25th August 2006, 05:20 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/online.php

terryand
25th August 2006, 05:37 PM
Arh yes,we can see when someone is PM'ing, but us mere mortal can't see who they are sending it to :-s

Terry.

AndyP
25th August 2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah sure, the volunteer admin is abusing his super powers. FFS.

Forget your conspiracy theories, and just let Pete sell his clubs, so we can raise some money for this forum.

terryand
25th August 2006, 06:05 PM
Never said you where abusing them, just pointing out the fact that you can see things the rest of us can't.FFS :-s

Terry.

AndyP
25th August 2006, 06:25 PM
I apologise. I have just logged in using my test account, and noticed that it did not have access, in the who's online page, to see when someone is PMing another member, yet the admin account did. I assumed everyone could see the same as me on that page.

In that case, I shouldn't have made my post earlier joking about the fact that I could see that information. I'm glad I didn't reveal the details of who.

However, I can assure you that I cannot view the contents of the private messages and would not.

I take the admin role seriously, and wouldn't want you guys to feel that I "abuse" this position in any way or compromise your privacy.

Cheers
Andy

goughy
25th August 2006, 06:27 PM
edit: moved from Sale thread

Let's end this here and now so we can let this thread get back on topic. I can see if someone is sending a pm, but not who they are going to. If someone was just viewing that thread then next thing they are sending a pm, it wouldn't take a genius to work out where that pm is going to.

None of us in admin try to abuse our extra access to the site. And in this case nothing in fact has happened, other than deduction.

Case closed. This OT stuff is getting more out of hand than usual this week. How about we just take a deep breath.

terryand
25th August 2006, 06:34 PM
No need to apologize AP, I didn't realize you didn't realize it was different.

If that makes sense, so there/their/thier/they're :smt002

Terry.

AndyP
25th August 2006, 06:45 PM
The spell check has spelt realise the U.S. way.

terryand
25th August 2006, 06:51 PM
Nah,that'd be me, it just agreed :oops:

Terry.

goughy
25th August 2006, 06:56 PM
Strange then that I can see who is pm'ing but not to who, as is the case with the rest of you. I had robyn send me some pm's form her account and at no stage did it indicate who to.

Maybe it is a setting in our cp anyd??

AndyP
25th August 2006, 06:58 PM
It shows it when you are replying to a PM. The system would know who you are sending the PM to then, but it wouldn't when you start a new message chain.

AndyP
25th August 2006, 07:07 PM
Seems to be a lot of people viewing who's online tonight..........

Moe Norman
25th August 2006, 08:22 PM
soon we'll be reading PM's and adjusting the contents - oh wait, thats another site that does that

Ducky
27th August 2006, 05:46 PM
Tin foil hat anyone?