PDA

View Full Version : Hire club flushing - Callaway x20 irons

hotkorma
2nd February 2020, 06:51 AM
I played a round while on holidays this last week. I recently got fitted for a set of Callaway rogue pro irons (+1 inch) but my hire clubs were an old model Callaway X20 I believe. I have only played golf for about 8 months and my h/cap is 18.2. I got too excited and got fitted too early as my swing is still developing. I felt like I was hitting the hire clubs, especially the 4 and 5 iron much more pure than my clubs at home. Does anybody know if the rogue pros are a bit more of an advanced club vs the hire clubs I recently used? For the record I had 41 points with the hire set on a tough track in at times gale winds. I appreciate any feedback. Cheers. Ps if this is in the wrong spot or something please let me know I’m only quite new to this forum.

Flavzz
2nd February 2020, 07:49 AM
I would assume your hire clubs would have been standard length which could contribute to the longer irons being slightly easier to hit. I'm also assuming the reason for the +1" fitted clubs is your height? Holiday golf can often be more relaxed and conducive to a good mental state. X20s are also likely much more forgiving so noticing it in the long irons is also understandable. Put it down to part equipment part holiday golf.See how you fare with your rogue irons, if after some time you feel like you could still use more forgiveness you could always look at other options/update your fitting.

markTHEblake
2nd February 2020, 09:29 AM
Unlikely getting fitted too early is a problem. ( the reverse is more true) Go back to the place you were fitted and tell them this story. I dunno the difference between the two irons you mentioned, but if the X20 is shorter and has a lower COG, they will be easier to find the middle and higher ball flight. By how much will vary depending on all the other factors.

hotkorma
2nd February 2020, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.