PDA

View Full Version : SA: Drummond Golf Cup @ Royal Adelaide - Feb 17

BobsYourUncle
28th January 2020, 08:38 PM
https://www.drummondgolf.com.au/event/event/view/id/7/

Any interest in getting a group together for this? It's a Monday, which isn't ideal.

thecollective
28th January 2020, 09:02 PM
Apologies BYU, im up to my neck in websites and won't be able to take leave until Easter

Flavzz
28th January 2020, 09:48 PM
It's a pretty decent deal if you're a Drummond member especially with the prizes on offee. I can't do a Monday unfortunately.

Hatchman
29th January 2020, 01:16 AM
Monday makes it no good for me also, sorry.

BobsYourUncle
29th January 2020, 09:12 AM
I figured this would be tough being a weekday. I'm probably going to play (benefits of being the boss I suppose :D), but will hold off on booking for a few more days in case anyone else is interested.

Benje
29th January 2020, 10:33 PM
That is the day after the Ladies Open finishes at RA!

BobsYourUncle
29th January 2020, 10:38 PM
Yes, apparently this will be using the same tees and pin positions as the previous day. Grandstands, etc., will still be up. I played Royal Pines about a week before the Australian PGA last year, it was interesting will all the grandstands, signage and so on in place, especially when watching it on TV a week later.

Benje
30th January 2020, 08:21 AM
Bob

it is a good price to - $10 less than the RA member's guest rate for Drummond members.

I don't know whether there will be any grand stands apart from the mobile Cooper's truck/stand which sat on the railway line behind 18 green last time (3 years ago). The trains didn't run last time either (stopped at Tapleys Hill Rd).
Trains didn't run

thecollective
30th January 2020, 09:33 AM
I once did a day similar to this a number of years ago at Kooyonga; was two groups of 4 per tee in a pairs ambrose format.

Longest round of my life - 6 hours