PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' Golf!

GirlGolf77
23rd August 2006, 04:33 PM
Hi!

I have got the golfing bug and am loving it! I can't believe how cool some of the equipment is these days and the golfing gear for women is unbelievable! I was at Victoria Park (Brisbane) the other day and that complex is awesome!

The ladies gear there is so cool. Jenny from the Pro Shop decked me out in some of the hottest stuff and now I am addicted to everything golf :lol:

Anyway, I am looking at getting some lessons - can anyone recommend a good Pro?

Jarro
23rd August 2006, 04:34 PM
Hi GG77 .. welcome :)

Can i ask how you found us ?

andylo
23rd August 2006, 04:35 PM
Sean in Vic Park is a better coach than the others.

If you live at south side the handsome Dominic Smiths in Logan City is a very good coach too.

dc68
23rd August 2006, 04:37 PM
Welcome GG77

Grunt
23rd August 2006, 04:38 PM
GolfGirl77
Welcome aboard to the wide world of OzGolf, enjoy the Ride!

Jarro
23rd August 2006, 04:40 PM
If you live at south side the handsome Dominic Smiths in Logan City

Mate, Aussie guys don't call other guys HANDSOME :shock: [-(

andylo
23rd August 2006, 04:40 PM

Instead of Hairdresser looking? ;)

Choppa
23rd August 2006, 04:55 PM

That's right..........you call 'em sexy or hot, but never handsome ;-)

amanda
23rd August 2006, 05:44 PM
Welcome GG77! It's always great to see more women getting into golf :D

Falcon
23rd August 2006, 05:47 PM
Welcome GG77!

Agreed Amanda :)

AndyP
23rd August 2006, 07:36 PM
Wassup? Oh yeah, and welcome.

Ducky
23rd August 2006, 07:44 PM
I agree, golf has become a very fashionable sport. I have found that the ladies definitely have a better selection in the footwear department, although most major clothing designers (such as J Lindeberg) provide a good selection for both men/women.

Welcome to OzGolf and good luck with your lessons (unfortunately, I do not have any recommendations).

Iain
23rd August 2006, 09:31 PM
Hi GG77,

Welcome to Ozgolf. Might be best if you haven't played much to look into a clinic of some sort, to get the basics right before getting one on one lessons.

Iain

andylo
24th August 2006, 08:57 AM
Iain... is your friend doing ok?

dc68
24th August 2006, 10:02 AM
I agree, golf has become a very fashionable sport. I have found that the ladies definitely have a better selection in the footwear department, although most major clothing designers (such as J Lindeberg) provide a good selection for both men/women.

ahhh that explains the shoes then Duckhead.

GirlGolf77
24th August 2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

leighthebee
24th August 2006, 01:25 PM
Sean in Vic Park is a better coach than the others.

Seconded. Sensible stuff and knows what he's talking about and conveys it well.

Rusty
4th September 2006, 11:31 AM
howdy GG77. yes, i too can recommend Sean Dwyer at Vic Park. i had some initial lessons from him. i also attend the supervised prac sessions with him. they're good value. he did my custom fit and i can understand why he/we made some choices over others. the thing that stands out for me about Sean is that he makes just minor changes to swings for maximum consistency. in other words he doesn't try to totally regroove your swing. and let's face it, there's no definitive swing.

i usually squeeze in 9 holes at Vic Park with some friends, early on Sat mornings if ever you want a hit.