PDA

View Full Version : 2019 S.A Champs Round 2 Royal Adelaide

Hatchman
1st December 2019, 09:28 AM
First of all thanks to Marcel and James (is working so can’t join us for the game) for getting us their home course for the final days play to decide this years Oz Golf S.A Champ.

Royal Adelaide 11am Tee off

Draw for today will be:
Group 1
Nudge
PloppyPat
HardPan

Group2
Ferrins
Coopers Country
BobsYourUncle

Group3
Jono
Boots
Hatchman

Group4
Peppas
TheCollective
Marcel
MrWhite

Hatchman
1st December 2019, 09:48 AM
As mentioned in the other thread today marks the first day of Summer and Mother Nature has rolled out a lovely winters day. Who would have thought a female would do something like that :shock:

Will this years winner come from the leaders in the final group?
Or will some someone go on a tear mid pack and over take the lot?
Short favourite would have to be Marcel who’s very consistent on his home track and is no stranger to glory as a previous winner of the Red Jacket.
Another who’s no stranger to winning the Red Jacket is the reining title holder in Peppas after there was no Champs in 2018.
Can either Peppas or Marcel be the first to win it twice?
Could TheCollective get his first Red Jacket after being in the final group on a number of occasions now.

As for this writer the rest of the field better be on their game as the Vintage gear will be in the bag today. Cobra Persimmon Woods and 1980’s Titleist Blades are the weapons of choice. Can the NAGA be avoided by stepping back in time?

By 4-4:30 this afternoon all will be known
Good luck everyone and enjoy.

Flavzz
1st December 2019, 07:32 PM
Waiting for updates ("standard skeleton meme"...)

Hatchman
1st December 2019, 07:41 PM
The question was posed above if anyone could come from outside the top four group and take the 2019 S.A Champs?
Well that’s exactly what happened. What we ended up with was 4 way tie for best score over the 2 days so it all came down to who scored better today at Royal Adelaide and ultimately who had the best back nine. Both players that came from outside the top 4 had the same 18 hole scores so it all came down to who had the best back nine.

Results of the 2nd Round at Royal Adelaide

Winner on c/b: BobsYourUncle
Runner up: Boots
Third: Marcel

NTP 7th: Boots
NTP 12th:
NTP 16th: Marcel
NTP for 2: Marcel
Long Drive: BobsYourUncle

nadg63
1st December 2019, 07:45 PM
Told Boots he’d like RAGC, suits his driving ability!

Flavzz
1st December 2019, 07:49 PM
Brilliant. Well done lads.

BobsYourUncle
1st December 2019, 07:52 PM
Great day today, was windy but the rain stayed away. Loved RAGC, thanks to those that made that happen.

BobsYourUncle
1st December 2019, 07:58 PM
Here's Ferrins hitting to the long par 3 12th. I'd like to say he nailed the green. Not sure he knows I took this photo.

thecollective
1st December 2019, 08:07 PM
Well done BYU winning the jacket on debut; fine form!

Ferrins
1st December 2019, 09:45 PM
Front left bunker. Well played mate and enjoyed the company.

SA boys cleaned up as no interstate visitors on the list below.

Winner on c/b: BobsYourUncle
Runner up: Boots
Third: Marcel

NTP 7th: Boots
NTP 12th:
NTP 16th: Marcel
NTP for 2: Marcel
Long Drive: BobsYourUncle

marcel
2nd December 2019, 11:07 PM
Congrats BYU and thanks to everyone who came along, esp Hatchy and Nadg for really making it happen.

Ferrins is keen to make it a 3 day event in future, at RA today;

he smacked Jono 8&7,
birdied 7, 8 & 10,
trash talked a group of 4 cops.

Quite a day

Jono
2nd December 2019, 11:16 PM
Congrats BYU and thanks to everyone who came along, esp Hatchy and Nadg for really making it happen.Ferrins is keen to make it a 3 day event in future, at RA today;he smacked Jono 8&7,birdied 7, 8 & 10,trash talked a group of 4 cops.Quite a dayThanks for hosting us today Terry.Those 3 birdies in the middle of the round were basically knockout combo that I couldn’t recover from. Royal Adelaide will go down as one of my favourite courses and probably the most friendly Royal club I’ve visited.

3Puttpete
2nd December 2019, 11:18 PM
probably the most friendly Royal club I’ve visited.

As magnificent as the course is this is arguably my strongest memory of my times there.

Ferrins
2nd December 2019, 11:18 PM
What's your view on Virgin Airlines?

Jono
2nd December 2019, 11:25 PM
What's your view on Virgin Airlines? Let’s just say that if I had an 8 iron in my hands at the time and there was a buggy next to me, I could have done some damage... 😉

Ferrins
3rd December 2019, 06:42 AM
Ha Ha

nadg63
3rd December 2019, 01:13 PM
Let’s just say that if I had an 8 iron in my hands at the time and there was a buggy next to me, I could have done some damage... 😉 Do tell ......... !?

wazamac
3rd December 2019, 01:18 PM
More interested in what happened with the cops. Did the cops notify the AFP and they strip searched Jono?

Ferrins
3rd December 2019, 02:12 PM
The police tried to play a few extra holes heading back towards the club(12,13) house after their comp concluded.
I told them that we had right of way. They pushed it but I didn't back down and they stood down. One of them could of joined us as Mr Orange.

Jono
3rd December 2019, 02:12 PM
Do tell ......... !? Where do I start? 😂 I had checked in and was having a drink with Ferret and 1 hour before the flight time, I got a text message from Virgin that the flight was cancelled due to weather in Sydney. They didn’t cover accomodation and I had to arrange someone to cover me at work today.As to the 8 iron, there was an impressive display of helicoptering in our group until an 8 iron was finally sacrificed against a buggy on the 18th fairway of RA.

Ferrins
3rd December 2019, 02:14 PM
Mr Tantrum

Jono
3rd December 2019, 02:24 PM
Mr Jekyll and Hyde

wazamac
3rd December 2019, 02:47 PM
Haha. Sounds like we are the same.

Jono
3rd December 2019, 03:46 PM
It wasn’t me.

thecollective
3rd December 2019, 04:02 PM
After 20 points the day before I reckon Mr ..... was ready to snap; sounds like that came true.... literally

I contained it pretty well with the same score but probably would have snapped as well if I repeated the same performance on the Monday

Jono
3rd December 2019, 04:40 PM
I think you would have too much respect for your playing partners and too much love for your equipment to totally go off the rails like that Owen.

thecollective
3rd December 2019, 04:51 PM
I think you would have too much respect for your playing partners and too much love for your equipment to totally go off the rails like that Owen.

My spats usually consist of a very loud groan and the occasional tap of the butt end of the club, I would hold it in at RA though

Boots n all
3rd December 2019, 05:57 PM
Hey everyone this is boots ive finally got this hook up after a bloody fantastic weekend. Thank u to everyone that attended. Was a great weekend away.

Ferrins
3rd December 2019, 06:29 PM
Zero chance the offender would read these comments or anything else on here.

thecollective
3rd December 2019, 06:34 PM
Zero chance the offender would read these comments or anything else on here.

Zero chance of you outdriving anyone with a change of shaft

Hatchman
3rd December 2019, 07:01 PM
Mr Red with Rage?